Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There
Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 8:23 Quote
I took a few new photos of the Racelink today. Come saturday and it might be on its way to a new home in Germany.

My Brooklyn Machine Works Racelink is looking for a new home. Its a shame but it is the way it is. I never have time to ride it.

Its a shame really, but its an even bigger shame that I never have time and/or energy to ride it.

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 9:59 Quote
chaserider wrote:
I took a few new photos of the Racelink today. Come saturday and it might be on its way to a new home in Germany.

My Brooklyn Machine Works Racelink is looking for a new home. Its a shame but it is the way it is. I never have time to ride it.

Its a shame really, but its an even bigger shame that I never have time and/or energy to ride it.

Sweet BMW. I still remember the old PB article where the writer toured the BMW shop. Doc sounded like a mad scientist.

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 10:03 Quote
megaold wrote:

Sweet BMW. I still remember the old PB article where the writer toured the BMW shop. Doc sounded like a mad scientist.

This one?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/article852.html

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 10:24 Quote
chaserider wrote:
megaold wrote:

This one?

Yup, that's the article. It's been a while since I read it.

That Rubber Duckie sounds absolutely insane (and ridiculously heavy to boot...).

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 10:29 Quote
megaold wrote:
chaserider wrote:
megaold wrote:

This one?

Yup, that's the article. It's been a while since I read it.

That Rubber Duckie sounds absolutely insane (and ridiculously heavy to boot...).

The Rubber Duckie was sold to a guy here in Sweden. He rode it up in Åre and from what Ive heard it was stolen from him on some French ski/mountainbike resort...Sad really!

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 14:02 Quote
Such a sad article about such an amazing guys

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 14:53 Quote
I wonder where it is now?

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/39673/

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 4:59 Quote
megaold wrote:
I wonder where it is now?

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/39673/

Probably sat in some guys shed with a tatty rattle can paint job growing dust as they have no idea what they really have there.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 16:19 Quote
Or sold for scrap and melted down.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 17:28 Quote
Murphyslaw wrote:
Or sold for scrap and melted down.
But let's not think about that...

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 15:09 Quote
megaold wrote:
chaserider wrote:

I'm not sure it was this bike but i saw a similar set up to this at whistler this year. it got a lot of looks. The owner said it was an amazing ride.

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 16:49 Quote
gforcejane wrote:
megaold wrote:
chaserider wrote:

I'm not sure it was this bike but i saw a similar set up to this at whistler this year. it got a lot of looks. The owner said it was an amazing ride.

As I have never been to Whistler, I can tell you that it was not my bike.
But is an amazing bike in every way. Right now it is on its way to its new home in Germany.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 18:42 Quote
It might be a bit short on O/A travel at both ends to be classed as a 'DH' bike, but I think it can sit proudly next to ; some / most / all / a tiny fraction, of the beasts here!

Thoroughly proud that I managed to build it up to the spec it has, despite being a poor student at the time!

Clean amp un-cluttered...apparently this is now potentially classed as a retro ride The most modern component is the Stem - some Easton jobbie thrown on after I managed to destroy a 50mm Azonic Shorty CNC stem.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 23:33 Quote
chaserider wrote:
jon211v wrote:
Sorry about the blurry pic but I just acquired this after wanting one since 2001.
It had no frame decals so I got some on Friday and gave him a good polish. I can't find any fork leg decals for the Shivers though Frown
This is a work in progress, I already changed the bars, seat and I bought a period MRP too which should be here any day.

photo

Very awesome.

I wanted a Stab Primo for several years, but never got one.
With that said I ended up getting some decent rides during the years.
Still, you can't go wrong with a nice old Kona.

Honestly I love this bike, I've ridden it loads since I got it. Took it out on Monday and my gears started skipping after a few hard landings.
Found a large crack in the swingarm down by the wheelbase adjusters Frown

Thought I'd have trouble finding a replacement and was considering getting it welded when I found a place that had 4 in stock at a good price. Bought and fitted already, only one problem.... it's bright red.

It looks kinda odd. Tempted to spray the whole rear triangle black. Or I might just ride that shit and not worry about the colour.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 23:43 Quote
jon211v wrote:
chaserider wrote:
jon211v wrote:
Sorry about the blurry pic but I just acquired this after wanting one since 2001.
It had no frame decals so I got some on Friday and gave him a good polish. I can't find any fork leg decals for the Shivers though Frown
This is a work in progress, I already changed the bars, seat and I bought a period MRP too which should be here any day.

photo

Very awesome.

I wanted a Stab Primo for several years, but never got one.
With that said I ended up getting some decent rides during the years.
Still, you can't go wrong with a nice old Kona.

Honestly I love this bike, I've ridden it loads since I got it. Took it out on Monday and my gears started skipping after a few hard landings.
Found a large crack in the swingarm down by the wheelbase adjusters Frown

Thought I'd have trouble finding a replacement and was considering getting it welded when I found a place that had 4 in stock at a good price. Bought and fitted already, only one problem.... it's bright red.

It looks kinda odd. Tempted to spray the whole rear triangle black. Or I might just ride that shit and not worry about the colour.

Just ride it! It has red hubs anyway... The shivers look fine bare IMO. (And I bet that like mine, they ride so good that you wouldn't trade them for a new fork!)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021030
Mobile Version of Website