Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There
Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 23:09 Quote
fredro wrote:
Cannondale Fulcrum

I don't understand the use of the triple chain ....

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 23:16 Quote
blacktea wrote:
fredro wrote:
Cannondale Fulcrum

I don't understand the use of the triple chain ....

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/myles-rockwells-1998-cannondale-fulcrum-video.html

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 18:36 Quote
OK, got a new/old toy today. When I first moved to Calgary in 2001 I remember seeing the RM9 in the Bike Shop and I loved it. Now that they are archaic and essentially worthless, I can now afford them!
photo

I'm going to restore/modify it so I slapped on my spare Supermonster. The original bars are just waaayyyy too narrow so I will probably be putting RF Altas' on it with an integrated stem. The seat is clapped out so I think I will throw a Chromag on.

The brakes are old Hayes Mags. I will see how they work before I replace them. The pedals are thrashed so those will be swapped. I'm not sure if I will be keeping the original SRAM grip shift and X9 derailler either...If anyone has a white 36 hole Double Wide rim, hit me up!

Here it is with it's slightly smaller brother.
photo

Posted: May 3, 2015 at 4:57 Quote
Yessss the RM bikes are sick

Posted: May 3, 2015 at 5:02 Quote
Those RMs look ace but the geo is so far out with those forks they must ride like a chopper

Posted: May 3, 2015 at 8:22 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Those RMs look ace but the geo is so far out with those forks they must ride like a chopper

Actually, they aren't as bad as I thought they would be. The wheel doesn't flop when you steer, but you're right, they aren't quick handling by any means. At this point they are novelty bikes.

Posted: May 3, 2015 at 10:14 Quote
Perfect for jumping off the roof of your house.

Posted: May 4, 2015 at 5:48 Quote
I know most people hated them. But I loved the old KHS Dominatrax,mine served me well and no issues ever. this was my Fontana plow bike!
Found some old pics of my Fontana Killer My old KHS DH100 Dom god I miss that bike.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 0:22 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
I know most people hated them. But I loved the old KHS Dominatrax,mine served me well and no issues ever. this was my Fontana plow bike!
Found some old pics of my Fontana Killer My old KHS DH100 Dom god I miss that bike.

Never tried one, but I have to say that I would never define a KHS as anywhere near sexy.

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 10:38 Quote
Certainly not the sexiest but this is something i'm working on.. Was originally going to do a Warner/Rockwell replica build but this paint is in such good condition i'm going to stay with these lairy colours.

Still cleaning this up and removing previous owners MBUK stickers

Giant ATX 2 DH with Boxxer 151

Hope Biguns

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 11:09 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Certainly not the sexiest but this is something i'm working on.. Was originally going to do a Rob Warner replica style build but this paint is in such good condition i'm going to stay with these lairy colours.

Fluo pink rims and grips should go on there.

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
brassinne wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Certainly not the sexiest but this is something i'm working on.. Was originally going to do a Rob Warner replica style build but this paint is in such good condition i'm going to stay with these lairy colours.

Fluo pink rims and grips should go on there.

Was saving those colours for my skinsuit (ala '99) to complete the retro vibe lol

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 5:33 Quote
that Giant is a beuty...

meanwhile in bay.de, link

edit, I can not post the pics, sorry

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 5:44 Quote
rik78 wrote:
that Giant is a beuty...

meanwhile in bay.de, link

edit, I can not post the pics, sorry
photo

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 5:48 Quote
thanks Dragan!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021685
Mobile Version of Website