Manitou spring on Fox DHX?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Manitou spring on Fox DHX?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 10:27 Quote
Hi everyone.
I'm thinking of getting a manitou titanium spring on my dhx. The problem is that I dunno if it fits. I have read on the forum that the inner diameter is the same that it "should" fit. But I want to know for sure. I have read that the outer diameter is larger than fox spring have. Also I have heard that the ending of the spring is different and is not reccomended to use on fox shock.

I'm interested in Manitou 500 x 2.75 spring on Fox DHX 5.0 222mm / 2.75 stroke.

Thanks for replies.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 10:31 Quote
I've run mismatched springs before without problems. Although springs are pretty damn cheap so I see no real reason to not just buy the proper one. Razz

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 10:32 Quote
According to this they do.

Manitou Rear Shock Springs, 2"
Manitou Rear Shock Springs, 2". May also fit Fox DHX/Van R ('07 onwards with 'piggyback' reservoir) and 5th Element 2" stroke rear shocks - NOTE: the internal diameter is approx. 1.5mm bigger, and the external diameter is approx. 3mm bigger than Fox and 5th Element own brand springs! Not sure what you need? Try our Spring Calculator or ring our expert technicians.

From here.

http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/Manitou/Manitou/Manitou-Rear-Shock-Springs

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 10:42 Quote
So it doesn't really fit. I've just measured the shock... The piggyback is like 5mm from the spring and the bottom out knob is around 3.5/4mm. So it might fit but will be damn close to it and I don't think thats the way it should be Smile The inner diameter shouldn't be a big deal though...

Titanium springs are not really a cheap issue, so thats why I'm thinking of Manitou (half the price)

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 10:51 Quote
Damn...

according to TFTuned -

in one article they say: "May also fit Fox DHX/Van R ('07 onwards with 'piggyback' reservoir) and 5th Element 2" stroke rear shocks"

and in another article: "Manitou or BOS springs will fit Fox DHX/Van R shocks in most cases and are less expensive."

May and will at the same time? WTF? Big Grin

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
krtkoo4 wrote:
Damn...

according to TFTuned -

in one article they say: "May also fit Fox DHX/Van R ('07 onwards with 'piggyback' reservoir) and 5th Element 2" stroke rear shocks"

and in another article: "Manitou or BOS springs will fit Fox DHX/Van R shocks in most cases and are less expensive."

May and will at the same time? WTF? Big Grin

It's like a cover,so if it doesn't fit it's not his fault.

What about nuke proof springs.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 12:22 Quote
well i'd love to have the nuke proof. but i won't spend +/- 200 on it. i can have the manitou for less than half that price. but still its a lot of money for a piece of metal Smile so i need to know for sure whether it fits

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 at 14:46 Quote
I just got my dhx in the mail today, and the manitou spring fits, but there is about 4mm of overhang around the retaining ring, so the spring is a little big, but it still fits. Is this ok to run?

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
I've always had manitou steel springs with fox dhx shocks and they've been fine. I've just ordered a titanium manitou spring so I hope it'll fit. If the steel ones fit, I'm pretty sure the titanium ones will.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 20:54 Quote
i have this set up on my nomad.. dhx 5.0 coil w/ manitou ti 400x2.75.. it is just a hair bigger inside than the stock fox. so i've used some tape inside to hold it tight.. it works ok without tape with no issues...

here are some other threads: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=581999

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 5:25 Quote
I've now got the Manitou Titanium spring and it fits with my Fox DHX shock no problems.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.017144
Mobile Version of Website