Let's see your muddy All-Mountain bike!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Let's see your muddy All-Mountain bike!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:26 Quote
Let's see your muddy / used All-Mountain Bikes

Working in the bike trade, I ALWAYS like to see muddy, dirty, scratched and worn bikes, because it means they are getting used...nothing more depressing to bike shop staff when customers bring in their year-old bike and its looking *brand new*...the shame!

Here's my Devinci after a muddy morning ride, the snow has finally melted in South-East England and turned the local trails into a mud bath (I think I prefer the snow!)

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:39 Quote
Son of a..... I JUST got back inside from washing my brown commencal... its white underneath!!! Razz

The last muddy AM bike pic will have to do, although this week it was far muddier!
photo

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 19:45 Quote
Here's my Jamis Dakar XLT2 after a muddy/snowy/nasty ride last April

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll179/epanasuik/3007_179800360313_564045313_6468354.jpg

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 10:34 Quote
MUST...GET... BIKE... MUDDY!

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 10:35 Quote
hampsteadbandit - how do you like the Crud Catcher? I'll be testing one out this season along with an RRP Neoguard.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 12:06 Quote
Crudcatcher?

its pretty good - I use the new version that was redesigned by Pete Tomkins' (Mr. Crud) son Jamie Tomkins who is a qualified vehicle designer and has worked for big car companies like VW!

He took the original design of the front and rear Crud catchers and updated them, both are substantially improved on the older designs - especially the rear which is much simpler to fit and more durable

I still use glasses (clear at night, and shaded during day) when riding, as the front Crud guard will not stop everything getting thrown up Wink

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 12:11 Quote
Thanks for the reply. I have the newest version as well and, like you, will continue to wear glasses/goggles just in case. I'm hoping that between the Crud Catcher and Neoguard there will be minimal debris flying at my face.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
with both the Crud and NeoG there will be practically nothing flying at your face!!

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 2:57 Quote
GET SOME DIRT ON THAT PITCH!

and put up a nice photo Smile

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 7:37 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
GET SOME DIRT ON THAT PITCH!

and put up a nice photo Smile
Yea I know that photo is horrible, but what else can you ask for from a first generation digital camera lol Razz

Ill get some better shots this weekend if its muddy out on the trails.

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 at 17:22 Quote
First time i actually got to try my bike out on some real stuff. check out the pics on my profile.

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 at 17:30 Quote
Thanks man! I still dont know how to post images. From that angle it actually seems pretty damn clean. hmm

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 at 17:45 Quote
Its about time someone actually posts a muddy bike...

Here we go
photo
photo
photo

This is why i don't ride much in the fall

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016005
Mobile Version of Website