Tyler's Bike Ride Log Blog

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Tyler's Bike Ride Log Blog
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 9:59 Quote
Ok so Mike took the initiative and started this log blog thing and against my initial will I was not gonna join the wagon, but dang last night's ride was fun and it was the first of the season for me. Yep the weather is currently in our favor, but I have been holding out my energy for snow (which is being elusive), so out came the bike for the season ahead.

I'll do my best to post info and atleast one pic from each ride this year.

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 10:15 Quote
Subscribed Salute you have some beautiful riding in canada.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 11:03 Quote
Last night Cory P, Gerald and Myself went to Vedder after the XC crew had started their ride to get in a shuttle or two. This was my first ride of the season. We hit up Two Cents, Skidder/Turd Ferg, Ditch Chicken/Electric Lettuce/Mango and Femur on the first lap. Then we ran into Dan and his buddy Mike (it was Mike's first night ride ever - he's hooked). Back up for a Two Cents (thanks to who ever worked on it recently), Skidder/Turd Ferg and then Dilema run. Great 2 laps guys - thanks!

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Mod
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 16:24 Quote
Nice! Subscribed.

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 15:24 Quote
kakah wrote:
Nice! Subscribed.
Same, if its anything close to as intersting at kakah's it will be cool!

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 17:48 Quote
Ok I finally got off my snowboard and key board and went for a rip last night. To celebrate my 5th year here at Pinkbike I was gonna do a solo ride, thankfully Cori answered his phone and joined me on a shuttle instead of a pedal.

Some XC riders were just going home when we arrived and they said it was good up there. Wow it was sweet! We rode 2Cents (New dirt work and a little step down), Skidder to Terd Ferg, Ditch Chicken to Mango and Femur. It was Cori's first night ride with a helmet mount - I think he's sold on it now.

photo

I'm gonna keep riding the Enduro even though my DH bike has arrived, but I'm tooo rusty to get on it - need more pedal time first.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 0:30 Quote
Looks good Ty. Come ride some shore!

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 19:20 Quote
Friday was a good day for bikes. Rode to work in the pissing rain = gross! So I texted my buddy to bail on the afternoon ride - turns out he's got a new phone and drove from Whistler still. Needless to say I was stoked to meet up with James and Natasha once the sun came out and I sucked up the fact that I'd have to take 3-4 hours off work to go riding - heck ya! James took a before ride picture but has not emailed it yet.

photo

photo

Back to work and then Cori called at like 6 PM to tell me that he'd borrowed Mike's lights as Mike is peeing out his butt and could not ride. Gerald was easy to convince to join in and the 3 of us hit up Vedder at around 815.

photo

photo

photo

photo

We did the go to lap of Vedder that we seem to migrate to each night ride. Glad I'd been up earlier and knew what to expect as the rain had slickened the trails up a bit. It was a great day with 2 laps up on Vedder.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 19:41 Quote
Today was day four for the season. I wanted to go boarding but my strata is complaining about a few things, so it was life stuff in the AM and then met up with Mike and Cori for a den shuttle this afternoon. The trails are retarded right now, like so good and the air is cool but not cold - like perfect. Ricky Federeau was slaying Vedder on his hucking bike even. Told us that he was a Cougar on MOnday and it did not care that he was around, kinda makes me uneasy.

Cori and Mike planned to film the Den, but someone forgot to charge the camera= WTF boys!

photo
Useless Camera

photo
They are actually stacked in a proper fashion, just looks bad.

photo
Stolen car that was ditched on the mountain

photo
Cori snooping about

photo
Only time this year that I'll beat Mike up any hills

photo
Tubeless hey?

Once again the trails are in great shape and I will likely hit up Sumas for my forst adventure there this year tomorrow if all goes well.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 19:48 Quote
Between yours and Kakah's 2010 ride blogs, I really think I need to move. Great pics and write-up.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 19:51 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
Between yours and Kakah's 2010 ride blogs, I really think I need to move. Great pics and write-up.

It's not bad, I have been fighting riding as I love snow and snowboarding like nothing else. But the urge and the conditions are here, so might as well enjoy it when I can.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 19:55 Quote
The great thing is you have the option to do both, I do not. Gonna start looking for jobs there and try to convince the wife.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 16:02 Quote
photo

photo

Did a solo XC ride on Sumas today for my 5th ride of the season and fourth day in a row. I was really stoked to see how busy the trail Gnomes have been on the East side. Saw Kerry's Jeep and a white truck but they were elusive and never saw/ heard them. Trails are a little slick, but rain does that = so sweet up there for the mid travel bike!

Great work to all the builders!

This was the first time that I have ever ridden from the lower gate to where the old gate was without stopping and I was so stoked. It took me close to 45 mins and I know that may be lame for some but for me it was heroic! Tried to stop at a minimum on the way down too as I would like to do a loop one day with out a break - as if, not with rest areas like this:

photo

I hear that the DH trails and Knob Gobbler are getting a lot of shuttle traffic but the XC side is pretty mint:

photo

Mike and I both have these blogs on the go this season and here is a link to his -
Mikes Blog. I am want to talk a bit more about the bikes and parts that I am riding on in my blogs I have decided after today's ride as you the reader need to at least get something more out of the read besides we got to enjoy the woods. Today I want to talk about the Panaracer CG 2.35 4X/AM tires.

photo

It is really tough to post reviews on all the parts that roll through our doors here at Pinkbike, but I think I will try to talk about parts as best as I can and feel free to ask questions too.

At a glance, while still folded up, I honestly thought these tires looked terrible with their seemingly close knit tread pattern and high side knobs. After 5 good adventures, here is what I am feeling under me. While riding slow the side knobs do seem a little tall and too far apart (total opposite from the center tread pattern), but get them up to speed and on edge and they start to do their job. Would perhaps like to see a less "large, Blocky" side knob and in turn more knobs for a continuous side patch to grip with. It's is the center section that is surprising me though. Going up, the tire rolled well (not like a little XC tire, but way better than a chunky FR tire) and coming down in the muck and loose dirt around here, it is actually biting really hard into the dirt. I may have to contact Panaracer to ask what is going on for a better description for you readers. The over all round profile means that it transitions nice when leaning the bike over too.

photo

photo

One thing that I really want to say about Panaracer tires is that they seat on a rim better than anything else I have ever used. From my first set of Smoke/Dart tires to the Fire XC Pros to the CG's, these tires just seat really well and that is a huge plus in my books! Only down so far is that the casing feels really supple on square edge hits - no flats yet, but always worried about it and at 30PSI I shouldn't have to worry.

Ok that is it for today, the Enduro and I are getting along great!

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 20:51 Quote
Thursday night ride if weather permits?

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 23:34 Quote
Cool, glad you're out there riding. I'm still on my snowboard. We're expecting 18 inches tonight into the morning.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.393638
Mobile Version of Website