2008 marzocchi DJ3 topping out, advice on how to fix/whats wrong?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2008 marzocchi DJ3 topping out, advice on how to fix/whats wrong?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 10:47 Quote
my mate has just bought a pair of 08 dj3's for his kona shonky, when you pull up to hop up kerbs etc. etc.
it makes a violent 'dong' noise Confused

anybody know what's wrong with them as i haven't really had any experience of dj3s

Cheers Smile

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 11:08 Quote
i had this issue with my DJ4's. what you have to do is put little pieces of towel(like beach towel pieces) on the rubber bumpers on the rods that stick out of the basically jut cushion the bumpers, and also on thetop and bottom of the spring. i did this and it reduced the noise a lot.

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 11:21 Quote
fall0ut wrote:
i had this issue with my DJ4's. what you have to do is put little pieces of towel(like beach towel pieces) on the rubber bumpers on the rods that stick out of the basically jut cushion the bumpers, and also on thetop and bottom of the spring. i did this and it reduced the noise a lot.

cheers, so is it just them being noisy or is it bad for the forks??

also just had a proper fiddle with them and the spring is way to heavy for him so he's gonna get a correct wieghted spring and see if that makes a difference to the noise tup

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 11:24 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
fall0ut wrote:

also just had a proper fiddle with them and the spring is way to heavy for him so he's gonna get a correct wieghted spring and see if that makes a difference to the noise tup

its not bad for the fork, theyre all like thatConfused

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 6:54 Quote
It's just what they do!

The rebound adjust hardly does anything!

Try replacing the oil with some heavier weight stuff (i think Zocchi's come standard with 7.5, so try like 10 weight or something)

Also try running a little less air in them, the pressure can speed the rebound up alot!

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 19:45 Quote
riggadon wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:
fall0ut wrote:

its not bad for the fork, theyre all like thatConfused

yes, but a good fork is no noise

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010101
Mobile Version of Website