Fox 40 RC2 set up Please help

PB Forum :: DH & 4X racing
Fox 40 RC2 set up Please help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 11:01 Quote
Hi i own a 40 rc2 and am wondering how to properly set it up. Do i measure sag with all the compression knobs fully open and rebound full open? Please help with this.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
Rebound and compression won't make any difference. The only thing that changes sag is the weight of your spring in the fork (or the air pressure in an air shock)

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 18:12 Quote
preload will make a difference.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 18:19 Quote
Go to Forks, 40, then 40 again and follow the setup directions by Fox. Also take a look at the suspension tuning tips in the same link:

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/010/eng/index.html

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
Lucky for you I spent all morning looking at Fox manuals (I'm about to get a bike with an RC4 and 40s) to learn about setup. Their tech pages/manuals talk you through it in really simple steps:
Fox 40 Manual

Neither rebound nor compression should effect sag, just spring preload - which adjusted using the blue dial on top of one of the fork legs.

Rebound/Compression damping will only effect the speed that the fork moves at and not the spring rate.

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 13:46 Quote
Ive got mine set with quite high rebound, and the high + low speed compression knobs turned to the - setting. I ride very rocky gnarly Downhill course (such as fort william), is this set up wise? Also what should i do with the preload?

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv88 0.018653
Mobile Version of Website