The Cyclocross Thread

PB Forum :: 29ers
The Cyclocross Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 12:10 Quote
I know this is completely the wrong time of year to start this thread but I just noticed there isn't a dedicated CX thread. So talk about races, post you CX bike and all that stuff here Big Grin

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 11:07 Quote
madd-matt wrote:
I know this is completely the wrong time of year to start this thread but I just noticed there isn't a dedicated CX thread. So talk about races, post you CX bike and all that stuff hear Big Grin

Can anyone help suggest a low budget cx fork I can use to convert my roadie into a cx build? Can I use a fork from a rigid touring bike? I think the rake is incorrect for tight handling. I've never built a cx bike before. It will be full Tiagra and I'm undecided on rubber. I imagine the Racelights will have to come off - I think I have some Wobbler rims that would work out ok....

Thanks,
Andrew.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 20:44 Quote
You could do a Surly Cross Check fork. It's one of my favorites and is relatively cheap.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 20:47 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
You could do a Surly Cross Check fork. It's one of my favorites and is relatively cheap.

Thanks! I actually ended up finding a fork from a solo cx bike. We'll see how it goes. Now to get some rubber. I am using Mavic Aksium wheels (don't plan on racing or being too terribly aggressive or techincal so I'm hoping they should be ok).

A.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 21:12 Quote
The Aksium's should be solid. Just stay away from the technical downhill trails! Beer

I'm using 32c WTB Cross Wolf Race tires, they're super fast and still have tons of grip in the deep stuff!

O+
Posted: May 22, 2010 at 13:13 Quote
Last season I was thinking there should be a cross thread.... now i see there is one..... good.
Shall we show off our cross bikes in this thread also?

Posted: May 22, 2010 at 13:32 Quote
Well heres my Specialized Tricross:
photo

Very pleased with bike. It is comfortable and easy to ride. Don't like the wheels though, to flexible for my liking. Am thinking of upgrading to some stiffer Mavic wheels.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2010 at 13:37 Quote
nice.......
Here is my Redline:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4449/img0486tm.jpg

Posted: May 22, 2010 at 13:40 Quote
Thats nice! How do you rate those wheels for CX? Anygood? Do they flex while out of the saddle?

O+
Posted: May 22, 2010 at 13:46 Quote
I only weigh 125 lbs so its hard for me to judge the overall stiffness of the wheels. I do notice they are stiffer then the Easton EA90SLXs on my road bike tho.

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 11:46 Quote
What tyres are people running? Quite fancying the Maxxis Mimo CX. Any suggestions?

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 11:53 Quote
no offense but why do people do cyclecross ???

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 13:13 Quote
same reason people do anything on a bike....... its fun

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 13:15 Quote
but surley if you want to go off road get a mountain bike and if you want to go on road get a road bike
i mean you cant really push those bikes (drops, downhills)

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 13:24 Quote
..... and if you want to jump get a BMX.......

Its a compleatly different type of riding then cross country / trail..... a cyclocross bike is alot faster on wide open single track.
also its really fun to pass people on the trail when you are on a "road bike"

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012942
Mobile Version of Website