The Cyclocross Thread

PB Forum :: 29ers
The Cyclocross Thread
Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 12:30 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
How does she ride?

Smooth as ever. very comfortable. The hoods feel great. The low bb really makes the bike feel planted. I have yet to get it into the woods.

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 12:38 Quote
Sounds good. I'm really starting to dig that frame.

Now get that thing in the woods!

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 19:19 Quote
dialeddobermann wrote:
READY TO RACE. temp platform pedals for commuting, I have some Time atacs for clips

photo

This is a great build. Love it. What is the weight? Your Cinelli is sick too!

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 14:13 Quote
jordandoner wrote:
dialeddobermann wrote:
READY TO RACE. temp platform pedals for commuting, I have some Time atacs for clips

photo

Cinelli was sold to build up this badboy! thanks. Its 17.7lbs.

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 19:04 Quote
dialeddobermann wrote:
jordandoner wrote:
dialeddobermann wrote:

photo

That's unfortunate. But 17.7 is great for a chromoly frame and fork. Bet it rides so nice.

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 20:10 Quote
jordandoner wrote:
dialeddobermann wrote:
jordandoner wrote:

That's unfortunate. But 17.7 is great for a chromoly frame and fork. Bet it rides so nice.

Thanks man! It rips. Super fast, keeps speed really well with these wheels. Its silky smooth and comfortably slack. THe low bb makes it feel really well slung and solid. Great bike. Super fun to tool around with the flats too. I dont feel like i have to be in full race gear to go out for a ride or ride fast.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 9:18 Quote
Hey there everyone..

I am looking to build up a set of rims for a rail trail runner. I am piecing together a number of parts that I have acquired for a bike, but I am wondering what is a decent cross rim to use to be able to support a 30 or possibly a 32 c tire. I have used 32c's on a set of mavic open4's before and to more problems than I care the mention.

thanks ahead of time.

Tim

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 9:45 Quote
Hi Tim,

Most manufacturers will list a maximum size tire that their rims will accommodate, and all the major brands will have rims that will work for you.

All the best.

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 12:02 Quote
I'd have said go for a set of Mavic Open Pro's or Reflex.

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 14:16 Quote
stans alpha work great for the higher volume tires

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 16:11 Quote
madd-matt wrote:
I'd have said go for a set of Mavic Open Pro's or Reflex.

Thanks Matt. I have a set of open pro's on my road bike and love the rim. I built them about 8 years ago, and have only had to true them twice. Problem is if I go above a 28c tire for what ever reason I get more flats than I caree to deal with and I think it's the internal width of the rim.

I would have had said the same thing as well until I did it..lol

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 16:12 Quote
Kootenaycycle wrote:
stans alpha work great for the higher volume tires

thanks... I`ll check them out.

Mod
Posted: Sep 12, 2013 at 22:49 Quote
All city looks great. switching to 1x10 on my Tri-cross, what rings are you guys running? I was thinking of a 42, going Wolftooth so I can ditch the guide all together. Anyone else on a 1x system?

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2013 at 0:27 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
All city looks great. switching to 1x10 on my Tri-cross, what rings are you guys running? I was thinking of a 42, going Wolftooth so I can ditch the guide all together. Anyone else on a 1x system?

I am thinking that I want to go 1x on my Crux too... I now have a dedicated road bike so I am thinking a 1x would be nicer for actual cross racing..

Posted: Sep 13, 2013 at 8:49 Quote
Rode 1x10 for a little bit. 39 front 11-25 back. Fairly good, just a bit limited for road riding in general.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016546
Mobile Version of Website