Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...
Posted: Feb 19, 2014 at 0:40 Quote
lonewolf-riders wrote:
photo
my big hit
really sick bike, i like the colors.

Posted: Feb 19, 2014 at 0:57 Quote
here's mine in probably the last stage of it's life, swapping out for a newer frame!

photo

Posted: Feb 19, 2014 at 4:38 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
here's mine in probably the last stage of it's life, swapping out for a newer frame!

You've did well for it while you had it. tup

Posted: Feb 23, 2014 at 3:42 Quote
Got my Bighit finally running properly so i can get used to it and start riding without dropping a chain! chain guide sorted.. and dual 24 wheels.. Head angle is a bit steep so im hanging off the back more but i like that, and steering input is much better and im getting through the tight stuff better, a good session at rogate allowed me to get used to it and im stoked. Will put a pic up soon..

Probably sessioned a bitt too hard for my current travel though, bottoming out at both ends on the "bighits" next up new shock and forks!

Posted: Feb 23, 2014 at 3:45 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
tomcrowther wrote:

Cheers dude, it's been absolutely great in the 8 months I've had it! Just really struggling to sell it now, I mean £400 for a 2010 frame with a sick shock and £70 worth of brand new headset.

Posted: Feb 23, 2014 at 13:30 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
cougar797 wrote:
tomcrowther wrote:

Cheers dude, it's been absolutely great in the 8 months I've had it! Just really struggling to sell it now, I mean £400 for a 2010 frame with a sick shock and £70 worth of brand new headset.

dude good luck with the sale. only input is that from 0 on ebay, a 26, 24 old big hit complete bike will go for 500ish maybe around 400 on a unlucky auction. an old 26 24 big hit frame will go for 200 tops with a sick shock.

i guess the only thing you can do is advertise it to the exact description, if the punters see exactly what you have im sure you will get a reasonable price for it.

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 8:12 Quote
Unfortunately, putting a lot of $ into a bighit is like investing a lot of money into redoing a little house. It doesnt matter how nice it is, you will never get it back.

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 9:08 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
Unfortunately, putting a lot of $ into a bighit is like investing a lot of money into redoing a little house. It doesnt matter how nice it is, you will never get it back.

That can been said for any make/model of frame.

I say if you like it and like the way it rides, spend as much money on it as you want.

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 11:30 Quote
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there's a possibility of running a 27.5 rear wheel with stock chainstays/seatstays?

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 11:52 Quote
jack-jdeagan10 wrote:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there's a possibility of running a 27.5 rear wheel with stock chainstays/seatstays?

Haven't tried, or even thought about doing it to be honest. But it looks pretty tight @ the arch over the seatstay with 26"

If it did fit, I'd imagine it'd change the geo a little bit, raise the bottom bracket, unless you offset the shock

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 13:08 Quote
TomShark wrote:
jack-jdeagan10 wrote:

Haven't tried, or even thought about doing it to be honest. But it looks pretty tight @ the arch over the seatstay with 26"

If it did fit, I'd imagine it'd change the geo a little bit, raise the bottom bracket, unless you offset the shock

Yeah i just had a look at mine. Its wicked close back there already. Naturally i wouldnt put a bigger rear on without a bigger front as well so geo changes would be minimal. Scratch that idea.

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 at 19:45 Quote
Here's a potato picture of my big hit so far. It has red nipples and ano brown hubs. I'm expecting a 130mm circus and slim railed saddle tup
Hopefully I can get a fork soon but this is the big hit so far

Posted: Mar 3, 2014 at 11:30 Quote
f*ckkk, i can't wait... after 2-3 weeks, i will get Dartmoor Fortress white rims, Shimano Zee cranks... I already have Boxxers 2012 RC, but i can't put them on BigHit, becouse i'm waiting for rims.. I will put all of these on 2007 BigHit... Will be very nice...

Posted: Mar 3, 2014 at 15:40 Quote
Big hit be very very big.
the shock's in the right hole now, so don't get your knickers in a knot.

Posted: Mar 4, 2014 at 14:02 Quote
that looks sooooooooo strange!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019301
Mobile Version of Website