Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 12:45 Quote
schiz wrote:
mooseman180 wrote:
i go an 07, ill post pics when its totally finished, but what do you guys find better with the ones with the slack or steep rear triangle setting do you like?

i like my bike in the slack setting... find it tracks better over stuff
yeah i just put mine in the steep setting, it seems to sit a bit higher, but im not sure what one i like more.

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 13:05 Quote
ya mines in the slack position. I think it gives you a more comfortable and better DH body position.

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 at 17:15 Quote
Here's the latest edition to my family:

An 08 big hit fsr 2, got it about a week ago from my LBS.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4801545/
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4801544/
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4801543/
(Can't post the actual pictures for some reason, help?)

Mostly stock, plan on building it up as components begin to break. I'm upgrading to a DHX rear shock in a few days, I just have to install it.

Rockshox Domain 318
Fox DHX 3.0
Hayes Stroker Ryde 8"
SRAM x9 rear derailleur
SRAM x5 shifters
Lock on grips of course
Truvative Husselfelt cranks
SBC chain guide
Cane creek head set
Set up as 1x9 for FR/DH

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 2:38 Quote
domdamonster wrote:
Here's the latest edition to my family:

An 08 big hit fsr 2, got it about a week ago from my LBS.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4801545/
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4801544/
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4801543/
(Can't post the actual pictures for some reason, help?)

Mostly stock, plan on building it up as components begin to break. I'm upgrading to a DHX rear shock in a few days, I just have to install it.

Rockshox Domain 318
Fox DHX 3.0
Hayes Stroker Ryde 8"
SRAM x9 rear derailleur
SRAM x5 shifters
Lock on grips of course
Truvative Husselfelt cranks
SBC chain guide
Cane creek head set
Set up as 1x9 for FR/DH

Looks nice man, make sure you get the 2.75" DHX to make use of 8" travel! Salute

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 11:32 Quote
photo
photo
spec:
2005 marzocchi monster t
2006 marzocchi roco wc
saint cranks
mavic 729 on sun ringle abbah
DT swiss 6.1 in sun ringle abbah
sdg i beam seat and post
dmr v8's
hayes 9 with v8 rotors
deore lx mech with 12-23 ultegra cassete
race face diablous chain guide
and few other little things

Posted: Apr 9, 2010 at 20:49 Quote
connen31 wrote:
BIGSHIT

Hey, the bike may look like a rolling turd and pedal like one; but in mid air this bike is as agile as a tiger, dragon, & hawk combined. And if I'm correct it is a freeride/downhill bike so it can't be blamed for it's shit weasel excuse of a pedaling job because that's not what it's made for. The line of big hits are meant to go big and that's exactly what mine does no questions asked. This bike pushes MY limits. I can ride the most technical trail in my town and my big hit just keeps asking for more. I'm not gonna lie, the name big shit is comical, but does not apply in my opinion.

I was actually against getting a big hit after i lost my last bike; but after getting to rip one around at my local freeride spot, i fell in love and got one.

bada bing

Posted: Apr 9, 2010 at 21:13 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
heres my baby... 09 bighit 1 i love this thing! lemme know what you guys think
photo
photo
photo

thank you for surfing with us the thread is over we have winner Wink

best looking big hit ive EVER seen. i work in a spesh shop ive seen the lot of themWink best one yet Wink

Posted: Apr 9, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
NWray wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
photo
photo
photo

best looking big hit ive EVER seen. i work in a spesh shop ive seen the lot of themWink best one yet Wink
AWESOME!!!! Id like to thank my lbs, my family, and God. lol no but seriously, thanks a lot man, i REALLY appreciate it a lot. Cheers!!!

Posted: Apr 9, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
mine doesnt look great but has some nice parts. rides really nice, even w/ a shitty rear shock

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 9, 2010 at 21:19 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
NWray wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
photo
photo
photo

AWESOME!!!! Id like to thank my lbs, my family, and God. lol no but seriously, thanks a lot man, i REALLY appreciate it a lot. Cheers!!!

why is there wet stuff in my pants?

Posted: Apr 9, 2010 at 21:20 Quote
fall0ut wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
NWray wrote:

why is there wet stuff in my pants?
Hahahahahahahaha! thats great

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 19:08 Quote
domdamonster wrote:
connen31 wrote:
BIGSHIT

Hey, the bike may look like a rolling turd and pedal like one; but in mid air this bike is as agile as a tiger, dragon, & hawk combined. And if I'm correct it is a freeride/downhill bike so it can't be blamed for it's shit weasel excuse of a pedaling job because that's not what it's made for. The line of big hits are meant to go big and that's exactly what mine does no questions asked. This bike pushes MY limits. I can ride the most technical trail in my town and my big hit just keeps asking for more. I'm not gonna lie, the name big shit is comical, but does not apply in my opinion.

I was actually against getting a big hit after i lost my last bike; but after getting to rip one around at my local freeride spot, i fell in love and got one.

bada bing
Honestly mate im not having ago at bighits cuz there ugly but because i hate the ride quality( yes i have ridden both styles), though i am interested to see how the new one handles some bigger forks
And if you think a bighit is agille then you have never riden anything half decent

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 19:17 Quote
"Honestly mate im not having ago at bighits cuz there ugly but because i hate the ride quality( yes i have ridden both styles), though i am interested to see how the new one handles some bigger forks
And if you think a bighit is agille then you have never riden anything half decent"

IF you can read and understand english: I clearly agreed with you that the big hit is ugly and pedals like a whale. On the other hand, I only said that the big hit is agile while in MID FLIGHT aka off of a ladder drop; not while on the ground. Use your noggin and think before you...type. Thanks.

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 19:17 Quote
sorry for the double post...

And by the way i've ridden bikes from santa cruz vp free's and v10's to fully carbon xc bikes. So i already have somewhat of an idea of what an "agile" bike is like...

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 19:31 Quote
domdamonster wrote:
"Honestly mate im not having ago at bighits cuz there ugly but because i hate the ride quality( yes i have ridden both styles), though i am interested to see how the new one handles some bigger forks
And if you think a bighit is agille then you have never riden anything half decent"

IF you can read and understand english: I clearly agreed with you that the big hit is ugly and pedals like a whale. On the other hand, I only said that the big hit is agile while in MID FLIGHT aka off of a ladder drop; not while on the ground. Use your noggin and think before you...type. Thanks.
He basically said that the bighit isnt agille in the air or anywhere. Which is true as the bighit is deffinetly a pig.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.043084
Mobile Version of Website