The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
O+
Posted: May 15, 2014 at 14:28 Quote
My first two 700's I had built I did the 1 shot clean, 1 shot clean x10. Followed by cleaning after 3 shot groups for the next 30rds. Both of those guns shot great.

Just for shits and giggles on my current rifle I just took it out of the box and shot it, and shot it, and shot it. 500rounds down the pipe with nothing more than a few patches of powder solvent and exterior wipe downs and that's the only cleaning it has received. This damn thing shoots better than both my old ones did bit a huge margin.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2014 at 11:11 Quote
Just scored a 1120rd crate of .223 for $220 Canadian, Stoked!

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 11:54 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:

That's killer. I need that kinda luck with .22lr

O+
Posted: May 16, 2014 at 17:17 Quote
Its hard to find up here now, we had a great supply flowing into Canada up until this year. Its still around, just not everywhere you look. I've got one full 500rd brick and I'm about halfway through my second brick.

Hows the powder supply down south?

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 17:21 Quote
.22 has been pretty hard to find but everything else is pretty easy to get. Slickguns.com has awesome deal trackers.

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 22:43 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:

That is a great deal!

I need to get more shotgun shells for clay shooting. And some match ammo for my Tikka but the dealers are still out.

Oh, and by the way.
I got a new bolt handle for my Tikka;

photo

O+
Posted: May 17, 2014 at 22:44 Quote
Thats pretty neat looking, where did you pick up that Bolt Shroud? My girlfriends T3 SS Lite is screaming get this plastic bolt shroud off of me.

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 23:05 Quote
The bolt shroud is from a swedish guy but ive seen them from some different companys.
Its a good upgrade from the original.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 12:57 Quote
Here´s a full picture:

photo

O+
Posted: May 18, 2014 at 16:09 Quote
chaserider wrote:
Here´s a full picture:

photo

love.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2014 at 18:04 Quote
yeah buddy, that is one of the most Badass Tikka's I have ever seen... I wish we could go shoot sometime! Bring that thing out to Canada and I promise you'd have a blast.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 21:10 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
yeah buddy, that is one of the most Badass Tikka's I have ever seen... I wish we could go shoot sometime! Bring that thing out to Canada and I promise you'd have a blast.

Thanks. I am really happy with the way it turned out.
Next step is saving up for some higher quality optics, but that will take a while. Im thinking that a Nightforce ATACR might do the trick.

I would absolutely love to go to Canada one day. But I have no idea when that would be possible, and if I would bring the rifle or not! Blank Stare

dkidd: Thanks!

O+
Posted: May 19, 2014 at 11:34 Quote
It's possible, you would either need to apply for temporary firearms permits, and I don't know what you'd need to transport it from your country and on the plane but it's possible...
Bring it on out and see how it feels to ring steel at 1300yards

Posted: May 19, 2014 at 11:42 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
It's possible, you would either need to apply for temporary firearms permits, and I don't know what you'd need to transport it from your country and on the plane but it's possible...
Bring it on out and see how it feels to ring steel at 1300yards

I know that it is possible from most points of view, I know several people that travel all over the world with weaponry. But as it is, it is not possible do to economical reasons. We are moving in 5 weeks and there are a few things to mend in the old apartment and quite some stuff to get for the new apartment, as we are going up in size.
And thus, our rent will increase which leads me to less money to spend on other things. So traveling is not really high on the priority list as it is.
Unless one or both of two things happen; I either inherit a shitload of money from a relative I never knew I had. Or I win epic amounts of money on some kind of lottery. And I don´t gamble much...

But it would be very cool, and ringing steel at 1300 yards would only be part of the awesomeness of a trip to Canada.

Posted: May 30, 2014 at 10:24 Quote
Some photos from today:
photo

photo

photo

Good times.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018392
Mobile Version of Website