The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 8:39 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
roninagent23 wrote:
just picked this up today

just picked up this

Ooh! What stock is that? Love it!

It's an AICS stock. Accuracy International.

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
I need a box mag .308 sometime in the next year or two lol

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 23:22 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Even the standard Remington 700 is pretty boss. It's on my short list of rifles to get in the next 10 years.

But so is the new KelTec RDB:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/15243726258-1ef426d3b0-k.jpg

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 4:10 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

I highly recommend a Tikka T3.
The new CTR looks great, or a Varmint if you can find one in .308 (availability seems to be so so in the U.S).

The only hardware I am concentrating on is bullets.
My target rifle is very much in order, and I am satisfied with the accuracy I get with SMKs out to 800 meters.
But the next project is to find a load for beyond that, out to say 1100-1200 meters. I did initial tests with the Lapua Scenar L 175 grain bullet, and yesterday I ordered some Hornady A-Max 178 grain bullets to try.

I hope to bang some steel at 1000 meter + this year.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 7:49 Quote
I have love for bolt guns and a weekness for a full on bolt action long range rig, but after shooting some accurized ARs I got the semi-auto bug and ended up selling my bolt 308 for an accurized AR. It's amazing when you are hitting the same targets with no down time or re-aiming between shots.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 8:51 Quote
as a lurker I must say the last few pages have shown considerable....escalation in the firepower postings. ronin I would love to see more of the videos you speak of, and cant help but be interested to hear more about your tours.
are there any archery aficionados on this thread? I know it pales in comparison...

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 9:12 Quote
9mm, 12ga, 5.56, .308, grenade launcher, .338... archery.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 10:02 Quote
seraph wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Even the standard Remington 700 is pretty boss. It's on my short list of rifles to get in the next 10 years.

actually, a magazine fed 308 700 is exactly what i wantt!!

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.centerfireprecision.com/uploads/3/0/1/5/3015080/4304807.jpg?596
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/xmya55/700DBM.jpg

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 10:14 Quote
obee1 wrote:
as a lurker I must say the last few pages have shown considerable....escalation in the firepower postings. ronin I would love to see more of the videos you speak of, and cant help but be interested to hear more about your tours.
are there any archery aficionados on this thread? I know it pales in comparison...

Archery was my first love. I'm actually poking around at picking up a Prime bow

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 10:35 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
I have love for bolt guns and a weekness for a full on bolt action long range rig, but after shooting some accurized ARs I got the semi-auto bug and ended up selling my bolt 308 for an accurized AR. It's amazing when you are hitting the same targets with no down time or re-aiming between shots.

As a swede, I am highly limited as far as semi automatic rifles go. We are not allowed to hunt with anything AR or even resembling an AR. I would like to explore the potential in an AR platform (target use only), but right now money and the possibility of extensive paperwork limits my interest.

A quality AR-10 or Scar SSR would be a nice moneypit to get going.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 11:16 Quote
dkidd wrote:
9mm, 12ga, 5.56, .308, grenade launcher, .338... archery.

Hahaha yeah, I'll shut up.

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 at 11:00 Quote
We saw American Sniper yesterday. It was good, but I honestly thought it was going to be more of a drama than a war movie. It spent a lot of time with him in enemy territory. I wish it had shown more footage of him helping vets before he met his tragic end.

It also showed him with his sidearm in a custom leather holster. Pretty sure that's not military issue, unless it's just something Kyle did in real life.

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 at 11:13 Quote
I'm far from an expert, but don't the SEALs kinda carry whatever works for them VS what's issued to them? Being an AK guy, I've read stories of some of them choosing to use AKs for certain missions.

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 at 11:29 Quote
seraph wrote:
We saw American Sniper yesterday. It was good, but I honestly thought it was going to be more of a drama than a war movie. It spent a lot of time with him in enemy territory. I wish it had shown more footage of him helping vets before he met his tragic end.

It also showed him with his sidearm in a custom leather holster. Pretty sure that's not military issue, unless it's just something Kyle did in real life.

If memory serves, he got a Wilson combat 1911 that he carried on atleast one deployment. It got damaged by a frag and then he went back to his issued Sig Sauer.

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 at 11:47 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
I'm far from an expert, but don't the SEALs kinda carry whatever works for them VS what's issued to them? Being an AK guy, I've read stories of some of them choosing to use AKs for certain missions.

I know that certain branches allow their soldiers to carry 7.62 rifles when they will be in an area that is populated by enemies carrying AKs, so that in case they have to scavenge ammo from the area they will be using the same caliber.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013416
Mobile Version of Website