The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Jan 13, 2016 at 6:11 Quote
I'm putting a new stock on it so I'll be refinishing all the woodwork. The metal will keep its patina though.

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 19:37 Quote
This rifle looks awesome. That is all.

photo

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 12:19 Quote
Hey dudes,

This is probably opening a big, stinky, slimy can of worms.. Feel free to tell me to shut my trap if ya wish.

What do the US guys think of this upcoming presidential election? Personally, I'm for abortion and legalizing pot, however, those issues fall far down my personal list of priorities- firearm rights are at the very damn top. I'm agnostic, but I do believe the bible holds merit as a basis for morals to govern the people. Without a rulebook, so to say, how is one to calibrate their moral compass? Liberal values and morals seem to be so damned ambiguous, and I feel that keeping the bible as a cornerstone to guide the principles behind our country's decisions is key to staying integral.

With all that said, while I do have a couple of liberal sympathies, I lean vastly towards the right. It seems that in this election, the only chance of getting a non-gun-grabber in office is Trump. I have mixed feelings as to whether or not or not he's the man for the job, though.

His aggression is what this country needs right now, a kick in the ass, ya know? But, his unapologetic stance, while I personally admire it, is likely to cause a lot of tension in delegations with other countries, especially in this politically correct, risk averse, everyone-is-offended-by-everything world we live in. Some suggest it could spark WWIII, and that is a f*cking scary thought- the end result would very likely be nuclear holocaust.

I've never been very politically aware or active, I spent the greater part of my life ignoring politics and news in general. My childhood passion for guns was sparked again last year (got out of it for awhile due to legal problems from making poor decisions), and as it seems to be such a huge topic in this election, I've found a new hobby to accompany it- politics. As of right now, I'm going to be voting for Trump. What do you guys think?

I'm open to being told my views are those of an ignorant ass, haha.

Let the shitshow commence!

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 12:33 Quote
The president can't wave his wand and make something happen. Congress has far more authority in all reality. All of these candidates can promise things all they want, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Look at our current president for proof.

This election I will base my vote on one thing, and one thing only; Something the president truely has the power to change the course of the nation on. That thing is who they will pack the Supreme Court with. Many justices are up in age and the presidential picks for replacement will likely last decades to come. I want a president who will pick judges for the correct reasons.

All that said, I kept this thread locked down so that political rants don't go out of control and things stay largely on topic (and to keep anti-gunners from spewing BS at us at will).

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 12:39 Quote
Interesting. Thanks for the reply! Will keep it guns-only from here on out tup

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 15:11 Quote
That ain't good...

I like your approach to choosing a candidate, by the way. Very pragmatic.

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 23:05 Quote
You just had to jinx it.

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 9:14 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ce/ce4bdc3c09b968c2bddfd90d389a8061d1dea3f2c09b1c080bdff349df451916.jpg

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 9:18 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
BBLB posted this

[P=13163372 size=m align=c][/P]

Happy Valentines Day
FYP

Anywho, I would totally be into ACOGs but they allegedly have a passage from the bible printed on every unit, and I'm not into that.

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 9:36 Quote
seraph wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
BBLB posted this

[P=13163372 size=m align=c][/P]

Happy Valentines Day
FYP

Anywho, I would totally be into ACOGs but they allegedly have a passage from the bible printed on every unit, and I'm not into that.

Makes no difference to me. If you are religious then cool, if you aren't religious, then who cares? To each their own though. It's a killer piece of gear regardless.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015325
Mobile Version of Website