The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 14:21 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Ready for 3 gun!

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee147/KyleCrangle/20160423_113527_zps4d2k1l7j.jpg

Braaap!

Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 15:29 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Ready for 3 gun!

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee147/KyleCrangle/20160423_113527_zps4d2k1l7j.jpg
Nice setup!

Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 20:45 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Ready for 3 gun!

Looks solid! tup

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 19:31 Quote
Thanks guys! I'm pretty confident in the setup, everything besides the optic, and I need to get some more rounds down the pipe on the AR to make sure it cycles right. But I think it'll be a good starting point!

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 5:49 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Thanks guys! I'm pretty confident in the setup, everything besides the optic, and I need to get some more rounds down the pipe on the AR to make sure it cycles right. But I think it'll be a good starting point!

That optic will do you just fine. If you made a career out of that rifle being the line between life and death sure I'd get the most durable, pricey piece available. For competition it wont hold you back.

Those practice rounds and being comfy with it are what will buy you places at the competition.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 20:41 Quote
Good looking set up man!

Good luck in your 3 gun comp.
Throw those rounds down range...
Consistency = accuracy
Find your niche and stick to it.

Let us know how you do.

When is the competition?

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 20:54 Quote
Still time to vote for me! Please?
Any and all votes are appreciated!

http://swfa.com/ContestViewCustomer.aspx?entry=1498

Cheers!

JoStig

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 21:19 Quote
jdsusmc wrote:
Good looking set up man!

Good luck in your 3 gun comp.
Throw those rounds down range...
Consistency = accuracy
Find your niche and stick to it.

Let us know how you do.

When is the competition?

Well, I was going to try to shoot in a match this past Sunday, but my buddy bailed and i didn't feel like going alone. So I'll have to check the calendar for the next one.

I feel really confident in my pistol, I draw quick and smooth, shoot accurately, and can change mags efficiently. Have done a lot of draw training and trigger control practice.

I'm plenty comfortable in my shotgun shooting, only worry is reloading, I don't have shell carriers, and I'm not too fast with shoving shells in.

I'm most worried about my rifle portion. I have very little experience shooting out past 50yds, gun is only sited for 50yds, and I had a few ftf and fte with the gun last time out. So I really need to get that all sorted out first. Just need more time behind the trigger honing this weapon in. Ive only had 30rds through it yet.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 21:26 Quote
What make is your AR? Piston or DI?

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 22:30 Quote
It's definitely DI. No way a piston gas block would fit under that hand guard.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 5:35 Quote
So, I went for a test drive in a BMW 118i today. While I was out driving I stopped by a local gun smith and left the barrel from my Sauer there to be threaded so that I can use my suppressor on it.
Oh, and before I even managed to get back home, the sales guy at BMW called back and said I was approved for the lease on a 118i M-Sport, I will go back and sign the papers tomorrow. Things are good...

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 5:44 Quote
chaserider wrote:
So, I went for a test drive in a BMW 118i today. While I was out driving I stopped by a local gun smith and left the barrel from my Sauer there to be threaded so that I can use my suppressor on it.
Oh, and before I even managed to get back home, the sales guy at BMW called back and said I was approved for the lease on a 118i M-Sport, I will go back and sign the papers tomorrow. Things are good...
Nice dude!!
Wanted to go sight in my 770 this weekend with some guys from the bike shop since I finally got ammo, but other things for ski team and school got in the way and weather looks shitty anyways. Have to wait till schools out I guess.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 5:55 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
chaserider wrote:
Nice dude!!
Wanted to go sight in my 770 this weekend with some guys from the bike shop since I finally got ammo, but other things for ski team and school got in the way and weather looks shitty anyways. Have to wait till schools out I guess.

Thanks!

What ammo did you score? It was a .308 winchester, right?

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 6:18 Quote
chaserider wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
chaserider wrote:
Nice dude!!

Thanks!

What ammo did you score? It was a .308 winchester, right?
Sure is. Got some cheaper Federal Power Shok. Only thing is I can't figure and forgot to ask what grain it is, as the site has both 180gr and 150gr for it.
Seems not too bad for .308, albeit pretty slow, only 2570 fps at the muzzle.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 6:21 Quote
chaserider wrote:

Congrats! I miss my ex-gf's 325i, it was a fun car. The 1 series's have dual clutch trannies?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012780
Mobile Version of Website