The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 20:21 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Local gun shop has a P226 Mk25 for $800... not sure I have the will power to resist this.

Doooooo eeeeeeeet

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 20:23 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Local gun shop has a P226 Mk25 for $800... not sure I have the will power to resist this.

Yea, that's on my list too lol

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 1:48 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
photo

ZenkiS14 wrote:
You guys do realize that that little mini-barrel SBR is a 9mm, right? Thats a small frame glock receiver from QC10.

Mine isn't much different.

Can I ask, and I mean no offense by this, what the advantage of this is vs a nice 9mm pistol? I get that this has a butt stock, but you can put those on pistols too.

I guess I fee like if you are going to use a chassis for a rifle sized cartridge it makes sense to take advantage of that. Something like a 300 Blackout would make more sense to me.

This looks more like a lose / lose of a big gun shooting a mediocre cartridge.

Well you cant put a stock on a pistol, that makes it an illegal weapon without registration.

Also, legally, you cant shoulder any of the other "devices" they make for pistols, and they are too short for it to be comfortable.

And the SBR status is rad, stamp collecting is fun, I have 3 now.

Think of the MP5K, personal defense sub machine gun. That's what the goal of 9mm AR's are, just more affordable.

Actually the Shockwave pistol brace is adjustable for length of pull. I have mine extended to a normal length and it's quite comfortable on my shoulder...I mean, I don't shoulder it. Of course not.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 4:40 Quote
Right lol Because if you take it to a public range, they will throw your ass out for that shit.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 9:49 Quote
Innawoods... innadesert. The only places I'll take my rifles.

Pistol range near my house is nice. Just need a pistol first hahaha

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 10:30 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Right lol Because if you take it to a public range, they will throw your ass out for that shit.

Fearmongering. There's no reason for them to get pissed, unless someone is a squealer.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
TFreeman wrote:
The reciever set alone is stupid expensive

Are there any cheap receiver sets available?

Nope. Aero isn't bad Fulton armory titan sets aren't bad and saltworks out of Texas has strong prices

There are more obviously but that's what I found that wasn't absurd and were in stock.

It's just an SR25/AR10 receiver set, ain't it?

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
cougar797 wrote:
TFreeman wrote:

Nope. Aero isn't bad Fulton armory titan sets aren't bad and saltworks out of Texas has strong prices

There are more obviously but that's what I found that wasn't absurd and were in stock.

Yeah, but they can still be quite pricey

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
That's true, especially compared to an AR15. Even with 80% lowers, .308 stuff is like 50% more expensive. Gotta pay to play with the bigger caliber I guess!

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 13:52 Quote
That's true, especially compared to an AR15. Even with 80% lowers, .308 stuff is like 50% more expensive. Gotta pay to play with the bigger caliber I guess!
Speaking of .308....
I'm still waiting for my goddamn upper... almost four months now.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 13:53 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Speaking of .308....

They should give you like 20% off for a wait like that

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 13:57 Quote
TFreeman wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Speaking of .308....

They should give you like 20% off for a wait like that
Talked to them Thursday and told them if it's not ready Monday I expect a significant discount or a free case of ammo or something.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 15:35 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
TFreeman wrote:

Got to be careful too. Ar10 and lr308 plus others are all diff patterns.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 16:34 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
cougar797 wrote:

I know. Wink Armalite has a 45° angle below the buffer tube, DPMS and most all of the rest have a curved radius junction below the buffer tube. And of course parts compatibility or lack thereof between the patterns.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 19:10 Quote
cougar797 wrote:

I know. Wink Armalite has a 45° angle below the buffer tube, DPMS and most all of the rest have a curved radius junction below the buffer tube. And of course parts compatibility or lack thereof between the patterns.

Yeah, you should almost get a receiver set and handguard from the same manufacturer with an ar10, just to ensure good fit and function

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014009
Mobile Version of Website