The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
That seems to be a stripped upper.. No bcg, nothing.

Let's see the conversion anyways.

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 15:35 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:

I'm aware it's a stripped upper. Like I said I wasn't talking about the BCG in terms of price.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/ODk4QTJCMzJBNzcyNEI0NEZGNkY6NjM1MzI4MDE1NmEzZmJiOWUzOWUwZTVhMmUwMGY4ZDA6Ojo6OjA=
The company is DevilDog Concepts. I'm thinking about getting one for my bench gun.

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 16:09 Quote
Well instead of replacing your upper, just getting another one, with the charging handle upper and the bcg, an upper and a bcg for 240 really isn't that bad, most quality bcg's are 100-120 bucks. For the cool factor of the side charging handle that's pretty good.

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 18:13 Quote
seraph wrote:
therealtylerdurden wrote:

I'm aware it's a stripped upper. Like I said I wasn't talking about the BCG in terms of price.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/ODk4QTJCMzJBNzcyNEI0NEZGNkY6NjM1MzI4MDE1NmEzZmJiOWUzOWUwZTVhMmUwMGY4ZDA6Ojo6OjA=
The company is DevilDog Concepts. I'm thinking about getting one for my bench gun.

I got to agree that's actually kind of cool

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 20:48 Quote
That is pretty damn cool.. But $150? Ouch.

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 22:50 Quote
What's the point? Seems like a perfect example of looking for a problem that doesn't exist to charge for a solution that isn't needed.

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 23:59 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
What's the point? Seems like a perfect example of looking for a problem that doesn't exist to charge for a solution that isn't needed.

If you want a side charger but don't want to either build a new one or take apart your existing upper to accommodate one. Seems pretty self-explanatory.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 0:14 Quote
seraph wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

If you want a side charger but don't want to either build a new one or take apart your existing upper to accommodate one. Seems pretty self-explanatory.
The effect of the mod is self explanatory, but like I said, what's the point? This is just a "look at me guys, my AR is different" mod...

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 0:18 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
seraph wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

The effect of the mod is self explanatory, but like I said, what's the point? This is just a "look at me guys, my AR is different" mod...

Same point as having a side-charging upper. IMO side chargers are easier to rack when shooting from a bench or prone. Don't have to lose your cheek weld to rack the bolt.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 3:58 Quote
seraph wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
seraph wrote:

Same point as having a side-charging upper. IMO side chargers are easier to rack when shooting from a bench or prone. Don't have to lose your cheek weld to rack the bolt.

They are easier for prone shooting, especially with optics, biggest fault of the current weapon is you can't do weapons manipulations without breaking your cheek weld, but thenot again you should be looking at the bolt and assessing the problem.

I'd get one for funsies if I had that money.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 4:47 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
seraph wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Quit ruining the fun with your logic! But no seriously I was doing some single round mags in new handloads in mine the other day and let the first batch in easyish with the handle. Side charge would have been way handy.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
So I went and shot another Field shooting competition.
My previous comp did not go too well and I finished last, so I had a need for some reconciliation. In this form of competition all targets are set at an unknown distance. You have 2 minutes to "mil" the target and get ready. No electronic devices are allowed. Only your reticle and dope cards. 6 shots at each station.

This time things worked out better, and I managed 29/30 hits with the furthest target of the competition set at 640 meters, that target measured 55x100cm. The competition is fierce in the group of shooters with scoped rifles. So I eventually finished in the fifth position overall. Where the top three all shot 30/30.

Im happy, in fact, very happy, and my Remington 700 chambered in 6,5x47 Lapua performs great.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 10:57 Quote
chaserider wrote:
So I went and shot another Field shooting competition.
My previous comp did not go too well and I finished last, so I had a need for some reconciliation. In this form of competition all targets are set at an unknown distance. You have 2 minutes to "mil" the target and get ready. No electronic devices are allowed. Only your reticle and dope cards. 6 shots at each station.

This time things worked out better, and I managed 29/30 hits with the furthest target set at 640 meters, with the target measuring 55x100cm. The competition is fierce in the group of shooters with scoped rifles. So I eventually finished in the fifth position overall. Where the top three all shot 30/30.

Im happy, in fact, very happy, and my Remington 700 chambered in 6,5x47 Lapua performs great.

That is bad ass. They have similar "tactical rifle" comps here in the US. I have been wanting to shoot one bad. There is one place near me that puts on a 10 minute pop up silhouette course that features moving targets, all targets are numbered (aka can only shoot you number) and they only allow rang finders.

29/30 is getting the business on for sure on that kind of shooting.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 11:08 Quote
cougar797 wrote:

That is bad ass. They have similar "tactical rifle" comps here in the US. I have been wanting to shoot one bad. There is one place near me that puts on a 10 minute pop up silhouette course that features moving targets, all targets are numbered (aka can only shoot you number) and they only allow rang finders.

Thanks! Yeah, I was in the zone and things worked out pretty well. "Tactical rifle" sounds like fun, although I have never shot a moving target past 80 meters. It would be a challenge for sure to figure out the lead.

On top of everything 640 meters is the furthest ive shot in two years, so putting 5/6 on that target, will continue to put a smile on my face for a while.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 11:15 Quote
chaserider wrote:
cougar797 wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, I was in the zone and things worked out pretty well. "Tactical rifle" sounds like fun, although I have never shot a moving target past 80 meters. It would be a challenge for sure to figure out the lead.

On top of everything 640 meters is the furthest ive shot in two years, so putting 5/6 on that target, will continue to put a smile on my face for a while.

Well I mean "tactical rifle" sounds like what you are doing. They just call it that to make it sound cool. It really could be called "practical rifle" and make more sense.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013346
Mobile Version of Website