Intense SOCOM- only pure DH ?

PB Forum :: Other
Intense SOCOM- only pure DH ?
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 18:20 Quote
louiffe wrote:
The Socom is SO underated about his freeride capability.

what do you mean?

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 18:27 Quote
This bike can handle so much more than what people think. Just because it's righ FRO on the frame, people think that the bike is meant to be riding only on DH course for a year or two and then send it to trash.

We obviously don't have any proof about how many time the bike will last but I solve many problems with that frame. I sold the Socom FRO to quite few people who are doing amazing freeride on and never break anything yet.

I just find funny that plenty of people recommend the Spec SX trail for downhill (in many other thread) and the same people are afraid about the Socom FRO!

In brief, my point is, this frame can handle way more than what you expect. simply

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 3:34 Quote
louiffe wrote:
This bike can handle so much more than what people think. Just because it's righ FRO on the frame, people think that the bike is meant to be riding only on DH course for a year or two and then send it to trash.

We obviously don't have any proof about how many time the bike will last but I solve many problems with that frame. I sold the Socom FRO to quite few people who are doing amazing freeride on and never break anything yet.

I just find funny that plenty of people recommend the Spec SX trail for downhill (in many other thread) and the same people are afraid about the Socom FRO!

In brief, my point is, this frame can handle way more than what you expect. simply

I agree. I've smashed the shit outta mine like I did my trek session 7 before and it's taken the abuse just as well. Plus the new intense MTX D.J bike looks like it's welded and put together exactly the same as the socom. The MTX is obviously built for strength so why wouldnt the socom be? But I could be totally wrong about intense's manufacturing methods here??

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 5:04 Quote
that is bullshit. They don't break after 2-3 seasons

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 5:07 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:

thanks god, at least they are few peoples who still have common sense Wink

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 5:10 Quote
haha it really is common sense.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 7:17 Quote
i have an uzzi setup for dh and it rides really well even with an 8" fork. i've ridden this on xc rides and killed some tech climbs (with a lot of effort, but it vpp works so well for traction.)

photo

i'm selling it and building a socom for more strictly racing, but will still send it!
if you're looking to do more trail riding and like a riding dh too, deffinetly go for the uzzi.the socom is a bit more strict.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 7:19 Quote
I have a firend that rides a socom fer freeride and dh i think its a really well roundes bije fer both

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:24 Quote
how much is the socom frame???

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:31 Quote
lets see a pic of the socom?

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:35 Quote
The Socom has been out for such a short time and people are speculating up the wazoo. A high end downhill racer that rides frequently puts sooo much abuse and stress on a frame. Just watch folks, give it another year or two and THEN we'll see who's right about the frames being for race only.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:39 Quote
c'mon get some pics of a socom!!!!

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 20:03 Quote
louiffe wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

thanks god, at least they are few peoples who still have common sense Wink

EXACTLY.
how can you say that a Socom will break, crack, or screw up after 2-3 seasons
if it hasnt even been released for 2-3 seasons yet?????

The Socom has been out for nearly a year. No one can say it will break after 2-3 seasons because they have no evidence to support that.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 20:12 Quote
bighucker1 wrote:
c'mon get some pics of a socom!!!!

Here are a couple of pics for you:

Stock Socom off Intense's site:
photo

Pinkbike username gtbiker22's Socom:
photo

gtbiker22- i hope you do not mind that i used your picture. if you do not want it on there, please let me know and i will take it off immediately. Thank you.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 20:18 Quote
Well, it's called the Intense SOCOM FRO (For Racing Only) sooo...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019613
Mobile Version of Website