How to paint your pedals, so they won't wear out! Or any other part ( Guide )

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How to paint your pedals, so they won't wear out! Or any other part ( Guide )
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 2, 2010 at 16:11 Quote
This will show you how to paint your pedals so they won't wear out with normal use. This will also work with any other part. Of course if u drag ur bike across the side walk it will scratch, just like brand new pedals.

Things needed: Rust Oleum crystal clear enamel, and Rust Oleum high performance enamel spray. ( this may come out a little expansive, so i recommand buying it, if u have to paint more stuff like i did. ( Rims and the pedals )

Now prepare the pedals to get sprayed. First take out all the pins. Then wash the pedals and try to take all the dirt out. After ur done with that, tape the ends of the pedals, where the pedals are going to be screwed into the crank arms.

Take a string, and tie it to the end that you just taped. And then tie it to the ceiling. Do that for both of the pedals.

Put some old news papers or whatever u have under the pedals, in case it drips.

Now you are ready to paint! Shake the can of the spray paint for few secs, and start spraying. Don't do heavy coats!! Do few light coats! First coat shouldn't show off the right color yet, so don't worry about it. Spray another coat after 10-15 mins. Do the total of 3 coats.

When ur done spraying, leave the pedals to dry for at least few hours. I recommand painting right before you go to sleep, so it has time to dry and you can put the clear coat in the morning.

Now when the pedals are completely dry, put a light coat of clear coat over it. Same steps as the paint. Do the total of 3 coats.

Now wait about 2 hours for the pedals to dry. After they are dry, they should look like these:

Screw the pins in, and ur ready to put them on ur bike!

BEFORE:

AFTER ( Few days of use.)

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 19:24 Quote
I guess this was unnecessary

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 21:13 Quote
looks good man. how do they hold up to rub

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 6:09 Quote
I was riding with them for few days now, and just like normal pedals. No sign of wearing out yet, just a couple of scratches but that's normal if u ride heh.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.023354
Mobile Version of Website