Video: Yannick Granieri’s Recovery Part 1

Aug 9, 2013 at 0:00
Aug 9, 2013
by Rasoulution Communication Agency

For six long months the French freeride pro Yannick Granieri was out of the game after a serious knee injury. However, the Polygon-athlete was far from sitting idly aside during his recovery: Besides his intensive rehabilitation program, Yannick found enough time to build his own training compound at his home in the South France. In this first of two video parts of “Recovery Road”, Yannick looks back on 2012 and his recovery:

About the video production
Thibaut Grevet, an old friend of Yannick’s, has accompanied the freeride pro over the past few months: "It was so pleasant to work with Yannick. We've known each other for six years and this makes it much easier I guess. It was important for me to shed light on Yannick Granieri as the person he is behind the athlete mask. If I had to describe Yannick in three words: talented, different, passionate!"

These guys are modern-day gladiators.
 I was thinking the same thing while watching the video. They are not just talented, they train hard as fuck to be where they are.
 It is unbelievable how strong and passionated this guy is, riding with a broken ACL and then crashing again I feel him, I broke my ACL 6 weeks ago and no way i could ride not even for a minute, had my ACL surgery this morning and long way to recover. Yannick is a great rider and big inspiration.
 Unfortunately recovery and rehab are part of this sport.... if you havnt been there before, there is a very good chance you will spend some time doing it. It happends to most of us at some point and it happends at all levels...
 I hurt my knee for 2 weeks ago and i still have pain every day, but you just got to keep training even if it hurts during recovery because it will get better! Keep fighting Yannick
 Coming from ACL and Meniscus transplant surgery, recovery is just the worst thing, I feel for this guy, but it looks like he is a lot further ahead in recovery than i am!! What a hero!
 Did you need surgery?
If not how bad was it.
My pcl was questionable. Got it fixed 1.5 years after the accident.
Just started riding last month (without doctor's permission).
Hopefully you have a full recovery!
 I could not wait that long, i have no acl in my knee and it just popped out. Its been almost 2 weeks and 1 more am ima start riding again.
 Injuries suck- so stoked that Yannick is pretty much back- his 360s are like no one else's.