Chainsaw Productions Releases Shaun Palmer ‘The Miserable Champion’ on DVD

Aug 14, 2012 at 0:07
Aug 14, 2012
by Tyler Maine

Chainsaw Productions releases the greatest action sports documentary on DVD. The Miserable Champion is a shocking portrait of one of the most notorious athletes of all-time, action sports' hero Shaun Palmer. 7 Sports, 7 Times World Champion, 6 X-Games Gold, 38 Elite Victories, 117 Tour Podiums and ESPY 2006 "Action Sports Athlete of the Year". USA Today asks the question “Is This The World's Greatest Athlete?”

Featuring: Shaun Palmer, Steve Caballero, Bob Klein, Terry Kidwell, Sam Hill, Jake Burton, Tom Sims, Rob Roskopp, Danny Kass, Steve Peat and many more.

Winner of X-Dance 2012 Action Sports Film Festal ‘Best Biography’

Sponsored by Specialized, Deity, Pinkbike, Vans, Dirt Magazine, Contour, Onboard Magazine and Frequency Snowboarders Journal.

Order the DVD direct here.*

More information on Shaun Palmer ‘The Miserable Champion’ at:
The Miserable Champion
Chainsaw Productions

Brad Holmes formed Chainsaw Productions in 2001 in Lake Tahoe, California. Over the years Chainsaw Productions has produced many significant projects. Our production credits include, The People VS Brad Holmes, Stars, Skis and Hucks, The Standard Snowboard Show on FUEL TV and "Shaun Palmer" The Miserable Champion.

*DVDs begin shipping on August 20th, 2012

DVD cover art for upcoming DVD.

Palmer... haven't heard that name in years. When I was a wee teen in the late 90's I actually submitted a video to some MTV show where you got to meet your favorite celeb or athlete. This was back when Palmer was all over the place and everyone wanted a piece of him, but now as an adult that see's the world a little differently, I'd just shake the mans hand and thank him for his contribution to MTB over the years. Case closed.
 Downhill racing is still awesome of course, but for me the best/most memorable times was when Palmer, Peat, Vouilloz, Warner (haha) Missy etc were racing. I will never forget how awesome it was when Palmer won and wore the famous gold lame suit!
 Palmer and the Missile were my idols when I was young. At least Palmer never got busted for smuggling dope!
 That Piranha she wore around her neck was awesome! "Thing jumped out of the tank when I was in college. Sat on the window sill all summer. It was still there in the fall. Took a hole punch. Made it a necklace". Shame she went down the road she did. Would probably still get some good results.
 ^^Would be cool if the internet would let others mistakes lay at rest, move on already, I am sure they are trying to as well. The last thing I want to hear is what you think about Miles or Missys encounters with johnny law.

Saw Missy ripping at Snowshoe, WV this past weekend still on her Foes from 1996. Most inspiring thing I've seen in years.
 Missy was ripping at Snowshoe WV last weekend...with only a back brake and no chain! She's larger than life and is an amazing person, she should be remembered for that. Selling weed isn't wrong, its only non-taxable. Oh Canada.
 Well it's the truth. Last thing I want to hear is what you think about the truth...You must have weed for sale haha
 This actually looks like a movie I'm going to buy.
 One of my friends was a snowboarder and talked about Palmer all the time, so I knew the name. I'd look at the DH results in bike magazines and would always go,"The top american is Shaun Palmer? Must be another Shaun Palmer". When I found out it WAS him, I gained a ton of respect for him. He was beating people that raced bikes for a living. Seemed like he trained about 12 minutes a week (practice and qualifying). He was punk rock. Slightly damaged. Could throw down a run. Imagine if this guy trained and grow up a cyclist, would probably have won the tour de france cuz,"I didn't have any mtb races in July".. That's how that dude thinks....
 Shaun palmer is a legend in most sports in which he has compemted, palmer up!
 Palmer was my idol when I younger (early 90's) but mostly because of snowboarding. DH biking, MX, skiing, and snowboarding are my favorite sports and there is no more well rounded athlete in all of them than Shaun. I saw him at Sea Otter wanted to say what's up, but I didn't, should of but..
 Mr Palmer if you read this Im sure im not the only person who would like to see ya race at next years Sea Otter Classic......give it some thought.
 Palmer, Lyons, Hall, even Metzger. Those guys werethe shit in the 90s. Man I grew up watching Palmer ride. chainsmoke 1 lol. I use to think that was awesome lol. vbrakes peeps lol. Oh the sport has come far. Palmer killed it but partied a lil to hard I guess. Still hes rad as fuck though.
 Since everyone is sharing a "Palmer" moment; I worked at TLD in the late 90s when I was in high school and Palmer was in all the time. That was an amazing time for MTB. He was a riot. Palmer, Vories, and Lopes rode a lot together and just destroyed the trails. I did not know then quite the magnitude of rider that I got to ride with at the time. Also, the style of the gold suit was better then skinny jeans of today!
 I'm too young to be around for when palmer had his reign (well was around just too young and not into mtb yet), what exactly makes Palmer a "miserable" champion? and why dont we see him featured on anything today? I seriously need a history lesson on mountain biking
 Hopefully the video shows it, but he never seemed happy or satisfied with his results. His interviews after a win were "Yeah, I guess I won". Like he just buried his favorite dog or something. I remember watching him win a snowboard event and slamming his competition for being "weak". He seemed like the guy you'd read about, shortly after his retirement, being found dead in a shady hotel somewhere. I'm glad that's not the case.

If I remember right, his friend Randy Lawrence lived down the street, he's now a big time trainer for motocross and mtb racers. Palmer had to do a snowboard photo shoot in Europe and ended up meeting up with Randy, who was racing the World Cup DH series, Palmer thought,"I can do this". His second EVER DH race he finished 7th. A World Cup race no less. Think it was even Randy's spare bike. Never trained for it. They drove through Europe in a beat up old van. No mechanics. Unsponsored. Think he was looking for something he was good at to do in the summer. May have been one of the first guys to wear baggy shorts in competition. The next year he won the NORBA DH title (the USA's old national series). He's 42 now, but he was superfast at one time. I'm pretty sure he could still get a good result at a non-pedalling track, I'm sure he's not trained haha. I think he flatted at the World Championships, but was up by a few seconds prior to that. Not bad for a snowboarder...
 he sounds awesome! all that came to mind for me for riding in the 80's to 90's was lycra and no helmets
 Cam Zink on Palmer; "The nicest Guy you will ever meet. He would give you the shirt off his back, he's just that kind of person". (I had a chance to catch up with Cam at The Colorado Freeride Fest and ask him about "The Palm".)
 Hell yeah! I was wondering how this was going. Looking forward to getting my copy from the Kickstarter efforts. Hope I don't have to wait too long beyond Aug 20th for it.
 Palmer is the eternal poster child for extreme sports. Snow or dirt it doesn't matter. He'll be throwing down on mars once we start living there!
 PALM....YOU ARE MY HERO!!! YOU INSPIRE ME BEYOND WORDS!!!!!!!! Is he the worlds greatest athlete of all time??...HELLs YES!!!!
 I NEED THIS DVD!! what a legend!
 you should get a copy of this movie if you buy a 40 of crown royal. in a perfect world.
 Want want want, but what the hell was that bit where he was crying!? That is a side of him you don't see..
 I have the same bike that Shaun Palmer won his world cup on.

www.pinkbike.com/photo/4101581
 most respect for this man. shaun palmer the true living ledgend
 Palmer was the man for decades and the epitome of old school no one can beat me American attitude!
 Sick! Can't wait to get it!
 NAPALM is a ledgend everybody on this site should get this DVD in Respect to a FOOOOOOKING HERO.
 Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby I'm sure this is going to kill it! GO SHAUN!
 iTunes release?
 Anyone... Anyone...? iTunes??
 This is going to be sick!
 FUCK YEAH! AGENT ORANGE!
 one word .......... LEGEND!
 Should be good
 Props if you have no idea what anyone is reminiscing about.
 SORRy! got hacked by some dick!!!!! I love shaun palmer!!!