Video: DH Manara - Eldad Paturi (Israel)

Apr 13, 2013 at 0:01
Apr 13, 2013
by Sahar Kaminsky

In recent years, the Downhill community is struggling to stay alive. The Israeli organization KKL is destroying and exterminating new cycling tracks on a daily basis. Our community is very small, so we have to cope with mounting difficulties.

We are doing our best to keep on organizing competitions and events through out the year with the aid of certain people, and create new and well known cycling tracks. I would like to publish this video clip so that Downhill communities around the world may be able to see that even in our small country there is a vibrant Downhill community, and that we share the love for this sport, just as much as others do.

We keep on struggling for our cause, hoping for the situation to improve, after all, we never stop riding and sharing our love for the sport.

Filmmaker and Editor: Sahar Kaminsky

Had no idea Israel could be that green. Beautiful area and great riding!
 Actually, there are many mountains and forests, they are just not always so big. and there's a big desert, with barely construction in it.
 As I did geology/archaeology research in Israel, I am glad to see that the mountains are used for DH and hope it will stay that way!
 *cough* Palestine *cough*
 The promise land looks very promising.
 Bullitproof keep your Fing mouth shut man
 Imagine the trails you could build with machinery like this at your fingertips: occupiedpalestine.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/caterpillard9bulldozer.jpg?w=588
 jivehoneyjive its too wide, i think we need to buy something smaller...
 thats what she said.
 its great eh?
 Israel are gettin more and more on the map for dh
 not just for DH.
 @jivehoneyjive

THIS IS A BIKING SITE - AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DH . . . .
 @ jivehoneyjive

Tomorrow is the day of Israel's Independence
So eat your heart out
 NO NEED TO SHOUT!!

Yep, this is a biking site and I love nothing more than to ride sweet terrain in great weather, I'm sure I'd have plenty of fun and laughs with riders in Israel, but there would always be a nagging doubt in my heart that I'd be supporting a system of apartheid...

I know it's nobodies fault where they are born, but I find Israel's continued policies of occupation and the ongoing extension of the barrier sufficiently disgusting to speak out.

I suggest a quick watch of this to put things in perspective: vimeo.com/6946769

Happy trails
 I wonder why any Arab country (there are many) do not really want the Palestinians .....
Maybe because they do not want their terrorism??
 Does throwing stones at a bulldozer that has destroyed your house count as terrorism?

d3e11nsse60sj1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bulldozer.jpg
 jivehoneyjive

what about this photo?
images1.ynet.co.il/PicServer3/2013/03/14/4516167/2_wa.jpg

3 year old girl almost died because the Palestinians throw rocks at a car and the car hitted the car with the 3 year old girl in it.
the girl is still fighting for her life..

i bet you that you didn't hear about this stroy and hundreds more like this.
 That is terrible, however if your country was turned into a prison, wouldn't you be a bit defiant?

imeu.net/engine2/uploads/3/checkpoint.jpg
 If the Palestinians were to behave like that in a different country, they were shot to death!
We just built a fence to prevent them from doing terrorism
We offered them peace
they did not want
We provide them with food and electricity and free food
They shoot at us.
What other country would agree to such a thing?
 Saruti, are you a lady goose or a proper gander?
 Same shit I hear from every single Israeli, we tried to help them we tried to keep peace they are terrorists were not.....you're as delusional as you're ancestors. Apartheid is happening in Israel, most of the world knows it, your people deny it though to this day, what is it with scum like you seriously? its like the Nazis f*cked the heads of Israelis so much along with the help of the US that you all now believe you are doing good?!? give me a break It's a little hypocritical to me you got your land back with the help of the US who isnt really willing to give their own lands back to the Natives they ruthlessly took it from. Israel and the US the most hated countries in the world, that happens for a reason. PS the only reason I hate on you as I should is because you are the perfect example of why corrupt systems like apartheid happen, because you are so f*ckin clueless or just have no humanity left in you that you rather view the world through the lens of you're ancestors still versus what you animals are doing today.
 Again, WHY ALL THE f*ckING POLICICS ON A MOUNTAIN BIKING WEBSITE!!! I come here to escape from all the crap that goes on in the world and what do I find?

And Israel- no need to get all nationalistic. Ya'll aren't the only oppressed people out there.
 Please, friends lets keep it simple and ride, don't try to understand the conflict as it is soooooooooooooooooooooo dam complicated, I live here for almost 36 years and have learned that it is worth loving all people that show respect to others and love life, doesn't meter which side your on, or in. I love this land, love nature, love people who like living their lives and feel sorry for all the ones who got it more difficult. If you want to try and only begin to understand the conflict come live here for a few years and only than you might be able to do so and possibly learn that there is really very little you can do except living your life and enjoy it, but if you are interested in riding in a gorges place, which has lots of special changing landscapes and trails, grate weather all year around, excellent food, easy and quick to get by from one place to another cause its a tiny piece of land ( 6 hours in a car from north border to the south and less then 2 hours west to east) and above it all great people all over you are more then welcome to do so. I personally know of many people that where fed stories by the Media for so long who came here and found things are far difernt from what they seem to be and that the riding is so unbelievably awesome. feel free to contact me and lots of others on this site for guidance when you decide to get here. ride on!
 @ saruti: PLEEEEAAAASE stop ur stupid talking, ride ur bike and think about the Jews History... based on lies.. from the earliest beginning until now!
 Dear BorderlineR - It is worth being respectful to others and just love life. I don't know you or how much knowledge you have regarding the conflict but try to keep an open mind, leaders of people on both sides could do much better, for sure, life is not all black and white and there are much more tones of gray in between. Concluding that it is all lies is very narrow minded of you and simply not true. We don't say that all Palestinians are Terrorists,not at all and far from it, but their misfortune as a united group of people is surly one that was offered many solutions over the years and leaders of that group , to this day, are not keeping the interests of the simple people to just live good quality life first but other such as money,power,greed and Exercising strategics of enemy countries that fund them ,I can assure you of that. I hope peace will come soon in our lifetime and that we could live side by side( doesn't have to be as best friends but at list not as enemies) Hatred and wars don't serve any good! if you( and others) want a small piece of history lesson watch www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ByJb7QQ9U If you wish to just ride unbelievably awesome trails in Israel leaving politics aside feel free to contact me and lots of others on this site.
 Hey Blue-Bike,

please let me say at first, i feel connected with you.
I hear your hearts voice.

So, i wanna explain my situation in this case.

The 1st thing to me was sarutis first comment.. what is "So eat your heart out" ? Is it respectful?
The 2nd thing to me in his/her first comment was his/her haughtiness while talking about Israel's Independence Day.

With the following words from him/her, a picture of a ligthly racial person has formed, who is just babbling words and word orders, he has picked up anywhere and even don't thought and felt in or about or with it.

But... my interference voltage peak was highly reached thru an inobservance by just reading "Palestinians..shot to death" from him/her...and so..i wrote the comment! Because World-History... we have enough to look at from a lot of angles

So, should i say sorry for the "stupid" in my comment or will he/she understand his/her talking by her/himself?

And... hope u are as fast on the line as making conclusions, because i never said, what u call my conclusion.
So..what did i mean?? For sure is it no lie, if people die

>At last a rhetoric question.. saruti Smile Are you WE? Who is WE? What did YOU? WHO are YOU? ..really know that?

6 1

For sure i'll come for a ride.. so ride on Wink
 KKL WILL NEVER STOP US
 What is the KKL?
 it's the worst nightmare for every trail builder\ rider
 its an Israeli fund that is responsible for forests around the country...
 Sounds like the Scottish Forestry Commission, they do the same here! Sick riding in Israel though!
 Will it be possible to work with the KKL to build/maintain offroad bicycle trail networks? I understand the need and desire for independent trailbuilding, but it might go a long way to work with an official body.
 we are traying really hard but they're not intrested to take care of this so called extreme sport...
 @amosmo, it might help to look at the KCTS website. This is a local organization in Rossland,B.C., that has had a lot of success with developing a trail system in our area. The board of directors are all volunteers, mostly riders but not all, and are different ages and backgrounds. My point is that, at 16 years old, a lot of older politically active(KKL) people don't feel that you have anything important or worthwhile to say. So they just don't want to even give you the time of day. If you could persuade a few older members of your community to help talk to the KKL and get your voice at least heard, then in time you may be able to talk to them directly. You might try, also, to get a few of your parents to come out to a trail day. Not so much that they would be digging with you, but get the older folks out there and show them first hand what it is your doing and why it brings happiness to you and your riding friends. You might try to point out that kids/people that ride bikes are positive energy for your community of friends. Anyway hope that helps a bit and keep going.
 Actually the worst nightmare for a trail builder involve Etheur 1:A HUGE flood that washes away all his work, tools and all included
2: a volcano erupts and destroys all his land and burns his house down, his bike being inside the blaze
3( which actually just happened to meFrown ( ) his trail dog gets diagnosed with cancer and must put his best friend (said trail dog) to sleep (I lost my yellow lab he was my whole world and it ruined me I've struggled to work trails since his passing Frown (( )
Or finally 4: the KKL.
I was kidding about the order btw but the trail dog story is indeed true and I have unlimited amounts of respect for you all my Israelite riders out there shout out to all you guys your awsome!!!!
 thanks @naturechild15 for your positive thinking... actually at the moment some older riders are trying to manage something rather similar to what you suggested. we'll wait for the good news to come Smile
 It's little clips like these that can change percptions of people and places pretty well. With all the craziness Isreal contends with, it's great to see such spirit, enthusiasm and normalacy in a screwed part of the world. Great vid guys.
 probably be in a lot better shape if america didnt mess with that whole area
 Please, don't... let's keep this on strictly biking for a change, and continue giving prop to Sahar and Eldad.
 Yes let's heed that advice. Nice video, i too had no idea that Israel was this scenic and beautiful. Keep it coming. Would be good to see a vid were you leave your town/city and drive up to the riding area. Just would like to see the lay of the land.
 I will visit Israel! looks awsome!
 Plenty of awesome riding and varied terrain! Good luck with the construction and legitimization of your trails. It's a shame so few understand our sport.
 wow wasnt expecting that! respect to the israeli brothers! sick edit and riding guys
 Move over in 37 days, will be building as much as I can!! Where is this trail?

Ill be living by the kinneret and good trails up there?
 Manara is about 30 minutes to an hour's drive from the Kinneret to the north and a bit west (depends which side you're on). There are lots of great trails around there and in the Golan and Galil as well as the only other lift access place in Israel (besides Manara) - the Hermon.
 daviebin, Israel is a very small country. 1-2 hours drive brings you to many different terain. and you can ride almost all year long, just don't forget it can get very hot in the summer
 Cheers guys, must of been 10 times in the last 3 years just never with the bike. Looking forward to all year riding well minus a month in the summer.
 We ride all year long. When it gets insanely hot, we ride during the night and its not that bad.
 Awesome video! Sahar is a great bike filmmaker that just keeps getting better and better...
 Was in your country this week and the country sied look realy promissing. Keep building nice tracks.
Btw your vidéo make me want to ride....
Cheers gilles
 Video from Israel on the front page of pinkbike? Cool!!
 One of the best video thet came out from israel!!
 good stuff come and ride in israel we have good coffee :-)
 It appears his bike is his weapon and he was killin it!
 so eldad hope to see u in the uci season get the NEXT RIDER.
 Awesome! might get to that track if i ever get a new bike that can take the hits.
 What's the damper in his Boxxer ? Avalanche ?
 I searched down the whole list of comments for this! Thank you!
 Awsome vid...now Israel's on the map of places i want to DH, looks great!
 YES WE DID IT!!! We made a story in a very religious area of the world and people didnt totally trash the comments with religious idky if racist is the right term here but racist and predjudice crap for once you succeed in being decent human beings hoorray! Good job guys and you kept people from starting political arguments I'm happy to see this its epic!!!
 very nice Eldad
but I still wait for the tires that you owe me .... Smile
 great trail its funny ! the type of terrains looks like Portugal
 haha you're right,,, every time im waching stuff from Portugal it reminds me of IL
 Whaaaaat, a bike community in Israel?! Dope
 great video and riding !!! a lot more great riding in Israel..
 Cool riding, didn't know there's soo much green in Israel.
 Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that guys on demos have there legs really wide apart
 VOD ! respect.
 dat videography
 what does dat videography means ?
 Rockin the bell like a BOSS
 That's a damn nice forest!We only have pines in straight lines here.Great video,a shame it was so short Smile
 Great Clip! Hopefully I can go riding next time I'm in Israel, as long as I can rent a bike.
 Great VOD, looks like a stunning area. Keep up the amazing shooting!
 f*ckin awesome edit!
 Nice vid enjoy seeing DH from Israel, thought that was an Avy on the Boxxer, nice, good luck with the trails hopefully you can work it out, its a challenge everywhere, keep digging in and be nice it will win over in the end.
 Nice job all the way around!
Surrounded by enemies + your version of the sierra club of sorts with 100 year history/deep pockets.
Yal have imba? Get organized n try n work w/em.
 i will be quiet this time.
 Great edit. Nice side of Isreal without the Hamas rockets.
 STFU Rathunter, why have you got to bring your one sided bullshit politics into this. Dick.
 Calm down.Douche.
 "One sided bullshit politics"... assuming you know someone politics based on one sentence, and then calling said presumed politics "bullshit" because perhaps you don't agree with them...hmmmmmmm I wonder who the dick is here.
 OK, I apologize for that outburst. No need for politics on a mtb website, that's all.
 Scenery, riding, the trail and editing are all really sorted! Smile
 Amazing! Keep Ride Hard!!
 great VID!!! seeing the back wheel tracking so low on the ground - makes me happy i have a DEMO !!! S I C K !!!!
 One of the best bid from Israel
 Good video make you want ride a bike, I wish snow is gone during 2 weeks
 RIDE YOUR BIKE AND SHUT THE FUCK UP
 Another kid in PJ's probably faster then me....
 Keep riding and just have fun,LEHAIM Smile ^^
 Awesome ! Keep it up !
 Right on Avalanche dampers in Israel.
 Where in Israel is this?
 North, Near Kiryat Shmona. It's called the Manara cliff, and beside DH there are other atractions there like kayaking in the Jordan river and more...
 Oh cool i stayed at the sea of galilee or how ever you spell it for like a couple weeks a 2 years ago, is it near there?
 half an hour to the north west
 I wonder if all the neg prop'd comments are because someone has something to hide?
 Sweet trail and great riding!!

Is there any Palestinian riders?
 The truth is that riders of all religions in Israel We have Muslim friends and Christian friends who ride with us. We are all friends. The problem is that there are terrorist organizations who want to wipe us off the map. But our Muslim friends do not like the terrorists and prefer they disappear
 YAP, I hope one day there will be peace in the Middle East and we can ride amazing places, like Lebanon, etc.
 Palestine have some epic street riding~ look at the wallride potential!!

mazinx.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/1211649763israeli_wall_kids_soccer.jpg
 Probably not, but there should be plenty of arab riders (all denominations - druze, christian, muslim, etc.); that part of Israel is where a large majority of Israel's approximately 1.2 million arab citizens reside. Mountainous and green.
 birdy nam nam - jaded future