UPDATE - Footage must include SOME Whistler Mountain Bike Park and surrounding area of Whistler but does not have to be entirely filmed in Whistler.
Calling all mountain bike filmmakers capturing the action in and around Whistler! Crankworx Whistler 2012 presents The GoPro Dirt Diaries. Amateur and expert filmmakers are invited to submit a two-minute teaser for a chance to win their entry to compete at a huge live event (a la Deep Summer) for filmmakers on Tuesday, August 14.
The top six filmers will have the chance to showcase their work in front of a huge live audience at the GoPro Dirt Diaries and be judged by a panel of esteemed judges; first place will take home $3,000, second $2,000 and third $1,000 cash, plus the latest GoPro gear for all six filmmakers.
How To Enter:
1. Create and submit a 2-minute teaser of footage captured in the 2012 biking season. Locations must include some footage from Whistler Mountain Bike Park and the Whistler Valley (between Function Junction and Emerald).
2. Submit teaser to pinkbike.com by midnight July 13, 2012. UPLOAD HERE
What Happens Next:
1. A panel of judges will pick the Top 10 teasers to be featured pinkbike.com for peer-voting for the duration of one week starting July 20.
2. On July 30, the Top 6 teasers will be announced and invited to submit a final, 6 minute version of their film by no later than August 10, 2012.
3. The Top 6 finalists will present their final 6 minute film at the GoPro Dirt Diaries event on Tuesday, August 14 at Crankworx Whistler.
Check out the official Dirt Diaries contest page
for all the details!