The 2012 iXS Dirt Masters Festival is going down this week starting Thursday May 17th, wrapping up Sunday May 20th. Pinkbike is going to be there bringing you coverage of Europe's biggest MTB gravity festival. The road to Winterberg Germany starts here.
First task, find the right flight.
Germany is known for their great beer, time to get warmed up before we depart.
Checking in after the long commute. Richie is stoked.
Pascal Haf, the man behind iXS.
Time to get unpacked and get the bike rolling.
Day zero brought rain for the event setup. One way or another we have a fridge full of iXS beer.
Day one is bluebird with a great forecast for the weekend. From the hotel to the event site.
Day one: The iXS Rookies DH cup is already underway.
Rockin' out in the iXS booth.
A sneak peak of the 2012 Red Bull Berg Line slopestlye course. Red Bull Berg Line is a Gold level stop on the 2012 FMB world tour. The course is designed by the Claw so get ready for a good show from some of the world's best athletes. iXS Dirt Masters Schedule
Thursday May 17
• iXS Rookie’s DH Cup practice & race
• SRAM Enduro training & seeding runs
• TSG Cash for Tricks contest
• SKS amateur slopestyle contest
• Red Bull Berg Line (FMB Gold event) slopestyle training
Friday May 18
• SRAM Enduro race
• SKS Pro Slopestyle contest
• Scott 4X training
• iXS German DH practice
• Red Bull Berg Line practice & best trick
Saturday May 19
• Red Bull Berg Line training & contest (qualification runs start at 1pm)
• Scott 4X training & qualifications
• iXS German DH practice & seeding runs
Sunday May 20
• Scott 4X practice & race
• iXS German DH practice & race
Keep it locked on PB for more coverage of the festival.
Photos by Nic Genovese