Life Elevated - A Short Film by Mike Zinger and Nic Genovese

by Nic Genovese

Photo by Mike Zinger

Views: 52,759    Faves: 1,038    Comments: 68

Mitch Chubey, Justin Wyper, Casey Groves, Paul Genovese, Mike Zinger and I were chatting a few weeks prior to Jamie Goldman's contest about doing a film trip in between UDUG and Ranchstyle. Our plan was to all convoy down and do 5 days of shooting, 3 in Green River Utah and 2 in Salt Lake City. We ended up getting crunched on time in Green River, so we didn't have a chance to shoot anything before Ranchstyle. Luckly, we had 2 days on the drive back that we could shoot everything we built. Unfortunately Paul and Casey were both injured from Ranchstyle, but Mitch and Wyper were still healthy and banged out every feature we built. This is what we came up with...

Photo by Nic Genovese

Photo by Nic Genovese

Photo by Nic Genovese

Photo by Mike Zinger

Photo by Mike Zinger
Thanks again to Dallin Brooks for inviting us over for a night session. Its pretty cool that you can build rad jumps in such a small area.

Photo by Mike Zinger

Photo by Mike Zinger

Photo by Mike Zinger

Guns

Shooting Guns in utah
Huge shout out to Nick and Audrey Moore, Nathan Pearson, Taylor and Muggs Judd, and Garrett Evans for being so rad to us in Salt Lake. You guys are awesome.

Photo by Mike Zinger

Morpheus Bikes
Straitline Components

Article, Photography and Video by Mike Zinger and Nic Genovese

The bar spin to lightning strike was pretty epic...
 I would have shit my pants mid jump.
 If they didnt catch that on photo.... deaamnnnn what a waste Razz
 You guys are sick.. keep it up. And don`t drink and shoot.
 Chubey that front flip was wild! Love watching Wypdaddy ride
 That was quite something indeed.
 I agree. Everyone should have a track in their backyard&nevermind what the neighbors think!LOL! Yeah the lightning stike was unreal bro! I actually thought it was the flash from the cameras at first!
 beer always comes in handy for cleaning wounds...
 6:47 - the barspin with lightning!!! SO RAD!!!
 welcome to american
 Yeah and their absurd fixation with guns...pity
 Lol except these guys are canadian
 Well, it seems the absurdness is permeating canadians then...double pity
 Hahahahahahah. mexico has no problems and is a very peacful place. hahahahahahahahah
 Read about "Rapid & furious operation", watch Bowling for Columbine & google "gun trade & drug dealers" & you would see the nature of OUR problems related with this issue man.
 Sorry, it is fast and furious operation. Anyway, forget it. I don't want to engage in a useless argumentation, I just think it is pitiful that a mtbike website depicts teenagers shooting automatic assault weapons. My own personal opinion, that's all. Peace.
 First of all the program was called " fast and furious". I'm quite familiar with it. So your insinuating that without that one botched gun running program that Mexico would be a violence free utopia? You're delusional or an idiot. I'm not going to even bother responding to your reference to that joke called bowling for columbine. If you want someone to blame for the mess that is your country look at yourself and your fellow countrymen.
 For the record those were not automatic weapons. they are the semi auto versions. @ManuelMTB
 @kaijumps...Facts don't really matter when your bashing other peoples freedoms.
 Why is it such a bad thing? Guns have been around for fu**ing ever, children are given guns to fight in wars in certain parts of the world,and your complaing about a couple guys at a range shooting clay discs, get real man, a guns only as dangerous as the person holding it
 nick moore holding a gun.... sounds pretty dangerous to me. ------MMMMERICA!!!!!
 It all makes sense now, ah? My prayers for those in Colorado.
 way to politicize a horrible and tragic event. you should be ashamed of yourself.
 I am not politicizing anything, you retarded @session603. I said I am praying for those affected in Colorado in those apalling events and for those that, like you, keep thinking that been able to buy a semi-auto rifle in wallmart is freedom.
 @manuelMTB. you are a dick for trying to take something this tragic and using it in an "i told you so" manner
 I'm done talking to you. You're oblivious to facts and reality. You can keep talking shit about the US all you want.You live in Mexico.
 You know a dude's hardcore when there is a Prius in the garage, dirt jumps are in the backyard, and Thor is giving props to barspins.
 haha... pretty sure that kid lives in my neck of the woods... not the only person in this area with a sick trail in their backyard... pretty common here only thing that sucks is they are not public.
 I went to the cabelas in salt lake city last summer whilst in utah, it was the coolest shop i have ever been in, i wish england was more like the US just for the guns.
 I' ve love the "going to the gun shop to give some shots", it makes it so athentical to this sport and culture, the cowboys here love that so much... I wish you can buy uzzis and mini-rockets on corner shops here in Portugal too ...
 it elevates life...
 ^ brajal, in some countries where guns are banned they have severe problems with knife gangs. I guess that means we have to put a ban on all knives and while we are at it, why not cars? People use those as weapons all the time when they're misused, so I guess we should ban cars as well. It's called responsibility and accountability and sadly this isn't a perfect world where everyone has those two things but that doesn't mean everyone has to be restricted because of it. There's plenty of responsible gun owners out there. It's just too bad that you don't get that and will never experience the absolute joy of owning/shooting off guns.

Anyways, nick, if you liked that then you gotta visit the Cabela's HQ off of I-80 in Nebraska your next trip around... it's like a redneck paradise.
 Wow good job bro's. That was super sick!
 My boy from Revolution bikes? Does Ryan know you were out playing at Cabellas? Great vid! Thought you told me you only played in Provo!?
 Gun segment ruined the video for me. That's not what I log on to Pinkbike to see.
 Yea neither do I, but in my opinion I just thought it looked like a good time plain and simple. There are much worse things being shown on cable tv these days...
 haha, Jersey Shore comes to mind.
 @gettingfaster your obviously not a true Canadian....prbobaly some gay vegan that hates guns
 @getting faster. what man doesnt love guns? seriously.
 its what it leads to I have the issue with, obviously not stating that else why would I have even left the comment fool! trigger happy with your sarcasm friend
 Pretty sick backyard!
 Was that Justin Wyper with a brake on his bike?

I didn't know that happened.
 every time i see Wyper i just think it's Tom Dugan riding 26's
 I think the intro was a bit long other than that though sweet vid Big Grin
 A trip to SLC without I Street?
 Extremely Sick Lines!!!
 The lightning at 6:47...incredible!
 Pretty awesome edit, almost as good as their last green river trip www.pinkbike.com/video/205524
 sick locations and amazing light. front flip off the rock was insane, as was the lightening strike-bar spin
 Wow, some pretty heavy balls right there! His argument is invalid as long as he's not capable of spelling 'they're', though. XD
 wow man, sick... im stoked to see your next trip! :O
 barspin lightning strike: ah good sir I DO believe I would have shat my pantaloons!
 7th picture;

And then I jizzed on my bike
 the lightning strike was god applauding that barspin
 easily the coolest natural terrain front flip i have ever seen!
 join the army!
 at 2:09 he looks like thor...
 "the first natural terrain backflip" .....aaaaaaaahahahahaaha
 Awesome intro, I can't wait to visit some american wasteland!
 First natural front flip? Come at Chubey, Paul.
 Like the yard full of hits.. How convenient.
 so yea this video is not playing past 21 seconds
 Ride the Lightning!!!
 Americans are so badass!
 but in america!?
 *they're.

Oh, my bad! They were so badass with those guns I could not tell the difference. But they should behave like canadians... even in redneck soil. XD
 Not all American's are white trash.
 When Anthony Messere corrects you, whether correct gramatically or not, you say, "Yes, sir. I'm sorry", and move on with your life, dammit!
 Who's Anthony Messere?
 not sure if serius or just trollin' XD
 Sure, I'm serious....
 Anthony is just another average Joe...
www.pinkbike.com/video/208132