Pinkbike Profiles Get a Facelift

Nov 2, 2012
by Benjamin Thomas

Your personal profile page on Pinkbike has a new look, to make it easier to highlight your work, gain an audience to promote your photos, videos and blogs, and see what you've been up to. Log in to check it out

Feature a Photo or Video
The largest part of each new profile is the 'feature'. Before we had a MyPOD, now you can have a photo or video act as the feature of your profile. If you're a photog or videog you can highlight your latest work on your profile for people coming to your page to check out instantly. And if you have nothing of your own to showcase, you can feature other people's work and help make it go viral. If other people feature a photo or video of yours, you'll get a notice on your dashboard to see who's loving your stuff. Just go to any photo or video, and you'll see a 'Make my Feature' link to bring it on your profile.

To make it easier to follow companies, pros, photographers and videographers, we've switched things up to a 'follow' concept. We were running into issues where people wanted to 'friend' people and they in turn had to friend them back. So we had companies which had to friend thousands of people that they didn't necessarily want to. This new concept allows for everyone to track the people they want. See someone with killer photos or videos you want to keep up with? Check out their profile and give them a follow.

What's Been Up Recently?
This has always been available, but it's now taking up a bit more real estate and looks a lot cleaner and has more functionality. You can now also comment on people's notes, photos and videos directly from their profile and delete activity if you want to hide it from your profile.

Recent Activity

Stats
More to come with stats on your photos and videos in the coming weeks, but for now you can check out how many total views your photos and videos have. Who's got the biggest e-penis?

New Album Look
We've cleaned up the album page. So browsing through user's albums should be a lot easier now with the albums shifting over to the left to make them easier to browse. We've also increased the photo size by 50%!

No Account on Pinkbike? Join Up

Finding any bugs or noticing any problems? Fire an email to ben@pinkbike.com.

Stoked on this new layout!!!
 A modern touch.
 i went on to pinkbike and was just like... "dafuq!?"
i had no idea change was coming. i am a creature set in my ways.
 PINKBIKE LOOKS LIKE FACEBOOK
 About time! Liking it a lot so the wait was worth it.
 neg prop me... i hate it! loved the old one, it was simple and easy to handle, i think it wasnt nessecery, it would be nice to be able and CHOOSE btw the old and new profile looks! good work tho
 @ribo88 I would be happy to neg prop you, I do like what you said though.
 hmm i agree with him, looks snazzy, but the old one seemed easier to use
 you can choose...if you go on edit profile you can select to have your old profile back.
 kill it with fire! i dont like it eithet i think we should be allowed to choose which layout we want
 thank god, i changed it back, now order in the universe is restored
 This is truly a great day.
Looks sick pinkbike. I love it Big Grin
 Kid stuff...facebook stuff...hey I forgot to rid e my bike today...
 who likes it
vote OLD OR NEW?

me old.
 Looks good but I would definatley like to see some sort of photo tagging like on facebook. ie: there would be an album on your profile saying Photos of (username) and it would be all of the photos of you that other people and yourself have taken. But overall a big step in the right direction the profiles look cleaner now and obviously there will be people who don't like it because some people hate change. Only downside is I will probably waste even more of my life on pinkbike now. Smile
 @ribo88 you can choose which one! just go into edit profile
 [yourusername].pinkbike.com/editprofile
uncheck the box if you miss the old one Smile
 @ribo88 you can change it back just go to edit profile and in little at the bottom the should be a box that ses new profile layout. just un check it
 thanks guys, now i can die happy! lol no seriusly thanks, i got it back, i like it much more! Salute
 Anyone know where the forum subscriptions feature went to?
 Now I can't lie to myself about how many people follow me..... Or dont. *sob*
 i have more than one pge of favourite videos but when i click on the favourite vids catogorey i dont see how i can get to my other pages. please respond
 Sick! I browse a lot more on my phone so I use the Web app, you guys should pimp that out too haha
 problem is there is no web app. mobile site. yeah I agree.
 looks great, only a little "cold" without some red outlines or something! Wink
 Facebook just bought Pinkbike... JK!...that would be a colossal downturn.
 Stoked on this!
 lameeeeee, all my favorite videos are gone!
 NOOOOOO only one page of favorite videos BS
 Yeah wtheck! I want to see all the vidds i've favorited...get that back!
 Where are my fav vids?!?!
 click edit profile, click off "allow new profile" you have your old profile back
hey presto
 I really like it! It's much more modern and matches other new website layouts. Good job! I have yet to see if the mobile page is different though.
 Just noticed Casey Groves is following me. Haha
 Does anybody know how to switch it back to the old look. I followed alexmcb's advice last week and changed it back, but came to it today and it's all shiny, new, and unfamiliar again. The new look is too busy and bright. It's aimed at the young Facebook generation. I hate Facebook, and I 'aint young!
 click edit profile it's near the bottom, just uncheck it.
 There's no 'uncheck' box buddy. That's what I mean, it was there last time and I unchecked it, but now it isn't...spooky!
 uh oh... you're totally right. maybe they are doing some maintenance.
 Unfortunately, PinkBike is a small team and we don't have the development resources to maintain two different versions of the profiles. So, yesterday, we switched everyone over to the new profile and removed the option. Plus, I get the feeling that when we had the checkbox to switch back, a lot of people just switched back without really giving the new look a try. Hopefully, after most of the people who wanted to switch back have tried the new profile for a little while, they'll decide they like the new version more!
 NO! I LOST ALL OF MY FAVED VIDEOS! WWWHHHYYYYYYYY
 bentomas: i switched it back to old but after a while decided to give the new one a try, and i got used to it although it lacks some things like poll infrastructure like in the dash and activity, and also the things that were under "more" like prop totals and things. also the forum subscriptions
 Meh, I like it. People just don't like change. It'll grow on them in time. I just wish we still had the date we joined showing on the profile page. It helps with identifying scammers I must say. ...and it may or may not give me nerd pride to show that I've been bumming around here for 5 years.
 Only some one under the age of 25 would say that, And if you think it's better lay out now your off your tits.
 Never said it was a better layout, I said it will grow on people. Read.
 you think for your self dude,
it's way too in your face and nothing works for me and plenty of other people will agee,
it realy did not need a change if anything it's gone backwords?
 Well complaining about it won't fix anything. Take it up with the mods, not me. I'm just one guy.
 Are you kidding me epavichthesavage because of this thread the favorite video problem was fixed.... so yea complaining about it does help
 What? That was an error fix, not a feature change. You want the entire thing removed.
So No, arguing with me won't fix that. Deal with it.
 Actually, it's because of the website bug reporting thread that everything was fixed, not these comments.
 Exactly. Leave me be lol
 how do i STOP people following me???????
 why would you want to????
 good question.
techincally the "follow" feature is a split-off of the old "friends" feature. Chances are people were already "following" you, only they had you under their "friends" list. There was never a block feature, though. You could see if "unfollowing" them will work.
 "friends" sounds better that follower's, follower's sound like your part of a clan or cult?
 Indeed. I hope it stops at this though. Any more changes should be purely cosmetic instead of functional. New designs and looks I can roll with, switching too much and I will start freaking out
 you may not want certain people following you?
 I don't know, it's not that big of a deal. Unless you're posting things you don't want people looking at Wink
 You mean Pinkbike™ isn't a dating site ? who would of thunk it.
 Just please don't ruin this Site with stupid shit. Keep it simple and change it rarely. The follow concept is great. Don't be like Facebook and start adding stuff nobody wants. I've watched this Site grow over the years and have been nothing but pleased. Don't wreck that.
 yep, totally agree... why everything is changing at worse? Some old things will be always better than new one... It's a small fall down.
 Seeing how they haven't really changed in... how long? I doubt this will happen because as you know the bike community doesn't like change to begin with Wink . Regardless, this update is amazing. I really enjoy it.
 totally agree....Don't be like Facebook and start adding stuff nobody wants.like that
 This is why i love pinkbike so much, they keep it simple and clean, and it works well. Unlike facebook who change things for no reason add stupid stuff that no one wants and hasn't been properly tested, i could go on.
 I completely agree with gouty!! Also PB Admins, dont sell the site! Keep it real!!!
 WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 24 PAGES OF MY FAVROUTE VIDE...ITS ONLY ONE NOW...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 Just saw the problem, we'll fix that straight away. Breath easy, they're still all there!
 oh cool...cheers
 I would be happy if i had one page left Big Grin
 Oh no!!! my videos... =(
 I like the new layout but I'm down to one page of favorite vids as well.
Where did the rest go?
 I'm down to none ? i didn't have many favorites but I regularly used my old profile to go back to them .
 and the photos.. don't forget the photos! Smile
 karl-burkat thank god you guys should put out some sort of notice when that gets fixed because thats the only reason i switched back to the normal way the rest of it is super sick!
 I want the old profile back. This one only let you comment on a single pic and not on an album?????
 Liking the new layout looks awesome.
 Agree. Simple and looks good. Good work Pinkbike! Smile
 loving it pinkbike should have a wall were you can see what over riders are up to in your country and all over the world we will have are own social network for bikers only thumbs up =]
 Sad to say that I'm not really liking it so far, going to give it a bit of time though because I'm sure once I get used to it there will be no going back! Always good to have a bit of change now and again though!
 i was a bit like that at first but a few minutes geting used to it and its grew on me
=]
 what's with the one page of favorite vids???
if anyone can figure out how to get more that would be great!
 I was thinking that, just went on my page of favorite video's to choose a 'my feature' video but I only had 1 page of favorites. All my other's have disappeared and so now I can't watch them again as I can't remember what they were called. Can anyone help me? Would be much appreciated! Smile
 if you go into edit profile and switch to the old profile option all your favs will be there again. you can switch back and forth depending on what you like Smile
 Ahhhh okay! Thanks for replying! Smile
 fav paging is back.
 thank you pinkbike loving the new layout it's awesome with the new full page of favorites still would like to see my favorite news without switching to and from the old profile though.... but thanks for the update
 Fantastic new layout guys, good job pinkbike
 Looks good but I don't like that I can't see the date of user registration. Unless I'm just missing it. I like to see Sellers with a few years history on the site before I feel easier dealing with them. Bring back the registration dates.
 If you go into edit profile, you can switch back to the old view. every user you run across with have the same style as you do after that. So that includes the Reg dates
 Thanks - I'll try that.
 Hey, I like the layout but I hate the timeline. I don't want anyone to be able to scroll through all my posts and be able to see everything I've ever done. Is there anyway to adjust how far back the "Recent" column displays posts from?
 They could always do that....
 I could never do it to myself, even.
 You have always been able to do that with show comments-button...
 I like it, it feels a lot more modern and professional. As ever with change, you'd expect a lot of negativity, but I think this change should be welcomed by most.

Just 1 constructive comment, is there scope to add a buy/sell rating, like eBay feedback? Or would this make Pinkbike too liable should things go wrong with a deal?
 I erased Facebook and only use Pinkbike now Since all my friends are from biking anyways..
 haha that a true mountain biker right there Biketrials =)
 Oooooo how exciting!
 Brilliants time for changes Beer Well done Pinkbike Salute
 what a load of bollox the new pinkbike is just like facebookFrown
 I'm not british, but isn't it spelled bollocks?
 Well done owl-58... you just made us look like retards!
 What I put down is a English saying what the rest of the world says how it spelled is up to them?
I know what it means they only think they know?
 i was trying to remain the last person on Earth not to join Facebook. And then I log on to my PB profile...
 still far from Facebook. The timeline on Facebook is shit.
 I'm not on facebook either ! Can't think of a more useless thing to waste my time on !
 The facebook timeline picks and chooses for you what it thinks you want to see, this recent feed is the exact same thing you used to have on your profile (recent activity and notes) but combined in one place. And we don't pick and choose what to display, same stuff still shows up, and all of it. You get to choose if you want to remove things. Just makes browsing through it all quicker, and you can respond to comments right there if you want to.
 can we choose if we want it or not?
 so I went on Edit Profile and I undo use the new profile but now I think it shows everyone else's profile as old.
 that's right. You can still live in the old world of profiles, so it keeps everyone's stuff ancient.
 That's correct, the setting changes what YOU see, so if you want to use the old profile as you browse the site, then leave that checkbox unchecked. If you want to use the new profile as you browse the site, check it. Your choice of the setting will not change how others view the site or your profile, they get to choose that.
 Thank you for the new layout! It's awsome.
 Timeline hits pinkbike , but this time its actually good.
 The new layout sucks. I hate facecrap and thats why I'm on pinkbike. Thank GOD I could switch back. If I wanted facecrap I would join facecrap!
 I found a thing I don't like. I can't find "show comments" button on my profile. I used to use this option quite often to find some cool photo or video if I remembered that I left a comment under it.
 yeah or the blog i was just getting used to the other layout, and had finally figured out some things and now it changed.
 ..............and why? What for is it?Blank Stare ehh... For me it looks terrible. Before it looked simpler and more clearly than now... Everything is on everything and you don't know what are you watching. Sucks a little... Confused What did you wanted to get? I don't like it.
...and go the hell with facebook .
 Im with you!!! call me old fashoned....but if its not broken, DONT fix it!!!!
 Ahhhh Much Better.....Rock On Pink Bike!!!
 New layout is amazing! great job guys!!
 Logged on and thought i was tripping out hard! Then I read this.
 I like it, thanks PB!
 Hi Karl and all the good folks behind Pinkbike,

Like the clean look, and appreciate the move to expand and keep with the times. However, the 'follow' concept-only makes this just a little to narcissistic IMO. I'd like to have the 'friend' option back for 'networking' purposes...y'know, for communicating back and forth with fellow mountain bikers.

Follow AND friends would be a great combo. People who I follow I might not wish to be friends with and vice versa. Corporations and groups could simply switch off the friend button/option if its an issue.

Look to Linkedin in addition to Facebook for some ideas.

Cheers!
 I liked the old one more
 This new page is cool looking but its going to take a bit of getting used to. I just dont like how the bike I ride and trails I ride aren't included anymore
 This sucks, everythings just a clusterf*ck. The older one was so much easier to use.
 Everything is cool except the "followers" rather than "friends". this isn't f*cking twitter. kinda digging the new look, but going to miss the old layout for sure.
 Your news favorites can be seen here: www.pinkbike.com/u/monkeywhip/fav-news We're listening, and are working on getting them added to the homepage again.
 Hi man, Thanks for your help. No doubt in my mind you guys will get it sorted for us. Keep up the good work!!
 How do I access my favorite news?
 we'll have this back shortly.
 To be honest... the new profile looks like sh*t. Neg prop me if you want, but the old layout was clean, simple and concise.
 How about mobile photo or video upload capability. Also, update the buy and sell section so narrowing down what your searching for is easier, just using some search words doesn't always cut it. And if you do update it, make the mobile site the same way, sifting thru all the same ads constantly is annoying.
 Please help as I am a computer tard:

On my profile I had lots of tech Tuesday and articles saved as Favorite News on the old profile. Now I can't seem to access or even see them......

What am I doing wrong??
 This is a known concern and is on our list of things to fix! In the meantime, if you really need to view these favorites, you can read through some other threads in the comments here to learn how to switch your profile back to the old version. Sorry for the inconvenience!
 ok so now the check box in edit profile is not there any more and I can't see all my fav articles where all the tech Tuesday stuff is..... Help please..... gotta sort my dhx5 for this weekend...
 What about a filter in the Buy Sell section of the Forum, the filter I'm asking is for the Local pick up only products, there is a lot of wasted time looking at ads, and when you find what you want, oh snap is local pick up only :-(
 SEADEVIL loves it !!! Nice and fresh !!!! Great styling.....my followers will love this !!!!!!!!!
 to tell you the truth i think it's crap?
thank god i can keep it just the way it was before,
 how did you change it back i cant figure this out i go to edit profile and i have change passowrd change head shot blah blah blah but no change back to the old profile... this is rubbish this new layout! Frown
 Owl, you are right....I changed it back also....Mike, go to your options, at the bottom there is a little square box which will be ticked. Tick that box to remove it...save, and you are back to normal !!!
 i was very scared when I discover this but its quite sick really
 I really prefer the old layout how do I change it back ?
 Never mind I got it! Haha nice try pinkbike !
 huh? where is the favourite news section? thx
 Yeah. I want my fav news back!
 HOW DO I SEE THE REST OF MY FAVORITE VIEDOS???!!!
 cant find my favorite videos. Dont like it.
 fav paging is back.
 yo pinkbike where have my favourites gone, it only shows one pgae, but previous videso that i have favourtied says that there still on my favourites, so whats going on i want my 29 pages of favourties back please!!!
 fav paging is back.
 When you click on your favourtite videos, it only comes up with the 1st page so you cant see the videos you favourited before the most recent page of videos. Can some one help me with this please?
 Congratulations for the new profile PB, I know by experience this is not an easy task. One question, are you planing on using responsive layout at some point?

To navigate your site on an smart phone is not an easy task Frown

Cheers and thank you so much for the endless hours of entertainment.
 why? the old was just fine!
 how can i delete photos ?
 soon. sorry that's taken so long.
 ok, good work Smile
 Keep us posted as i have at least 100 old photos posted of stuff i have already sold …
 I'm going riding tomorrow with my followers.
 profile page no longer shows how long someone has been a member, this can be a big deal if your buying from classifieds and want to avoid new member scammers ect!!!! please but back the "member since" info
 I like this new layout, but i went to my faved videos, and most of them were deleted and their was only one page. Is there any way to get them back?
 that'll be fixed shortly. They're still all there.
 Looks rd, but I miss the favorite trails and bike setup part.
 Right on, bring back the fave trails and bike set-up, those are fun extras - and kinda relevant.
 i hate it how come your only aloud a certain amount of Favorited videos
 So where can you see what other people ride without looking at their pictures? miss the Bike I Ride feature!!
 I'm liking the new layout but there's no way to delete photos from your profile or edit the names of albums now. The 'trash' album, which was the previous way of deleting photos is now visible. You guys might want to look at that when you've got some time ;-)
 we'll take a look at this now
 There should be the usual Pinkbike pencil icon next to the album name, when you're viewing an album. Clicking this will pull up options for editing and you should have the same options for moving, renaming, editing, etc...
 ahhh. I didn't see that. Thanks.
 when can we expect the "favourite news" to be back!? pleeeeease....! Smile
 Someone is actively working on this, but we've given them quite a few things to do. Smile I'd say, conservatively, by this weekend.
 cool, thanks!
 so, the photos favs are gone too....
c'mon guys, please! Wink
 how can you find favourite aritcles?
 we'll have this back shortly.
 what about polls? i noticed and that they don't have the same infrastructure as the other pinkbike stuff. they don't show up in the dash what about favorite polls? nor do they have a mobile option.
 thanks, looks cool so far Wink
 fav paging is back.
 you mean pages of faves? where are favorite news?
 great layout cheers PB
 I cant view any of my pictures full size seems something is wrong, cant go to any album to view full size and make featured picture
 Love how it looks, the old one is so outdated now. Smile
 where is the favorite news??
 Can somebody tell me where all my faved videos are ?
 you really blew it this time pinkbike now you can't switch back to the old profile option Frown
 wtf all my fav vidz are gone!
 Love the layout in particular the "Feature a Photo or Video" thing soooo sick
 It gives me headache to much stuff every were like the old way better nice and easy
 I have a 32" display, and a 24" display also, looks terrible on both, so much empty space!
 a new price filter would be awesome for classifieds. like: high-low nearest & so on like ebay's filter.
 i can only find one lot of my fave vids my life is over
 why change something that works?
 Good job pinkbike!
 how do i see the other 38 pages of my favourite videos?
 Yea i would like to see the next pages
 I like the new look i just cant access the same features liked favorite news that i could before
 Well now I know what the video feature thing was all about.
 how about new mobile page with video that actually plays. it could be a smartphone aplication
 WHEN CAN WE DELETE PHOTOS?
 no, thanks.
 I like it a lot Smile
 Ok maybe i didnt read it all but it would be good to have stats on your buy and sell. Loooking good this new look
 Can we remove the comment section off our profile? Ive seen many times people use that to troll others comments.
 Should have an opt out like eBay did (old or new)
 Unfortunately, PinkBike is a small team and we don't have the development resources to maintain two different versions of the profiles. Plus, I get the feeling that when we had the checkbox to switch back, a lot of people just switched back without really giving the new look a try. Hopefully, after most of the people who wanted to switch back have tried the new profile for a little while, they'll decide they like the new version more!
 ok you have changed it and that's your last word on it,
but lat out is all wrong nothing you have done is to my benefit, as there exactly the same you just have to find it,
down the left hand side you have 6 big blue box's that's in your face like we need them there? and under that your message history that took me over 3/4 hour to remove them all, like i need people to know my past history,it's now a smaller page than it was before with less things on show,
all my Favorites from home page have gone off my profile and the list go's on?
 Is there a way to delete blog posts?
 Video isn't working in Chrome (Version 24.0.1312.2 dev-m) Just noticed couple days back.
 still cant delete my profile or anything I have posted. Your more out of order than Facebook.
 does any one know how to get it back to the old settings?i prefer that?
 Let us know if something isn't working and we'll fix it up. Thanks!
 can we undo it? and go back to the original?
 under edit profile, you can uncheck to use the old version.
 I have notifications on my dashboard that I can't delete. They occurred pre-changeover to the new layout.
 how come i only have a fraction of my video favorites now?
 there is no faved video list on my profile Frown I can't live wothout them
 MY FAVED VID AND PIC LISTS ARE GONE! one of my favorite things is to rewatch previous favs Frown
 a fave list is a first need pinkbike item ! Pinkbike crew please stick to the human rights & regulations. Pinkriders can't do without previous favs. There will be collective suicides soon it seems
 FOR THE SUFFERERS: click "edit profile" --> at the bottom of the list, uncheck "Enable New Profile" --> and everything goes back to happiness --> Oh thank You Lord !
 Like seraph, I can;t seem to delete a few notifications from my Dashboard. I have clicked on each x but they reappear after a screen refresh. I have also chose the delete all function but they reappear after a refresh.
 Also, no reply button on dashboard to a noteboard message.
 what happened with the date showing when the account was created? there is a lot of ppl that just signs up and try to buy with out any PB history to back them up...
 I had like 8 pages of faved videos...now i only have one!!! what happened?
 too much like twitter for my liking
 How come all my faved vids have all gone , there's like 10 nowFrown
 I can not go to the next page at my favorite videos :/
 I can't find my favourites Frown
 Try again!
 Half of my normal profile is missing too compact and nothing work's
Any better than before?
If you can find it.
 Yes! works now
 I don't understand why I can't see all my favorite videos Frown
 Try again
 I thought that said pinkbike profit gets a facelift
 Just checked it out - it's LUUUUUUSSSHHHH!
 Noting for the mobile version ?
 how do you find you friend list on this
 Click on the number of followers you have on your profile, it should take you here: www.pinkbike.com/u/olegcarter/followers
 looks great guys. love the new follow concept. well thought out and looks clean.
 Thanks Pinkbike, really like the changes. Congratulate your user experience guy, good job
 very nice and easier to use, I like it Smile
 Looks good ! Good job PB !
 Any question ?
 That is a comment, not a question. Sorry you don`t like it, but without changes,....no progress. Why don't you post any constructive critics instead of complaining ? Who knows, it might help !
 realy nice looking thanks for the new profile layout
 how do you show your comment prop average???
 Sweet new layout. So much easier to navigate and stuff
 Thumbs up. Thanks, pinkbike
 This looks so sick. It's awesome to change stuff up every once in a while.
 thank god! for a seconde there i couldn'd find my faves scared the shit out of me! lol!
 I dont think i like it.
 I wish that it wasn't manditory to show your age....
 I really like the new site but how on earth do you edit and erase friends. Pinkbike, please tell me how to do that.
 Why I cannot see all my favorites videos... i have only the first page!
 So are y'all fixing the favorite video page dilemma?
 Some of it looks better but. Thay. Should of just. Made it stay the same. Pink bike is fine. ????
 Good clean design, thumbs up
 That's cool.
 I've been waiting for this for 5 years
 facebook is facebook get over it
 Im really lovin' the new look! Jailbreak tup
 I like the new changes.
 About time!!!!! so stoked!!!
 i think it looks like windows 8 not a big fan yet but it should grow on me
 there is too much white
 I'm loving the fresh layout. It would be nice to have it wider for bigger displays. Why scroll if you don't have to right? Gotta save the finger for braking...
 Thank you Pinkbike!