Video: Red Bull Full Nelson 2012

Oct 11, 2012 at 0:05
Oct 11, 2012
by Red Bull Canada

The original construction of the downhill mountain bike trail titled 'Nelson' was halted when the funds dried up. Years later Red Bull partnered up with legendary track builder Ted Tempany to finish off the upper half of trail and connect it to the lower half which was affectionately known as Half Nelson. This video outlines the build and also shows Red Bull pro riders taking advantage of it once completed.

Bit late don't you think..
 Hey um can i borrow some of that butter for my toast? I think you guys have enough of it
 I Love Full Nelson! I Love Squamish! I Love Canada!
 Rode this Sunday, was the best ride of my life so far! After Cakewalk as a warm up run the flow of Full Nelson is unbeliveable!!
 Yep, it's one of the best. Thanks again Red Bull!
 well time to skip work and go riding...
 The Ultimate train right there. I wanna see footage of them riding the whole trail.
 Even though I live in Vancouver now, Squamish will always be home to me. I try to ride there several times a week if I can. I have logged countless hours on those trails and no matter how hard the grind is to get to the top of a trail, I always leave with a huge grin on my face when I'm leaving. This Is My BackYard, This Is My Playground and Ted Tempany is my Hero! For those of you that have yet to come play here, find a way to do so at least once in your life, It will be an experience you won't forget! Make sure you stop in at Tantalus Bikes, those guys are the best!!!!
 Sweet trail. ONce im done school this year im definately going out to BC for a few weeks. I CANT WAIT!
 Looks like the most dialed trail I've ever seen.
 my eyes just got a little wet... this is just the best and funnest looking trail ever. what an amazing work of the builders...cheers to them!!
 Funny they just opened up a bike park in town so all the local sreaders and builder showed up to ridee which was sweet but here comes the funny part some guy came up to ous said we need ppl under 18 to sign up to maintain the jumps lmao!!! were all in our 20s and 30s were all like wth! the least u can do is get someone who actually knows what thier doing we have all built jumps yet they want kids that got no experience its gonna be interesting to see what happens. I guess thats the stigma in ontario riding bikes is for children apparently god i hate this province lol!
 Why can't red bull make some trails in the uk Frown
 Maybe because people in the UK have "monsterenergy" in their names on pinkbike. Wink

But really, if you want the trails, you need to get out there and build them. There are hundreds of trails in Squamish that were built by volunteers. Red Bull merely helped finish this one, but a lot of it is volunteer time.
 Trust me, if we were allowed to build trails, we would! I've been trying to get permission for years but no luck Frown
 you don't need permission! some of the best trails are illegal
 That's fine for you guys in Canada you can hide amongst all you trees. But the uk isn't so big and chainsaws make a bit of noise. People notice quicker here. Then they tell people who tell other people and the trail gets taken awayFrown
 Just build it descreetly whilst waiting for permission that's what I did..... I asked united utilities to build a trail on a part of land that I KNOW they dont and can not use! whilst waiting for a reply I built it anyway, only to get a reply with a big fat NO in it!..... But guess what?.. That was three years ago and my beloved trail is still standing, granted it's getting bigger Smile but I enjoy it every weekend!!
 Then you need to get on council, infiltrate the local government, put work into it. If you saw how organized the guys at nsmb, sorca, worca (North Van, Squamish and Whistler's cycling organizations respectively) are you'd realize why stuff gets done here. What you need to do is start local cycling clubs and work towards the benefit of the community. Cycling is good for the local economy, the local environment (sustainable trail building vs poorly built trails) and the overall health of the community.

No excuses guys!
 "alergyprone" use a normal saw And hand tools takes abit longer but worth the reward, and only tell really close pals! That's how I've got away with it so far, Thers only me and five of my buddies that helped me build it that know about it and it's still there! Big Grin
 I made my name when I was a kid , now I regret it Facepalm
 To make trails in the uk , is harder than asking rob warner to shut up (legend) . As soon as you make a decent trail in the uk , some poncy midle class walkers go into the forest and walk along your trail and recommend it to there book club friends and then people tell the forest council and say , "lovely walking trail up (insert forest name here Wink ) " then it gets knocked down , then they patrol that area and it turns impossible to build a trail .
Welcome to the uk Smile
 Where I live there is very little tree cover to build under so where there is we build as much as possible. The irritating thing is that my area is perfect for every type of trail there is. There's a huge amount of fantastic illegal trails but they get rutted and ripped apart so quickly. We built a real good track last year and now it's barely rideable Frown
 Type in delamere Forrest on google earth , it's such a beautiful place , down the road , but the Forrest guys are always doing "maintenance " if anyone is in the area I'll happily build some trails around there . I am designing a road gap over the main road that goes through the forrest two lane road . 14 foot gap . Noice
 Unnecessary trees shot at the end? They have a minimum time they need to fill for the edit or something. In all seriousness, though, great video. The semenuk scrub blows my mind.
 Well, trail opened on may 5th. its now october. Love this tail so much tho!
 Watching all that machinery and technology being used for trail building... Then thereĀ“s the finished product - pefrectly smooth trail with prefectly measured berms and jumps and turns and landings and trees that get in the way getting chopped or logged. Then the video showing Mountain bike riders having a blast ripping such trails. So should we change the name of our bike and instead of calling them MOUNTAIN BIKES call them Smooth Machine-built Trail Bike? Or Rockless Bulldozer-built trail Bicycles? SMTB or RBTB
 best entertainment during a math test!
 That looks like the most fun ever...ever.
 One hundred thousand riders this year...?!
 WE ARE THE TRUE BELIEVERS
 Strength in Numbers is the best MTB movie I personally think and it show cases this trail beautifully in the end. I wish I could go and ride there!!!!!
 That was some rude shit hot riding mother funkers....1
 F*CKING REDBULL PLAYER!! pile of shite!!!
 jesus, talk about beating a dead horse... also it works perfectly fine for me, just saying
 Good for you! It keeps buffering and jerking every 2 seconds! It seems to be just on here though as I've got redbull t.v and it playes fine on that!
..... U know just saying.....:S
 You can tell I'm busy at work cause I have the first comment
 Oh Schnap you got 2nd comment actually. Busted Mo Fo.
 Nope he got first
 ^^^ bullied! ^^^
 That last shot of the berm oh my bejesus hahaha
 I MUST RIDE THIS TRAIL