Results: Kamikaze Downhill - Mammoth Kamikaze Games 2013

Sep 6, 2013 at 19:28
Sep 6, 2013
by Mike Kazimer

cool to see the legends showing the pros how its done. wonder if Cully is still rockin zokes or Kloser had a disc rear wheel or if insane Wayne is still insane(heard he stays up past 10). Tomes would have smoked them all with the drop bars
 Not surprised to see Lopes take it out - I remember idolising that guy when I was just some kid with a crap bike and a Mountain Bike Action subscription haha.I would have been pretty excited to see both John Tomac and Missy Giove compete also, I can't help but think the results may have been slightly different... Also pretty stoked to see Darryn Henderson in the top 10, NZ's first truly competitive DH rider back in the early 90's.
 Sorry to say but Tomac would not be able to keep up (he should be involved, regardless), although you have to watch his son compete in moto.... he's positioned to be one of the best (Eli Tomac). Missy would be awesome to watch although I'm not sure if she's released from prison yet. It sucks so bad she got busted for something so lame... although it was in large quantities, haha. She was the only one who could keep up with ACC.
 Missy wasn't actually in Jail. 6 months house arrest and 5 years supervised release… hence why she can't compete yet.
Read Dirt, she was was interviewed last month
Smile
 I have sweet mems of darryn in a crazy tight purple giant suit actually allot like some of the current tld stuff but tight as, really popped with the yellow atx
 eli tomac is pretty much the best. unoffically. he kills every race by multiple laps
 Doesn't seem right to not have Johnny T involved... Also, If only they would bring back the Spokane Kamikaze they used to pull off, I would definitely dust off my 1996 GT Tequesta.
 Tomac is injured - I think I heard that at Eurobike.
 Still would have been cool to see him there for the event. Also, bring back the old schoolers like Tinker, or Ned the Lung, or even Missy, Miles Rockwell and the like. I think this just dated me. Aaaahhh the early 90's. When you rode all the disciplines. Tomac used to ride and kill XC, DH, and Slalom, then still compete at a high level in Road!
 Yeah, and what about Yeti's Jimmy Deaton. He won the kamikaze five time over a ten year span, he rode a custom made 66-11 gearing with a 3 inches of travel elastomer manitou on a hardtail, clipped-in, no protections besides an XC Helmets and bars-ends to top it all. That is just nuts for speed close to 60mph. This guys deserves some recognition.
 And what about the best Female all around ever - Julie Furtado???
 Marla Streb???
 One name missing from there......Jason McRoy. Such a shame he isn't with us today to race his again
 JMC was my hero when I first got into mountain biking
 No Jimmy Deaton either - first name I looked for.
 Scott Smith in the 60+ cat running a time that would have been good enough for 11th in pro mens! Nicely done!
 Scott Smith is a fast old guy....
 Smith is just plain fast. Jeeeeez!
 Where was Juergen Beneke?
 Never heard of this Jason Schroeder kid but good to see a local kid from Carlsbad representing for the Cat. 1 18 and under. North County wattup!
 Hey! No shit!
 Penny Lundgren = Penny Davidson?
Cindy Buccowich = Cindy Whitehead?

Pretty cool that Giovanna Bonazzi raced.
 I thought Cindy Devine (Divine?) ... I was wondering this too..
 Where is John Tomac???
 Leigh Donnovan, 16 years his senior, finished just a few seconds behind Kyle Strait. Killing it still! Well done!
 GRAEME PITTS!!! YEEAAAH And good job Jonny!
 Geee I wonder what suspension Martin Bryson was running.... Wink
 Who's Martin Bryson?
 He's what happens when they enter the name wrong on the entry / racing license.... I have a fishing license that has my name wrong, gave them my drivers license when I got it as ID and they transposed the names reversed.
 or he's Bryson Martins evil reverse twin.
 has a beard too... that's what gives him away...
 what about Myles Rockwell wonder why he did not race he commentated at a UCI race last season his Wife races
 Because he is in JAIL for growing weed in the USA... shoulda moved to Canada.
 ya back in 2004 , and last i heard he was not in jail and was working with TREK as a rider liason and trainer
 Still remember Ryan White beating me at Helen, GA as just a little kid in Sport dual slalom. Little bugger was fast. If he's a legend, good lord I must be a dinosaur.
 Joe Sloup. 60mph man back in the day. wonder what the top speeds were this go around?
 Pumped to see team mongoose win!!!
 so sick.. early this time there are the first picture in MBA with Dayton and his Yeti ARC FS bike!!! 1991??
 Jason McRoy would've owned this…
 Crashed hard on the first stage if my race run...
 Brian Lopes can still do anything.
 except park?
 He seems to ride A-Line OK, but I guess that's not a "park" trail...?
 We need Pix!!! Chop Chop, lol
 how about the flyin' freckle coming in 23rd place legends class. 3x.
 I thought skin suits were banned in dh
 Great to see Robert "Fig" Naughton on the podium !!
 And no jimmy deaton.