Sequence Saturday 3

Jan 21, 2012
by Julian Coffey

0% Loaded prev 1/10 next

bigquotesThis is still one of my all time favorite shots, and one of the most incredible moments in my career. We had set this up and planned it for months in advance, but when Dave showed up a few days before the stage, there were so many people there camping out that he wasn't able to practice the jump beforehand. Even on the morning of the race we weren't sure if he was going to be able to pull it off. His bike was under a tarp at the top of the in-run and he was wearing regular clothes over his bike clothes so that no one would notice what he was planning to do. We had a crew of people ready to move the crowd when the time came, but as the race came through and several groups of riders passed, it seemed like it wasn't going to happen. Then Dave saw a small group of riders coming up the pass with enough space around them that he felt it would be safe. He signaled the crew, quickly took off his street clothes, picked up his bike and hit the jump completely blind, flying over the backs of the riders as they pedaled uphill. I don't think they even noticed him in the air, but I'm sure their team car was surprised. It was really ballsy going for that jump without any practice or speed check, completely under the radar, and it still stands out as one of the most amazing feats I've seen in action sports. - Scott Markewitz

Best comment wins Evoc Freeride Trail 20L series riding pack.

Tippies favorite colourway, the Evoc Freeride Trail 20L with integrated CE approved spine protector. Multiple compartments for tools, tubes, pump and accessories. Armour fastening straps, integrated rain cover sleeve, helmet carry for full face and trail helmets.

The only thing missing from this picture is boobs.
 and maybe 3D glasses...
 I used to hit gaps like that, but then i took a road cyclist to the knee...
 Pinkbike, did you ever announce who won the last backpack???
 bacon wrapped boobs!!!! with a beer at hand
 "hey mike!?'" "yeah tom?" "remember when you said lets get road bike because it was the ultimate cycling adventure?" "yeah why?" "cus there is a guy on a downhill mountain bike that just flew over the pack in front of us...." "were the hell was this guy at the shop when we bough our bike!!!?"
 Everybody needs toucan stubs.
 Road cycling...lalalala boom! That was very much unexpected!
 :O
" Ive got big balls,
And shes got big balls,
But HES GOT THE BIGGEST BALLS OF THEM ALL! "
AC/DC Qoute

id like a video
pause on pic 8 you can see his back tire hit the rope!
 Roadie Gap
 it looks like he barly touches the tape with his tire lol
 Its funny 'cause everyone there just witnessed a new level of badassery.

And the guy with the daisy dukes in the yellow shirt near the bottom is also pretty funny as well. tup
 Can't do a jump that big with one ball, need 2 huge ones.
 and this my friends is how to ride a bike properly
 you can find it on the internet if you look. He bailed on the ride out, hard too. think he also got cought by the police. check it out, it out there!
 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! .......oh fawk
 toure de freeride
 Showing roadies how it's done every single day.
 I used to hit gaps like that, but then I took a free Evoc Freeride Trail 20L to the knee.
 He might've made it if he had some lycra on...
 i used to ride road bikes... then i took a real bikers back tire to the head...
 @mnorris122 I suggest you read up on some basic and fundamental laws of physics. The roadies are going up hill, the rider is under the full force of gravity going down hill then falling through the air. To state he is going faster is kinda pointing out the obvious?
 Pity he didn't land on the bloke wearing matching yellow T shirt and cap, short shorts and socks with sandals- he clearly deserves to die.
 Two polar opposites in the world of bikes coming together at the absolute height of their abilities. You will never see this shot again.
 challenge accepted
 HOW DOES HE SIT DOWN WITH BALLS THAT BIG?!!
 This has to be one of the best moments captured in the freeride scene by far. Everything about this image screams Incredible!
 DROPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 surprised he crashed it, he seemed to land perfectly
 I wish Icould favourite this sequence!
 yeah he seemed to land it well,must of been shock problems
 he landed a little back heavy off that big drop bouncing him forward
 also looks like he came up a hair short
 notice how he is far above the road riders? that's what my respect level for mountain bikers over roadies looks like.
 you said it !!!!
 I just think it would have been stellar if he'd pulled it off. Instead he binned it, and a crowd of people watched his trousers fall down as he tumbled down the side of a mountain. Less cool. I will never understand why people think it's cool to hate on roadies. Each to their own.
 ^i don't understand why you think it's cool to hate on a guy who has balls 50x bigger than yours, who hit that gap for the first time, over a bunch of road riders, without any speed checks and off a blind take-off. Each to their own.
 Speaking the truth and hating on someone are two different things. It's sweet that he attempted the drop. Would have been double sweet if he'd pulled it off. Also, roadie here. Mtn. biker here. DHer here. Bike rider here. I don't understand the beef.
 as long as your on a bike it dosent mater
 You dumb asses need to get the quote right! Its supposed to be, "to each, their own". Rookies
 hahaha i was thinking the same thing.
 Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
 Sucks that he crashes afterwards
 @powerline Chewbacca is from Kashyyyk, but he travels with Han, he dosn't live on Endor.
 I've been watching the New World Disorder series from start to end as they came along in past years. I might be old-fashioned, but I really do tend to love the older New World Disorder movies (1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) more than the newer ones. The first 5 movies captured the essence of freeride mountainbiking and I believe Freeride Entertainment can take credit for the majority of steps taken towards the mountainbiking scene that we are experiencing presently.
(Not hereby saying that the Kranked series didn't do the same - of course it did)

However we should also be grateful for companies like Kona, for supporting the sport as much as they have done and still do. Likewise people at Race Face have been doing the same with their UFC (Ultimate Freeride Challenge) in the past, introducing many great riders as for example Tyler Klassen and many more.

I'd like to thank the sport of mountainbiking for the time when everything was simple and people like Watson took my breath away.

(I'm from a time when mountainbikers could race four cross, free ride events and still compete at the highest level of downhill racing.)
 Well said sir Salute
 I wish there was a place to watch all the old UFC vids... The dude who rode across cables and the guy with one arm that sent big drops.... how the hell has this comp. not been picked up again!?
 Oh shit, I forgot about the one-armed hucker. That dude's insane.
 Yeah i totally forgot his name anyone remember?
 Dustin Bryant.... thanks Google.
 thats why maybe people are saying "freeride is dead" its not capturing the real essence... its more like focus and technical... nobody has balls in these days and bikes are built to be light not strong... for me old schools rocks Smile but i dont like bender dont know why i respect him ok but i dont like his style ... maybe because he acts like a poser and crashes alot lol
 ^ You're a friggen idiot.... I'm sorry but that was just stupid, on all ends.
 @ bebemonk4ever they still have balls but nowdays its popular to trick smaller jumps not hit huge stuff i find it good to go for a more tehnical way but i still miss those "old days"
 You forgot to thank the academy
 The sequence shouldn't pose a disparity between which type of riding is better. Riding is riding. I know this because during the off-season, my friends and I take our road bikes out and train for the annual STP (Seattle to Portland) bike ride. It may not be much of an adrenaline rush as Dave sending it over the Tour de France, but what's most important is that we have fun with what we do and simply enjoy the ride, no matter what discipline it is.
 Very well put sir. Leave the division for politics. United we all are in biking!
 No point in hatin on roadies, I used to go out on a road ride with a load of roadies but people would have looked and said look at all them roadies but mountainbikers could be among them and alot of the time someone whho is open to alot of disciplines is a better rider as a result
 Divided by terrain, united by the sport.
 They see me jumpin', they hatin'
 "...unfortunately, the celebration was short-lived. After this stage of the race ended, the UCI caught up with Dave and had him undertake the post-ride urine test required of all riders. Although there were no specific Performance Enhancing drugs found in Dave Watson's system, there were some unknown substances who's origins could only be traced back to the soil of the Pacific Northwest area of Canada. As they could not prove without a doubt that Dave had "cheated" the UCI non-the-less stripped him of their official level of "radness" granted to road racers. Ironically, this in turn boosted his level of radness in the Mountain Bike community to Sick, with a subtext of "Steez". The rest is, as they say.....history.
 theres the old saying when theres a problem, build a bridge and get over it, but i guess Dave Watson must have forgotten the build a bridge part and just went straight over the promlem like a real man
 There are a few reasons I like this sequence.

1) The things written on the pavement. It's like Watson staked his claim, represented BC and put a few arrows in just in case no one knew where he was going.
2) He hit it blind. Dave is very dedicated to the sport, he knew it would be an awesome shot and risked his life n' limbs to get it.
3) It was very stealth like. The only ones that really noticed were a couple guys and a few ladies, but more importantly, the ladies.

Sweet shots, great job Dave and crew!!
 I really like frame 5, just as his shadow passes across the group of people nearest the 'BC' lettering on the street. At that moment they become aware that something else is taking place around them, the sound of only a ratcheting freewheel descending from above... Each frame after that you can see the progression of shock in all those who take notice. Epic is an often over used term these days, but definitely not this time.
 We were a Kona dealer a few years back when this was still hot news. they made up a PR poster with the stunt photographed by someone on the ground.
it's a great poster, great shot --- dang, l can't remember what l did with it. OK, for the record.... he did crash after landing but it was a smooth crash.. then he got carted away in a paddy wagon (no BFD). that was dope indeed though.
 To be forever known as the Watson stage of the race...
 To me this represents the beginning of freeride. A starting point in the evolution. I'm talking early NWD videos, loud metal, huge Marzocchi suspension, hucking, etc. Were riders sending it well before this? Absolutely. To me it's the point where the attitude, drive, and sheer sacking up started to move this part of biking forward. The picture of Watson jumping the tour was the start. It got people like me thinking outside of XC and 2" travel early full suspension bike area. Kids started wanting to be the next Shandro, Watson, Schley, Simmons, Bender, Tippie, Cowan, Pritzel. That led to Chase, Lenosky, Bearclaw, McCaul, Bourdon, Strait, Vanderham, Bas, Zink. Now were seeing Semenuk, Messere, etc. The venues have changed. Jumping the tour? Jumping red rock canyons at Rampage? Doing things thought impossible at Crankworx? Hell yeah. There has to be a symbolic start to every movement. This was it.
 its amazing to think that whle early days biking, back in the 1970's, true mountainbiking was born. first done by the brave denim clad, solid steel bikers, conquering these mountains for the first time on there insane bikes that would struggle on a flat road. they are the true heroes and the creaters of what would become, free-ride mountain biking. but to be fair, this Dave guys an absolute legend aswell though
 Q: What do you get when you take the "o" out of road? A: You get Rad!
 Well truely one of the great moments in biking, so bad that a guy like Dave Watson how has a great attitude for the sport does not ride anymore. Pictures like that were seen all over the world and made freeriding a noticeable sport. It is not about hate rodies or hate the style of Dave (clearly there are more stylish riders out there) it is about do it or leave it to the men. He stood up and did what no one was thinking of.

The sad part of the story is that it did not increase the popularity of biking by all the tour de france viewers as they looked at it as an dangerous act to threaten the racers. So we should say it is a picture that splits the world in those who understand him and those who doesn't understand freeriding

Respect! Dave you earned the big balls trophy!
 Oh the old man still rides, apart from being the Honch here, he is still our chief designer and tester.
 FRAME #8 = Look closely... Dave is touching the red and white tape with his rear tire. That tape was the literal and metaphorical line between "life and death" and he decided to smack it with his Minion DH and teach everyone a lesson.
 By far the most epic moment in freeriding history! I remember hearing on the radio the news some guy was arrested for trying to jump the tour.....I was ecstatic once I finally saw the video! More so when I heard Watson was released because of the fact he wrecked and authorities thought it was more of an embarrassment.
 Markewitz, so well put. This was a miletsone in mountain bike history and this picture became a symbol for what mountain biking could achieve. I was just starting biking when I saw this in mags and posters everywhere. I didnt know what was happening back then but i knew that whatever I did in the future was going to be on bikes.
 "Dave talking to the grand kids" .......So I say "EPIC! Get stoked Bros I am going to drop in 5"...... and they say ....."Dave you didn't even do a practice drop".......And I say ......"no worries bra'" .......and I hit the lip faster than Ike slapping Tina......30 secconds later I wake up with my pants around my ankles and a bunch of pissed Europeans.....Moral of the story kids....Stick the tranny an ride it out!"
 I like to think that after crashing, running down the hill chasing his bike, while pulling his pants back up, that he was barely able to walk he was laughing so hard. Truly amazing.... Hands down my favorite moment in freeride history.
 I used to be a road biker, then I got divorced, lost my job, and currently live in a van down by the river. I then found mountain biking was the only way to relieve the stress and pain of life that life has placed upon me. When I'm on a mountain bike, I'm free to do whatever the fuck I want bitches-as shown in the photo above.
 enthused British tour commentators Jim Eadie and Frank Worchester

Frank---> "look at the distance that Dave Watson  is putting on just amazing! "
Jim---->"Dave is coming in for a good time! I believe there will be speculation of doping after this one frank."

Jim --->"It scertianly is an epic move over the chase group, it will without a doubt have riders siting a higher in their saddle, what a performance!"
 Is that the yellow jersey I see? It seems like it. Help me out here but this could have been Armstrong's year in the yellow. I bet secretly his thinking.....frikking hell DUDE, you just stole my thunderSmile And what the F am I doing riding up this hell!!!
 WATCH THAT VIDEO AND YOU'LL SEE THAT THE WATSON TOUR DE FRANCE GAP WAS JUMPED THIS SUMMER !!!!!!
www.pinkbike.com/video/230310
Isn't it a good way to pay homage to that jump and to Dave Watson ? hahahahahaha
 There's a dude, who has some COJONES (balls) to do something so stupid that it could even be called AWESOME.
He showed roadbikers what life's all about, he jumped an awesome gap and even tried to evade the cops later.
He ROCKS!!!
 As the focused road bikers pass beneath the rocky cliffs, they glare at the yellow caution sign reading, " WATCH "
for
FALLING
FREERIDERS
 Dave Watson doing that jump was what got me interested in mountain biking in the first place! I remember seeing it on a DVD and being like "Woah, I wanna do that!".

I'd be lying if I said I now huck over roads for fun though, my ability holds me back somewhat Big Grin
 Hah Smile I know what you mean Tim!
 This is the advertising we need for mountain bikers. Somebody sending a huge gap over the most prestigious road events ever. The coming together of two disciplines in one feature. EPIC!
 There's nothing like the feeling before flying off of a jump that has never been jumped before... It's something really unique and amazing that sadly most people in the world will never get to experience.
 I remember that day like it was yesterday. One of my favorite photos of all time. Big fan of Dave Watson Big fan of Sombrio Clothing. Sombrio For Life. In my opinion Dave's a freeride legend.
 One of my fave moments in MTB/Freeride/Huck history!!! Think of the awesomeness; THE most famous biking event in the world and an MTB legent JUMPS over them! F yeah!
 ...... and crashes. and his trousers fall down. In front of a large crowd of people.
 crashing only makes it more badass
 don't forget him runnig away with his pants slipping down! Big Grin hah that was a epic moment...
 here i is on youtube. that was one of the sweetest moments ever! too bad he crashed but still so sick!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Q3GBpLtIY
 Even it was hit blind - the set up was planed in detail -> BC Watson the road (real tour de France style) and I agree .... one of the most respected road gaps in freeride histroy

big balls award and props :-)
 Whenever Watson gives us grief about something at the office, we bring up the Tour Jump and say, 'Remember when you were rad?'.

Works every time...
 They see me flyin They hatin Patrolling they tryin to catch me huckin' roadies Tryin to catch me huckin' roadies Tryin to catch me huckin' roadies Tryin to catch me huckin' roadies Tryin to catch me huckin' roadies
 I love that it says "WATSON" on the pavement underneath. Most spectators woulda just assumed that was a no-name rider at the back of the peloton, I'll bet.
 I love the response of that girl in yellow top near the landing... she clearly hasn't seen any real biker that day. 101% respect for this !
 wigitron has commented! Razz
 This is like non-polar and polar solvents mixing. You never thought it was possible but when it happens it's really out of this world.
 I seem to remember reading that he compressed his spine in the crash, but still managed to pick himself up off the floor and run from the French police. Legend.
 Way too cool! And as far as Watson goes....... He is to Biking as what Craig Kelley was and will always be to Snowboarding! An innovator!
 "ok here goes nothing"... "brake check"... "hey, that driver is talking on his cell phone... Your driving!"... "and touch down... Uh-Oh! Sharp Rocks!"
 You Dave showed all of us people, riders what's freedom. Decision was tough but I believe it made impression.I hope you were alright after gap jump. BE FREE,GO FREERIDE !!!
 If i was a Tour Champion, and a DH rider would jump above me like that, i would stop, offer my bike to trade with him, and start riding DH for the rest of my life Smile
 Look at the poor guy with the yellow shirt and cap in the front! HE MISSED EVERYTHING while standing so close Big Grin ... and he's not the only one.
 There was know doubt that Dave was the top contender for the King of the Mountain category!
 Probably one of the bawlsiest things ever caught on a MTB film. Easily top 10 of the most awesomest moments in the world of freeride.
 Respect for the guy flying over the backs of the riders.But I can't see a backpack at the flying guy, so give him the backpack. He deserves it!!!
 MTB/Cycling HISTORY!! For me this hit is like when HUMANS were on the Moon. It just shows how far the MTBspecie has gone far away...
 "-Did you see that?!. -Yeah, crazy mtbiker flying over the peloton. Keep on pedaling. -Wow, Wish I could do that in this skinny bike"
 next time i see watson written on the road, im staying well away
 hilarious!
 Thuosands of miles vs one flight. As time is equal to everyone, life's the art of choice.
 IIRC he got picked up by the cops and arrested after he crashed...

Who the f*ck arrest somebody for biking at the tour de france?
 Amazing. The perfect juxtaposition of two completely different types of riding at the highest level.
 Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport! The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat! The human drama of athletic competition....
 the guy standing in the front left behind the silver car has a niice outfit. im into the purple on yellow combo with flip flops and socks accessorized
 Esta secuencia, cambió mi vida. Empecé a ver el freeride como un deporte muy superior al ciclismo en general, que es lo que se demuestra en la foto.
 A man who found he could fly above those who looked down upon him. he is pure inspiration to those who can't grow wings. We salute you
 basic overtaking maneuver, a quick up an over. standard
 IF Carlsberg did the Tour De France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(if you don't get it type in on YouTube "if Carlsberg did Christmas crackers")
 Love this sequence, I like to think of it as the MTB world shouting out "Hey there are other forms of Bicycle sports!" this sequence really let the world know that there is more to pedal bikes than road racing.

Brilliant.
 showing the 'men' with shaved legs how its done!!! You know what they say about men with shaved legs: if your 'dads' got shaved legs then you have two mums!
 Scott: "hey Dave!,, I have a plan!!!!!"
Dave: "yesss????"
Scott: "how would you feel about being RAD???"
Dave: "yeah sounds pretty good"
Scott: "it would also show the infidels how France should be ridden!!"
Dave: "sweet what do I have to do,,, any thing to beat them Lycra bums"
Scott: "JUMP THEM"......"them being the main peloton in the Tour Du France"
Dave: "PLAN"

so Dave and Scott went on there mission to be RAD and to make infidels look uncool, as we can now see they succeeded. They went on to live glorious lives knowing they had done the best ever sport proud!!

The end!
 Yes, this is one of the radest sequences ever but there's a few things you missed...

1. Google the definition of "Infidel", it doesn't mean anything close to what you apparently think it means.

2. Any one of those "lycra bums" would stomp your ass on any type of bike you can think of; road, DH, or anything else. Talk all the shit you want, those guys live on their bikes and as foreign as a DH bike might feel to them in the first hour, they'd bury most of us mere mortals after just a few practice runs...

3. That's not even close to the main peloton... that's a very small group bringing up the rear after getting dropped from the main group. At that point in the race, the peloton was probably 100 riders strong.
 After much thought, I have concluded that the only way these shots could be improved would be if they had both bacon and boobs. Mmmm. Bacon and boobs.
 And all the roadies could do was stand by and watch. (Well, OK. They were actually sitting down and riding up a hill, thinking THAT was exciting. Man, the Steroids must really fry their brains!!!)
 The most iconic image of mountain biking , it realy shows who we are as a community, people who want to take our beloved sport to the next level
 DH1 have changed plans and are planning revenge on the UCI next year... with a road gap event on all mountain stages of the TDF Smile Stay tuned...
 The last picture looks like he's gonna fuck it straight over the bars. all those people in short shorts must have spooked the crap out of him
 He did. He crashed, but the picture still remains iconic.
 It truly represents both sports decently , One dropping every bit of energy into pedaling, and one hucking huge and eating sh** but looking like a true bad ass all the same
 When one of the roadbikers found out he jumped over them: What? What an jerk! He could have hurt someone! Just to be safe, I'm never riding my road bike again.
If for some reason he rode over a group of mtbikers heading to a trail: What, really!? That's so sick bro , did he land it! Man that's awesome, I had no clue! Where's this guy so I can buy him a beer?
 Im sure, that next time will be there Cam Zink doing a huge backflip over the road bikers. Thats, evolution!!!
 every road stage should have a gap jump like this, it would be the most entertaining part Smile
 Dave-'Darn it I hit the tape with my back wheel, i'll need to go do it again!'
 I was wondering what my Grandad Dave has been up to since retiring from the Royal Air Force Wink
 I remember at this when i saw it first time couple years ago. I've never seen a more punk on MTB ! ! !
 That IS very impressive! now for his next trick? he does it on one of those roadie's bikes and lands it clean!
 Great picture of the two polar opposites of biking coming together....at least inadvertently for the roadies.
 I thought at the time and still think that was one of the stupids things. He risked hurting other people. Watson did get hurt on this jump.
 Anyone notice he touched the striped tape with his rear tire but didn't break it
 First one to the bottom wins
 Once upon a time.. there was a race between a tortoise and a hare. the hare chose to ride a road bike because he though he would be more aero and go faster but on the other hand the tortoise was a retired dh racer so when the hare took off on his road bike the tortoise just took his time on his road bike and did a couple shuttle runs with the other tortoises and then wen he realized that the race was almost over he just went straight down the hill like a real man instead of winding back and forth on the road like the hare.. at one point he actually saw the hair under him as he pulled off a huge ass road gap and every on that saw was frozen in shock. and in the end the tortoise won the race with 10 minutes before the hare finished on his gay ass road bike. the end.. fuckin sick backpack
 You roadies may be fast but I can FLY!!!!???
 Tour De France: Abbreviated version.
 True spirit of freeriding... Great lines can be found anywhere...(even on roadies territory!)
 By the looks of things I think it is obvious who has the bigger peloton here!
 Riders are often told to get in the breakaway for try and get some exposure, Dave Watson's idea was better.
 The most EPIC jump combining two sports that are similar, but also so different for a reason!
 If I write the most clever comment I'll win?
 This is supposed to be a No Fly Zone!
 He thinks: I'm totally going to land this, BROWN POOOOOWWWW"

Then he bails. Hard.
 its a bird, its a plane, no its a guy on a mountain bike... sound awesome!!!
 You know what makes boring road biking that your dad makes you watch even better...some badass dude jumping the leaders
 I remember seeing this when I was just getting into riding and it was pretty inspiring. True hero
 I bet road bikers thing to there self wow guys we actually suck that guy is hauling and were just rolling
 super Dave Watson .et on dit merci a ce rider d avoir montré la voit a tous les rider de maintenant !! Smile
 "Mr. Watson, come here. I want to see you."
 its funny how pretty much everybody is oblivious to the fact that there is a mountain biker flying above them
 Good thing someone photographed the sequence, you know the rules....."Pics or it did not happen". 8- )))
 You know, I might be a little off the trail. But who doesn't like creative shortcuts!
 I love all of the oblivious people in the crowd. They must have been pretty confused in the seconds following this feat!
 This was truly a revolutionary stunt that showed how much us mountainbikers hate roadies
 Hey guys look at that guy flying over us, I hope my wife doesn't see this cause he has bigger balls than any of us!!
 this is so awesome... riding road bike is tough but freeride is a lot more awesome
 No wonder roadies seem to hate us, if only he landed it, they would treat us like gods!
 Did the UCI urine test Dave after the jump? His bike certainly wouldn't have been under the weight minimum.
 I´ll take some serious shortcut and be in finish line in record time haha Smile )

Great jump
 One of many videos of this fantastic feat.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDLCuIlm8I0
.....i just like the music.
 One of the most iconic moments in Disorder films and legendary Freeride shot.
 did he actually miss the roadbikes on this car? ...bad timing! ;D
 Keep it civil! Be constructive and on topic when their is a mountain biker at a road race
 is it a bird? is it a plane? nope, it's steve peat's french cousin!
 Lance Armstrong passes to the front of the pack and Dave hucks it over the pack
 This stunt is the equivalent to a french man drivin a dirtbike over the superbowl in the US.
 This photo inspired me to jump over pope's car, But it was just inspiration, never had those balls...
 Would be sick if there was a vid and he kicked one of the racers in the head on the way down haha
 Mountain bikers 1 roadies 0
 The only thing he's missing is his cape
 love WATSON painted on the road and his back tyre tapping the red and white tape...
 Hey guys, I found a short-cut!!
 Its a BIRD! It's A PLANE! ITS.... wait thats not super man... Was that just a f*cking bike?
 a leap of faith and when faith leaves you evoc saves the day (he ate it and dropped his pants but still made sports personality of the year with the bbc for this one)
 Nice trow , but Why the hell that dude is inside the trunk covered in a blanket????!
Bodies disposal at the tour????
 hah it was many years ago but it still keeps me with a big Wow in my mind such as this new evoc pack ;P
 was gonna say something witty, but then i saw the top comment was boobs, well played sir.
 Everyone is either thinking "What the F*ck" or "What a huck"
 notice how the bike tire just barely scrubbed the rope? balls to the walls boyz!
 its a bird, its a plane, no its a mountain biker!
 Best comment !!!!!!! I Win!!!!!
 soo wanna see a few more photos at the end , because the rebound looks like its going to take him out
 Classical music and heavy metal, all in the same theater, playing at the same time. And look at the timing...
 love how they wrote watson on the road, and cant beleave he clips the tape as he lands, dudes a BOSS
 1 mountain biker was waaaaaaaaay more interesting than 100 road cyclists
 dude whos that man he can fly like a bird REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGSSSSS
 Why road when you can FFLLLYYYY!!!!!!!
 Hey, did you know there was a road race today?
 This guy should be medicated because he is way to sick to be on his bike!
 these wheels were made for flying
 cam zink would say "can i 3 this"
 All spandex - full (face) glory!!!
 man! i been trying to find a poster or picture of this forever, anyone??
 That was no downhiller. That was a roadie taking a short cut.
 Hey ladies... the trail is up here!
 This is Mountain bike history! This is le Tour de France!
 " You're going the wrong way!"
 spine protector? i could use that!
 Liberté, égalité, big-air
 BIG BALLS! that is all enough saaid.
 After seeing that the Roadies balls just got even smaller!
 Touch the tape and get 2 points......
 damn that evoc bag is rad
 saw this on u tube wa a ledge
 you aint got nothing on that!!! Razz
 Way to show the roadies!!!!!!!
 Now thats proper riding! Dont see the fascination in road riding, you can travel down any road in a car, cant take a car up and down mountains!
 Even Danny hart and the athertons ride road bikes.
 There was the road gap, now we have the road bike gap !
 Tour De France got a little easier to watch
 The only rider in this picture who is on a natural high!!!!!!!!!!
 I would like to see Lance Armstrong gap the Tour of France.
 well I guess he can say he flies on the descents...
 This is some real FREERIDE! Freeride Spirit is alive
 You either gotta be good or be good at it
 Aye Pierre, I tink I have some mud in my eye.
 Its all fun and games until you go over your handlebars.
 Red Bull Rampage is getting clever in converting cycling fans.
 hey look the one rider in that picture that has BALLS!
 that landing is so smooooooooth
 Here it is shown that it takes balls MTB and road cycling legs only.
 when i grow up. I wanna do a tour de france gap!
 It how I'd want to overtake the Peloton!!
 "Here I Come to Save the DAAAAAAY!!!!"
 Road Bike and uci are so overrated
 The Alp d'Huez stage approves aerial surveillance of the peloton.
 This was the quickest way to get something in common with Lance.
 did he crash in the end? like when he landed?
 its a new camera angle...
 notice how no 1 seems to be watching the race....haha
 The moment people realized mt biking is whats up!
 "WATS' uppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!"
 If this was a pancake it would be a really good pancake
 What climbs up must HUCK down.
 Why downwards is better than upwards...
 Better test Dave for performance enhancing drugs. He was pretty high....
 Hey! I can read my own name from here!!
 the only interesting thing of the tour de france Wink
 "Look mom, no performance enhancers!"
 Freeriding.......the only style going forward, not in circles!
 Nope, its still boring from up here!
 "Wait, what.... there are no road bike bikes at the rampage!!!"
 Money or fun ? he chose !
 its a bird! its a plane! no, its a mountain biker!!!
 Trying big gives a chance to success and the pain feels sweet...
 Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the TOUR DE FLIGHT!
 I hit this gap once, then you I saw your face and crashed!
 This is the high class action on high class event!!
 Thats right! Show em' roadies who are the best!
 yep i think he does run sombrio clothing with a few others
 I bet his balls are so big he cant even sit down!
 how am i suposed to win the backpack if i don't have words for this? O.O
 he should of worn lycra like the road cyclists
 lets give these fans something to cheer for.
 "Hey look, there's a road race today..."
 That is pretty sick
 Why exhaust yourself by going up, when going down is much more fun!
 There are so many shit comments on this feature.
 Its a bird it's a plane ........... Nooo it's a downhill menace
 he has showed how to ride a bike correctly Smile
 this picture should be the defintion of INSANE in the dictionary Big Grin !!!!!!
 "Ew i can see up his shorts!"
 The hardest part of learning how to ride a bike.
 Well at least the Tour De France edit will have a decent crash section!
 Roadies always under my wheels
 Super Dave jumps tour riders in a single leap...of faith.
 And The winner of the tour de France is..... Dave!!!!
 Try hittin' that on a road bike! Big Grin
 And the road cyclists thought they were flying then the mountain biker showed them how its done
 This must be a awesome feeling. Respect!!!
 Jump that Roadies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 awesome man!! sticking it to the Lycra clads!!
 Dave Watson!!!!!1 Nice Freeerider!
 two faces of our sport challenging elements
 They see me gappin', they hatin'!
 Downhill is always better than uphill
 Hey Roadies i found a Shortcut !!
 place snappy backpack winning comment here
 Rock n' roll is free so come and get it!
 this remembers me "tight ski racers" and "free riders" .....i all action sports there is people that get it wrong.
 "Hey roadies, You're going the wrong way!!!"
 Real man fly's above the road riders! xD
 One small step for man, one giant leap for free-riding
 roadies then trains whats next to jump over?
 Uci was propably pissed because he showed the world the fun side of cycling Smile
 i don't like letting my bike touch the road either
 I'm going Down like a Boss, bitches!
 It is this moment, above all,that makes me proud to be a mountain biker.
 i first saw this on a video it looked well ace
 Does anyone know which way is the quickest to the Finish Line??
 if carlsberg made the tour de france this would be it
 I say they try it again in this years tour
 mountain biker have always been a couple steps above road bikers
 its a shortcut. I think...
 i like frame 11..............endo
 Wonder what the fine is for being that awesome
 the 5 seconds watching the tour was ever cool...
 by far the best one so far.... this was a turning point in mtb history!
 dave sending it over a shwarbly mountain road
 dave sending it over a shwarbly mountain road
 Going over a road, is more fun than going on a road!!
 As a road rider in this race would say:
"Oh crap whats that!, Oh wait its just one of those cyclist who actually have fun, dang it. All this spandex wearing, leg shaving, granny gearing, hill climbing is for the birds. Any one wanna buy a road bike? I need some cash for a Specialized Demo!"
 the historic tour de watson and tour de france intersection, always an exciting stage of our sport.
 I guess this is Tour De France Germany style!
 bikers meet BIKERS, leap of faith!
 this is real biking. pfff, roadies.
 road cyclist: aww maan! I wanna do that!
 I feel rudeness for Roadracing. I am ashamed as a Mountainbiker.
 Always has and will be the true revolutionary freerider in my mind!, nothing has yet to top that..defining moment in freeride right there.
 Putain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Dropping into the history of biking. Like a boss.
 Road Gapping some roadies
 "Hey, I'm going to win, the others guys still in the uphill, so wide open!!!"
 Wheres the peloton?
 After reviewing the suggestion box, UCI attempt to bridge the gap between road riders and down hill.
 "Hey Armstrong, sure you can climb. But can you do this!"
 the art of flight. . . mountain bike edition
 The Downhiller just wanted to give the roadies a birds eye view of how big his balls were.
 Oh SpandaLero!!!!
 Now that's a short cut!!
 who won last weeks?
 He crashed because of the huge balls.
 " look mum theres a airplane in the sky "
 Take that spandex!
 The main difference between mountain biking and road biking is that with mountain biking you don't need drugs to get high.
 ever heard of a tripod?
 What a bad*ss is all I can say.
 No.... This is how your ride a bike.....
 You should see what happens next...
 ... didnt exactly ride away from it. But still awesome!
 well he has picked the quickest way down the mountain.
 BAAANGAAAARAAAAAANG!!!!
 In "Roadies" dreams!!!!
 One man humiliating a whole scene in a blink of an eye!
 they can't see me rollin'...Cause i'm droppin' ABOVE THEM AAAAHAHAAAAAHAA!!!! Dave Watson 4 Freeride Legend!!
 Look mom, he's flying
 This is why we go mountainbiking
 The frame of this bike is at my local bike shop, looks wrecked!
 fuck you uci! ride against the machine!
 that proves the X axis is better then the Y axis :3
 wowwwwwwww sexy or what!
 Holy S*** Batman
 "just wanna catch the finish"
 Where is Dave now?
 Probably in jail
 I think he runs Sombrio
 Yep. Founder and M.F.C.E.O.
 Doesnt count haha
 This says... Park your none-sense and ride your bike...
 Everyone can ride on a road!!