The crew has been busting their butts getting the park ready for this early opening! If you see the Crew, one of the few Volley Trail Crew Guys or the Patrol Members helping out, give them a big hug or a strong pat on the back, because there has been some long days getting this weekend off the ground. Mother Nature seems to be dealing a mean hand this year. After the snow storm of June 6th that dealt 52cm of snow to the top of the mountain and snapped hundreds of trees the guys had to go back and revisit every trail we buffed and cleared ready for opening. That storm brought more trees down than the entire winter on top of losing 5 days of work to let all that snow melt.
The good thing the Crew was well rested after the storm and have been given'er ever since!
Here is the hit list of trails ready for the weekend: Easy St
- The green trail to the bottom is buffed and almost ready to go. We had a bridge wash out and are currently working on it. This one is going to be close. Please check with Tickets when you arrive Saturday to see the status on this trail. Blast Off
- Ready, Buffed and will be my first run for sure! Comet Trial
- It will have a few rain tunnels so keep your head up on your first lap too make sure you don't get hooked into one of these babies, as well as watch out for a few water bars that have added to this trail. Down Town
- This trail is as good as it gets. I love ripping this one early season while the dirt is still nice and tacky Dag's
- Okay all you racers.... The cheat lines have been eliminated and the line set. We gave Dags a good buffing and the way it sits right now is the way we will be running it for the BC Cup Race July 22nd. There will be no need to go moving the debris around to make your line faster because we will be hard taping the whole course. You are better off to learn your line; as this will be the Race Course. Besides, Trail Crew hates having to fix braid lines on any trail. It makes work for us when we would rather be building you Gnar (the new Double Black single track) World Cup
- We are getting to it this week. However, there may be more snow at the top this year versus last year. Unless we get some warm weather be prepared for the meat locker at the top. WC is good to go until Paved. We are going to keep the trail closed from paved path down until we get a bit more dry weather and can build up the berms out on the ski runs. Snake Pit
- unfortunately will be closed for the bonus weekend. Look for it come the regular opening on the 29th. Double Dog
- Oh ya Baby! This trail got a bunch of Love this spring. The very upper section will be under snow for a bit, but from the WC junction down it is ready to go and looking good! Flow
- This technical single track is begging for the traffic this Bonus Weekend. Good to go from Top to Bottom! Shazam
- As per every spring the lower half of this trail will be late to open. The artesian springs are in full effect and it is a swamp down there. The upper section is all good to go! Pipe Dream
- Top to Bottom this trail is buff and feeling good! You know where to find me! LTG
- All good have fun! Some features will be closed mind you, but the trial is in great shape. Super Star
- This trail will have the biggest deep freeze in BC. If you rode it last spring you understand, if not it is a cool feeling to be flying down a trail that is buff under your tires but 3' - 5' snow banks keeping you in. The very lower section is getting some machine work this week. Some of the berms are getting enlarged, the straight breaker section is getting some rollers, and the whole trail is mint! Rock Star
- Good to go Top to Bottom. We were hoping to get the new section open for this weekend but unfortunately we are dealing with Mother Nature. Look for it soon! Challenger
- The upper section will remain under snow for the time being. Please access Challenger Via upper Paradise. Once you go under the Blue over pass watch for it about 75m on your right. This trail we start getting re-worked early July. Pro Star / Walk the Line
- We are keeping this one closed for the weekend. Sorry gang, it is on the North Aspect and is still way too wet and soft, if it sees traffic so soon it may stay closed for weeks. Please respect all closures! And we lost some of the bridge work under the heavy load of the snow. We will be re-building the Skipper and will have it ready for the 29th. FYI we are changing the Mother jump too. So please check it out your first time through. This bonus weekend will allow you to get your jump game back, so hang in there! Hiking Trails
- all clear and ready for foot traffic. The new Prospector trail that goes from the Village to bottom of Comet should be a hit!
We will see you all out for our first ever Early Season Bonus Weekend. Let's show the Mountain we are keen to ride. See you on Trails! Don't forget we reopen the trails on June 29th for the rest of Summer and we are open LATE every Wednesday AND Friday starting June 29th!!!
Check out Matt Butterworths early season vid from last year here:summer.skisilverstar.com