Video: US Grand Prix Mountain Biking Port Angeles

May 6, 2013
by Kevin Haynes

Title image by Paris Gore.
Video: Strava Wars
34458 views

I kind of want some of those DVO's..
 CG + DVO = pure, fast, awesomeness
 They are out in August, I already have asked the DVO staff if they need a kidney.
 they're gonna be worth every penny! it felt amaaaaaaaazing!
 We know nothing about the reliability of this fork, so I'm very suspect. They have never done anything, so I'm guarded but hopeful.
 my prediction about dvo: same story as with BOS few years ago but with better marketing. Everyone wants the product before even someone rode on it. Do not misunderstand me, I am keeping my fingers X for these guys. Their customer service looks brilliant (much better then the BOS or FOX) and I hope it would be the same when Emerald officialy hits the market. Anyway my point is that we need to wait for a while (a year maybe?) with judging the new hi-end fork. After that I would be glad to say: yeah DVO is exactly the same as they told us (if they will be).
 My prediction about DVO: They are not out yet, we know a very little about them, but people want them so bad already because they look cool and CG is rides them. Sadly, DH has become a sport of posers.
 "DH has become a sport of posers."

Exactly.
 Speak for yourself... some of us know quite a bit about DVO and wanting them has nothing to do with posers or hype. If you know who the people behind the company are and the technology they're putting into their fork, you're stoked because it's awesome. DVO is basically everyone who made Marzocchi MTB worth a damn at a new company doing a design they strongly feel is better than what's already being done. There's like 80 years worth of mtb suspension experience going into DVO's products and they're taking some interesting approaches to suspension because of all that experience... looking cool and sponsoring CG is entirely secondary.
 Mtb is a posers sport from the very beginning. Although some are out of that and thats what keeps me into it
 I just like green.
 @badbadleroybrown

Exactly right, the guys behind this are very experienced, the fork has been tested for quite some time. I still am yet to see good numbers on the fork though. They talk about the bridge making it 50% stiffer....but 50% stiffer than what? we need to know what the stiffness is like without it for that number to mean anything. It might be 50% stiffer but it still might not be stiff enough (pretty sure it will be though aha if CG is on it). Im awaiting a good test between these, how they compare to the bench mark forks of today, 40 rad, 888, BOS, dorado (obviously a great usd comparison). with some good tests relating to weight, torsional stiffness, for-aft, performance on rough and smooth tracks and all those thing that that pertains like tracking, sensitivity, reliability, Compressions, rebounds, all that stuff.

What they have released though sounds very impressive and im excited to see what impact they make on the market.
I'm expecting the BOS air to be a pretty good fork too, the numbers are fairly impressive and performance reviews sounds promising.
 Indeed, DH has become a sport of posers. A lot of people ride Boxxer WC, 509gr tires, carbon rims, goggles with think lenses and cannot ride for shit!
I would love to have a DVO because I hate FOX (overpriced) and RockShox (overpriced shite). Marzocchi want to perfect the USD fork, the Dorado's are quite expensive, so if DVO is a bit under the Dorado, I would not consider anything else. I am sure that they will work just fine, as long as they keep weight on the + side, nothing will go wrong Smile
 I don't know if the sport has become posers although there are plenty out, I think its more newbies come in whether young or old and they go where they think "the pros", they see what they use, see they get good results and grab them or they fall for advertising and old results ie worldcups, massive props in the past but have been overtaken by well most suspension companies. Finally a newbie or a uneducated person in bike parts are easily swayed by sales men and women.

I think the problem is knowledge, you tend to be a poser until you start learning about parts and learn more about the sport
 We all start from some where. Posers, newbies ,or experienced the sport is getting alittle more popular each year. Its easy to hate on a guy or girl with good equipment. Just shut up an ride your own bike till the wheels fall off.
 I live in Valencia where these guys are based. Some locals have already ridden and raved about. the tech is there the history is there and the experience is there. haters gon hate
 I just want the ENVE hoodie at 2:30. But its probably $300 since its made by ENVE.
 Thanks for the feedback guys! DVO is a company with a long history in the suspension business going back even before there was suspension for mountain bikes. This isn't our first rodeo and we know how to make suspension products that will last and more importantly, how NOT to make suspension parts! We have done extensive torture testing on machines to bend, break, fatigue, and now we are doing a lot of trail testing to ensure we didn't miss anything. There will always be small issues that come up, but it's the big issues we want to avoid! We have the years of experience to know that customer service and standing behind your product is key, you can have a great product but if there is no support, people will be afraid of it. DVO will have an extensive product support system at a global level, we have done a huge amount of work behind the scenes setting up our global programs and that's the reason why many distributors are lined up deep to get a chance to become a DVO distributor. Thanks for all the support! Cheers, DVO!
 In response to the stiffness of the Emerald, we feel that a fork with more compliance will ultimately be faster on the trail, work better, and won't transmit the harshness to the rider associated with other conventional style forks. The inverted design is really ideal for many of the bike designs where stiff carbon and aluminum frames are needed for pedaling efficiency but offer little in the way of compliance and comfort. The CTA does wonders to keep the inverted legs from twisting too much while still allowing movement that will ultimately keep the front end tracking straight. Our initial tests delivered data that was over a 50% increase in torsional stiffness over an inverted fork without the CTA, we tested both the Dorado and the Emerald to achieve these results. What we are doing now is a lot of ride testing so we can combine both machine & ride data to produce a CTA that performs the best in all conditions. Cedric Gracia has years of experience riding our competitors suspension and his initial feedback is very impressive. He's really pleased with the improvement in traction, damping performance, and comfort because his hands no longer hurt after 6 or 7 runs! Hit us up if you have anymore question, Cheers, DVO
 just incase you all don't know, the guys who started DVO are the same dudes who brought marzo back from the dead "performance wise". I have high hopes DVO will be a solid company with great products
 I hate gold and love green. Please make a green travel adjust long travel single crown. On a side note did Stevie Smith just beat Aaron Gwin on a rougher than Sea Otter track?
 Thanks guys! Appreciate the support. We all tried our best at our old jobs but just didn't have the support from head quarters. Now its all our own program and we know how important doing it right the first time is! Cheers, DVO.
 GREAT VIDEO ON MY BIRTHDAY .
 Happy Birthday!
 Jesus those guys shred hard, sick trails for sick riders
 five f-ing stars. great song choice.
 I want one of those houses on the river
 it was actually on Lake Sutherland. we rented one for the weekend (it's cheaper than getting multiple hotel rooms), plus u have the luxury of a kitchen, family room, deck, hot tub, etc. was super chill! great views, fishing & bald eagles! such a rad place! definitely going again next year!!
 damn man-horses are everywhere!
 Great vid of classic PNW racing. VOD worthy for sure!
 Great video, awesome atmosphere...makes you want to go shred
 gotta get my passport and check it out next yr
 Don't wait, we have another race in 2 weeks!
 GJ STEVE canada represent ! poor broke asses be hating. Posers are what keeps the money a flowing rich peeps will pay anything to to have bragging rights or flash.
 I wish all race coverage could feel like this
 Stevie is on fire, is top dog of 2013 WC
 Man, not sure about the bikes but I want that A-Frame house on the sound at the beginning! Wink
 That Soil......
 hard to find that here in aus.
 Wow that was really well done. Great video.
 Great video! Good to see a amped up fans on the side of the course. Need more of that!
 one word... HECKLERS!
 Crum dog millionaire has the best part at 3:34.
 Jammin' salmon!
 Westcoastracing
 Sweet jump for sure.
 hahah! Agreed!
 3:58 since when did it become a good idea to give a kid bars longer than he is Facepalm
 Saw this last week. Sick, but late.
 DVO forks looks so much more controlled, smooth and elegant than anything else on the market. I hope only great things come out of this company! Smile
 Thanks TrailShred, we have been working hard taking our 80 plus years of suspension knowledge and business experience to build some great suspension products. Cheers, DVO!
 let the inverted evolution begin, Again....
 I sure hope so! We need more companies to embrace the Inverted designs. Hats off to Manitou for sticking with the Dorado inverted design! Cheers, DVO!
 The Jury is still out there regarding DVO. So far over 95+% of the people on PB have never even rode it. A Video could show only so much and within the hands of these pro's it even looks more impressive which is to say that before people like me: The Weekend Warriors who just like to freeride and looking for a plush/comfortable suspension without competition in mind will have to rely on word of mouth or solid unbiased reviews before making the leap.

If there's one thing that I have noticed about mtb riders is that we are always open to change. I have switched from Marzocchi to RS to FOX and depending on the evolution of DVO, I could possibly make the jump in the future. I really wish them the best of luck and it was a great marketing move to get CG onboard. I'm sure by the end of this season I'll be seeing a few people with DVO's at the Bike park.
 Thanks z05m, appreciate the good words! Change is a good thing and we plan on shaking things up a bit. Since we are still in the final stages of establishing our base tunes for both the fork and shock we haven't got it into the hands of the media for testing. The big reason CG is on board is because of his testing brilliance, he can tell the difference between small changes and he knows exactly how the suspension should feel at World Cup DH speeds.This kind of feedback is invaluable for us and will the results will be a suspension package that will compete with the big boys right out of the box (without the black). We plan to get "test" products out there soon and we will also be in full force at Whistler with test bikes for riders who want to get a feel for the suspension first hand. Cheers, DVO!
 I think all tracks should have scenery like this shown in 00:30.
 Mr bryceland is in for a good year.
 yeah Kevin sick vid! Captured everything cool in a race vid!
 @3:50 woo woo!! awesome video Smile
 Way to be Smith!!
 awesome video!!!
 mmmmm, that dirt looks killer
 I WISH I COULD AFFORD A DVO!!
 What?!? The product is not out yet, you know pretty much nothing about it..
 except that like all brand new forks with a ton of hype IT WILL BE OVER $2000
 Yes, the Emerald will be over $2 grand but not because of the hype but more because of the quality. A products quality is the sum of its parts along with the design and we are using highest quality components and manufacturing processes to build the DVO suspension line. We don't want to build just another mediocre suspension brand, there are plenty of them already in the market. That's one of the reasons we all left our previous employer to start DVO, we felt there was a need for a great suspension product along with a business structure that stays connected to the riders. It's easy to make suspension that goes up and down, adjustments that don't adjust, and to sell products with very little support or education. But that's not DVO and for the price of the our products, each person becomes part of our company and supported with passion and appreciation. Cheers, DVO!
 wow... i feel so humble... DVO is talking to me!! Big Grin wow, i didnt mean it as a bad thing i was just concerned i dont have much money and the more i get into the DH realm of biking the more i see the need for better parts. As a customer im just concerned i may not be able to afford this ever. Do you think you will ever think of designing a product line that is geared towards people with less money? almost like a bargain line if you will.
 Hey Niles1401, we are listening to everyone and love to hear the feedback! Not sure if we will ever do a bargain line, we feel there are plenty of good mid priced products out there and the real hole in the suspension world is at the top end and we hope to have ya as a customer someday! Cheers, DVO!
 I saw Mylan chasing Stevie for a second there.
 Great song. Great video!
 Sick video!! Props!!
 brooky!!!!!!!!!!
 DVO=sheet! (CG told my)
 what's that song????
 Did you watch the video until the end? 4:20 has your answer!