Video: Diaries Down Under - Episode 2

Mar 13, 2013 at 22:00
Mar 13, 2013
by Scott Secco

DDU 'Summer' Episode 2 from Diaries Downunder on Vimeo.

Diaries Down Under heads out of Queenstown for a little road trip. Check out a little taster of what else is on offer two hours away. We headed to the bike park for a few evening laps, the next day onto Alexandra to break up the trip before arriving at our final destination, Naseby. Join riders: Mike Hopkins, Kelly McGarry, Alex McAndrew, and Josh Clark on this little adventure.

New Zealand is like BC in the southern hemisphere, gotta go there at least once in my life.
 the south island is like bc*
 north Island...Mordor
 .....only dirtier
 Well all those New Zealanders are pretty dirty really.
 Plan - win lottery - buy houses in BC and NZ - ride the summers of both - ride - ride little more
 i spent a week riding in Naseby and there is nothing but a caravan park, a pub and 100s of kms of trails! it is amazing. Naseby is a hidden gem of a town in a hidden gem of a country! Big Grin
 Just don't breed with the locals. My warning to the world; not from experience of anything haha.
 Yeah there where a few close run ins, bloody sheepy kiwis.
 Vermont represent! Alex McAndrews for rookie of the year!
 Its great to see one of our local boy's making it happen!
 Home!!! Oh how I miss it (sometimes). Got to love the amount of great riding that Otago has to offer, then there's the rest of the country. So much different terrain and its easy to drive around both islands and try different types available in a matter of days.
 I need to start making a list of places to go to...hope to be down there next year with only a bike and the shirt on my back haha
 alex mcandrew reppin vt hell yeah
 Hopkins is such a ripper!!!
 it looks like Kelly is one of the coolest Dudes in this whole Freeride Circus !
 dont forget Cam McCaul
 How do Kiwis find sheep in long grass??? Very satisfying.....
 Lately alot of sick edits and pics have come out of NZ. I really wanna visit there sometime!!!
 I'd love to hear all the bro tales that this trip created. Awesome video, awesome riding--definitely something I'd love to do with my biking friends!
 Epic looking singletrack; very flowy. They make it look easy as falling out of a tree!
 Anybody know what the slide guitar song is that opens and closes the video?
 Nasbey was in the DropIn NZ series back in 05 right? Looks heaps familiar.
 Dude neon green mini van....Kinda awesome!!!
 Only problem Is you cant rent a car over there if you don't have your full license. So i still have 2 years until i can go.
 Except in the USA there's only one type of license.
 So you're telling me in America i turn and immediately get my full license? there is no learner or provisional license. Here in Aus we have to do a test of a computer to get a Learner license, with that we have to do 120 hours with a fully licensed driver, including 20 hours night driving. then a driving test after said hours are completed. then we go onto our red P's for a year, then another computer test, then on our green P's for a year. Im not sure if there is another test at the end of that though. So shit.
 Can't speak for America. But in Nova Scotia, I had to write a written test to get my learners, then do a driving test 3 months later (6 without a driver training course) and then I was good. After two years I got the N off my license and now I can drive at anytime and someone with there learners can drive with me.
 in America there is 3 types of licenses a,b,and c
 It depends on your state. In many, you can get a full licence, and drive by yourself, without restriction, at age 16.
 Shutes berms and beer..........what more can you ask for....women!
 Just realised i have ridin with the mtb guide in this video, stoked.
 So damn steezy.