Video: Gee Atherton - Llangynog Quarry Helmet Cam

Dec 22, 2012 at 0:09
Dec 22, 2012
by Scott Secco

To view the episode please head to redbull.com/fourbythree

Need to hold a BIG EVENT there! Sonething like a UK CRANKWORKS!
 Something tells me that this place is gonna take off.
 Should definitely be on the FMB calendar.
 Agreed 100% this needs to be pushed on for the 2013 season, I don't care what it takes
 Though the sounds of an even being held here would be cool, Why does an event need to be held at every riding spot to show how cool it is? Why can't they just build and ride at there own pleasure. After all they did say it was a place to unwind and get away from racing.
 After the fourth time watching it, I am still blown away from this helmet cam!
 That would be so much fun to rideSmile
 neck braces?
 That step-down towards the end made me poo myself a little
 i actually had the worst deoria on that last step up.
 I'll give a cookie to who ever does it on a hardtail
 Big crowds and money making clowns should stay away. Its not what the place is for
 I don't agree north wales should get some action with great venues like this its near imposible for an event not to be held there.
 Of course its not impossible.. It does not make it right though. 'Real' Mtbing is not about crowd pleasing, circus like events. You dont need a f-ing crowd and some premium hotdog sponsors to ride well and live it
 Where's Farmer Jack at?!
 He probably packed up after showing them how fast to hit it!
 The balls to guinea pig those jumps...

I'm sure they're really good at getting it right first time (building), but still... daymn.
 God i wish i was this good
 But you are dude
 I rather ride this than my wife anyday of the week and that's saying something as she's got a cracking arse
 pics or we wont believe you Wink
 Its true, Believe me i know
 Hehe !! Good crack !
 Looks like Dan has a future in building event style courses! Maybe some of the fmb stops should give him a call maybe crankworx...
 That step down looks like it's a long way down. Great video, thanks for posting it.
 I saw it when riding revolution. You could fit 2 buses length ways. No joke.
 @ Frosty, that was Farmer Jack... You didn't actually see Dan's face.
 It well looks like he doesn't have enough speed to take a few of them! I suppose technique is key :-) ace vid
 When you actually see the line in person, it’s more than twice the size you’d expect! I thought I’d have a go after watching this…
Got there - HELL NO!!! Those two are incredible to ride this line… FMB Guys would most probably poo themselves and call it off! the only trick you’d see is an X-Up as they’d all be too frightened to let go of the bars! Very intense line.
 That is a lot of air time!
 holy crap those are some huge ass jumps....props to both of them!!!!
 Well, theres a reason to go to the UK
 I thought the Athertons were sponsored by Contour not GoPro?....
 Looks like Contour has dropped them. Obviously WC overall win/3rd isn't good enough for Contour!
 so now gopro owhs the first and third fastest riders in the world and drift owns second....
 or they're not sponsored by any of those?
 That's a sick track for sure, way too gnarly for me! I'm sure they'll try to use this in the next anthill or coastal crew feature length
 i just want to ride this
 I don't. Holy crap.
 30 seconds in it looks like Dan just drops out of the sky, also he slips a pedal at the start!
 no, he put a foot out to take the corner, you don't slip pedals when you're clipped in
 It doesnt look like he is clipped in. Look at the last 10 seconds of the film when Dan dismounts he doesnt unclip he just takes his feet off the pedals. Plus you would have to be insane to clip in on this line...F THAT!
 revolution bike park has already taken off its amazing but u cant hit this lineFrown
 Best part about this video was watching it. Finding out llangynog is nly 27 miles from my house n Congo home from work to an uplift voucher at revolution. Razz
 Should say "DAN ATHERTON" in the title. Gee is just a side show on this one. This was all Dan all the way.
 Shit my pants awesomeness
 Dan Atherton should have he's own invitational event on FMB calendar
 That is awesome. Gee is the man not even one head bob
 it's mad because i thought Gee was the big jumper and then Dan does this so much smoother than his Bro, looks like Gee just made the last jump.
 I always got the feeling that Gee was the faster racer but Dan was always the one who liked to style it up. I mean, Dan does build all the courses in and around their land
 Can you really tell how well Gee is landing them though? Dan certainly didn't get them all perfect either.
 @ el-nombre look at the last jump Gee's bike pull him down on the lip you can tell he has just caught the lip, I'm not putting him down in anyway at all just didnt expect Dan to be the jumper that he is.
 Yeah, i realise he didn't make the last one too well but Dan didn't get it perfect either. Apart from that one, you can't really tell. But yeah i never really knew Dan was into the big stuff as much as Gee. It's no real surprise that he's pretty smooth though having ridden WC 4x for a while.
 First day riding them and first day riding the whole line in one and you are nitpicking? OH DEAR. Its not exactly the easiest of lines to get perfectly right is it
 Correction.. First or second day, but still..
 @neale1978 I'm not nitpicking ffs I'm just saying I didn't expect dan to be the jumper you always see Gee doing the rampage and the big jumps yet he says in the film his bro is the one that pushes him that's all. dick.
 Dan was the one that got Gee and rachel riding in the first place. Gee has been in the spotlight more but thats it. Watching this video and talking about how one jump was not landed perfectly IS nitpicking. I did not aim my comment at a single person either so you in fact are the one known as Richard.. Richard limpardo
 talk about state the obvious LOL Dan is the oldest and did start out in BMX yeah yeah we all know the story about the atherton's but thanks for the attempt at the history lesson. just to point out to you if you look at the video it was not just one I just used to most obvious to point it out to your incapable mentality. If you read my original comment all i said was that Dan was smoother which he was and second that he only just made the last jump which he did. it's typical of PB when you make a comment you always get some tool who has to put a negative spin on your comment so please do me and the rest of the site a favour and go delete yourself from life or just this site would be nice. idiot.
 My comment was from a general perspective. Its not me that began the 'Negative spin' You NITPICKING c*nt. Guess its my turn now hey NITPICKER. History lesson? Hardly you patronising CRETIN.

"just to point out to you if you look at the video it was not just one I just used to most obvious to point it out to your incapable mentality"

Yeah, already knew that. I merely (loosely) focused on your one lame observation you had to type about
 you hit reply to my comment yet it's from a general perspective? and it was you who started a negative spin by putting down other peoples comments, I guess your life is that sad it's all you have to try and make yourself look popular.
as for your final comment well..... Mr Keyboard warrior you big tough man you I'm board and lost interest so run along to mammy and go get your ass wiped . I won't be replying again as your not worth the effort, but before i go only c*nt on this site is YOU happy new year. WANKER
 Classy stuff. You really did this one with some feeling behind it. Pointing out that Dan or Gee dident land all the jumps perfectly is slightly rubbish to say the least considering what the film as a whole is all about and so in actuality thats where any negativity began.

" run along to mammy and go get your ass wiped"

This was a special moment, thanks for that. Made me laugh a little and it really shows a thing or two.

"happy new year. WANKER"

Thank you very much, and the same to you x
 so sick, wish i can do that...
 would love to go there just dont know if i would hit tht line Wink
 WELL F*%K ME!!!
 It is eerily quite when they are landing, incredible!
 wish i had the testes to send jumps like that
 That was well worth watching twice......make that 3 times
 What kind of helmet is that
 This was sick. Gee was just boosting those massive jumps!
 huge for sure! I had to watch this 4 times in a row....mad props!!!!
 roller coaster jumps
 Haha I was thinking the same thing
 That just looks like so much fun... just wow. Smile
 Awesome! Those jumps Look beautiful!
 M A S S I V E ! ! !
 I still cant stop watching this!
 Made my year right there!
 MeBig Grin o you ever get that feeling where you getting a bit too much air?
Dan:Nah!
 Not drinking Red Bull till Dan get's his sponsorship back!
 Dan was never sponsored by Red Bull. Only Rachel and Gee.
 UNBELIEVABLE TEKKERS
 That is crazy. Not even one head bob.
 not a fashion freak at all but why haven't one industries brought out a mountain bike full face yet ! these MX helmets just don't fit in at all !
 Fuck that, I'd be wearing an mx lid on those jumps for sure.
 the blue and redish kit they are wearing is Awful.But their riding makes up for that
 What do you mean "not to be a fashion freak"? You're being a fashion freak...
 ^ that is a valid point....
 Fu''*N fmx!!!!
 I got motion sickness watching this while trying to eat my breakfast.
 That was next level.
 Is just me or that camera record quality is lame....
 It's just you
 if your internet is slow the redbull player lowers your quality
 that looks so so fun
 this was sick, great!
 Sick! Perfect location for a speed and style event!
 Funnest line EVER
 i love how it just ends
 mad case on the lastjump
 sweet, unbelievable, Dan was so smooth
 Braaaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!