Video: SMX Pre-Season

Dec 17, 2012 at 0:00
Dec 17, 2012
by Matthias Garber

Our latest Edit from Stubai Zoo, showing our first days back on the SMX. We sure can't wait to finally ride some powder lines! Video: Martin Campi.

Totally I need To get one that looks to be so much f ing fun where do I get one cause here in Canada we got the snow for it and hell for the summer throw some good rubber and then go hit a skate park or local trails just make sure your on a downslope lol since there's no pedals sweet machines ( Santa I have been good please ship me for Xmas )lol
 im just commenting because i want it to tell me on my dash when someone answers this dam skull rider
 laughing my ass off dan Smile
 wish i had the $ to buy/find one
 They are northlegion snow bikes I think, but I can assure you that you are far too broke to get one haha and good luck finding one... Especially if you live int the us... Either way they look awesome but I can't find or afford one so I guess that Goes on the "get when I'm rich"-list...
 Or smx snow bikes but those must be newer since when I looked there was only northlegion and their website is horrible
 North Legion sells them, but not sure about shipping or price...
www.northlegion.com

If you have access to a welder and an old dj frame I think it would be rather easy to build yourself!
 it seems like they're no longer selling them... but it's an absolute DO-WANT-item!
 as i know northlegion stopped selling them on 2009 or 2010, sponsors went away cos there where not so many buyer's. Northlegion also sponsored some very good riders like, Semenuk, Zink, Berrecloth, Matt Hunter and some others, even Travis Pastrana ride one.

ONLY place i know who still may sell is this: www.northspain.es/tienda.php
 that fistbumb between him and that dude on the board was epic!
 Here you go you dam skull rider.

www.smxsnowbikes.com
 people make their own usually. i didn't know they were made by a company until now. check pinkbike or go to goodwill get a used bmx and skis and break out the welding torch and hammer and nails. it's tempting to build one...
 i was going to convert my dirt jumper for the witer but i need crapy skiis/ snowboard
 Lenz Sport makes pretty darn good snow bikes
 I heard the two skis are really hard to ride... Have you ever ridden one?
 ski arent that hard, they are easiy after u get used to them
 More resorts need to look into allowing these things, because they're awesome.
 well atleast in Finland i have not had any problems. so far have got to ride it any ski resort Big Grin
 agreed and snowdog85 ur lucky
 Must be nice to not worry about where you can go. I ride my bike on the local park hills.
 yeah, even they usually don't know what it even is, the curiosity in them lets me ride in them. they just want to see what tricks can be done whit it Big Grin
 SHUTUPANDTTAKEMYMONEYNOWKTHANX!!!!!
 OK, screw red bull giving you wings... just some SMX and kiss the sky baby!
 Not to say anything bad about SMX products, but you should really check out Lenz Sport ski bikes. Much more similar in ride to a DH bike. I'm a Lenz sport coach in Winter Park, CO and can't express how much fun these bike are. Check them out here:
www.lenzsport.com
 The resorts in Colorado are actually pushing hard for people to get proper ski-bikes ( two ski's ) as a new form of revenue. Check these sweet rigs you can rent at winter park/trestle made by lenzsport. Garunteed put these to shame. You can jump them as far as a moto bike with the big bike travel and 12 inches of snow, plus the whole mountain is your landing transition. www.lenzsport.com/skibike_main.php
 do you know if they have ski bikes in vail or near there?
 will trade my brother for one of these! definitely more useful than him too!!
 Aha, somebody who agrees with me!
 This is great, you can really do anything you want on a bike, they will take you anywhere!
 You call that a bike?
 Handle bars, fork, stand on it like a bike, frame, highly modified of course, looks like its part bike, so sorry if I offended you (but not really!) you want a cookie?
 Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning... all I meant is that there are no "cycling" parts (the ones that are circular). Settle down sparky.
 Www.smxsnowbikes.com can answer any questions.
The SMX north legion bike is around $2250 USD really great bike for jump and stomping the big tricks . But with its high wide peg form it does not carve the slopes so well. Personally I ride the SMX3ski carving snow bike from NZ . Designed around skiing and Mountain biking holds a much stronger edge 100% more control with its low gravity stable platform . We have them in Utah this season or I have some in Vancouver. To purchase order online WWW.SMXSNOWBIKES.COM, very helpful. 50% of resorts in the US and CAD do allow these particular snow bikes . And PS you won't case the jumps on these things they really do fly.
 2250... You gotta be joking man ! Worth maybe 500 but 2250 is taking the piss
 for everybody: I got a real SMX from north legion (like in the video). North legion doesnt sell these particular SMX anymore (bankruptcy), so there is only a chance if you find a used one. they used to cost 1100 euros when they where still available...so i dont know how you get 2250 dollars.

i was always wondering if you guys from 3skisnowbikes from NZ changed your homepagename to smxsnowbikes to get more hits if somebody searches smx on google?! are you even allowed to use the name?
i also find it funny that you use one picture on your HP of a guy jumping the real smx from north legion.
well i dont want to make the 3 skisnowbike look bad! i would consider buying it myself if i didnt have a smx but surely not for the price posted on the NZ hp.
really would like to try them one day though.

maybe riding on slopes 3skis are better than smx but i use it more for jumping in parks where smx is probably the most slopestyle capable snowbike over the 3ski and regular 2 skisnowbikes...the 3skisnowbikes are probably a lot lighter than the real smx which is a huge advantage...north legion's weigh 19kg and it is not always a joy carrying them through the villages in a skiresort...

so i really think you guys should think about your prices and reduce them a bit and try to get them to swiss/austrian and french alpes...me and some people i know from smxing know mostly where it is allowed to ride skibikes (in the alps) in generell and where it is prohibited. there is demand for these bikes (at least north legion smx). a friend and i run smx homepage on facebook and every year when winter starts people keep asking, where can i buy those...

i hope there is a future for snowbikes in skiresorts and i still dont get what kind of safety issues there are to ride snowbikes there...it is just a damn shame. i have heard they are also not allowed in whislter?? i think north legion had a bad marketing strategy...hope you are luckier!!
 ski bikes with just two skis are way better than these things. And you can make one by converting your mtb.
 I heard those are f-ing hard to ride...
 I have 2 of them and i find them relatively easy to ride. Its sort of like motocross and skiing mixed together but people who don't have any experience in snow seem to struggle with cornering and the idea of turning to slow down. Once you get the hang of it, you can go really fast and its alot of fun and they handle the steep slopes alot better than the 3 ski bikes.
 Those guys are ripping but that's the worst song I have ever heard lol!!
 Now I just wanna go skiing.....
 whats the best conversion kit company to convert to a ski bike?
 Alpine ski bikes. The kits are dialed. My buddy in Durango rides his intense HDTV race bike all year on the same mountain buy just switching out thee bb and wheels.
 Lol DH race bike.
 Sick!!!! i want one of those.. sad thing, if i get one, i couldn't ride it here in EC
 That was awesome, but last years video was waaay better!
www.pinkbike.com/video/223644
 those are thre first guys ive seen who are good at that eventhough they were casing the jump everytime
 Damn!! That looks so sick!!
 When will these be available in the US?
 any one help me where can i get one of thease
 This looks funtastic! And now the poll, smx or snowscoot?
 OR!!! SKI-BIKE Smile
 SMX feels closer to a slopestyle bike in feel.
 Anybody know how much these cost?
 about 1800
 SMX3ski carving snow bike
(CAD) (USD) $ 2750.00 Inclusive of international air freight
And insurance.
 were do you buy these ???
 Thats the life!
 i want it to snow Frown
 #redbull is the shit!
 Agreed they have some pretty nasty shit