Video of the Month - February 2013

Mar 6, 2013 at 0:09
Mar 6, 2013
by Tyler Maine

Video of the Month is an article showcasing the best Videos of the Day that were uploaded the month before. We take the most viewed videos from the previous month, and pick our favorites out of the top 10.

As with the POM the way the VOM works is the photos are ranked by number of views in the month that they're uploaded. It has nothing to do with overall number of view, or when or if the video was VOD. So if you upload an video on September 30th, and it becomes VOD on October 10th, it may have a lot of views in October, but it's only eligible for September's VOM because that's when it was uploaded. This means that if you have a video (or a photo) that you think has a chance at VOM or POM you should upload it in the first few days of the month, and definitely not at the end of the month. With that said here are the most viewed videos that were uploaded in February...

Views: 137,351    Faves: 1,212    Comments: 75

1. Jackson at Woodward Winter Camp 2012 by Peyto Dog (Connor MacLeod)

Views: 133,379    Faves: 1,305    Comments: 51

2. ALL or Nothing (Full Length Film) by Pira

(Password protected)
This video is password protected.

3. Aaron LaRocque - Prime Time by Mind Spark

Views: 75,609    Faves: 1,511    Comments: 62

4. Reece Wallace - "Into The Dark" by Chromag Bikes (Rupert Walker)

Views: 69,709    Faves: 1,123    Comments: 56

5. "Tyler Gorz - Winter Destruction" by Rupert Walker

Honorable Mentions include:

"Lahnvalley Crew: Whistler" by Lahnvalley-Crew. This is our first runner up with 46,669 views.

"Trevor Thew Shreds Mt. Tzou" by Scott Secco. 45,750 views.

Title image by Paris Gore.

Got owned by someone 1/3 my size, yessss
 I can't wait to see what he does when he's older... It's going to be mind blowing
 Hahahaha he is like stupid awesome. Like so awesome it's almost dumb. I can say as a grown man that I will probably never be that good.
 He'll probably quit biking for the rest of his life in the near future... He'll master the sport and get bored. Wink
 What the f*ck has happened to pb vids cant even watch them anymore :'(
 Sort it out Pinkbike, how else am i going to procrastinate from work
 Its probably because of the new player. Update ALL the stuff on your computer! Big Grin
 I hate constantly updating my computer to updated software that doesn't work.. stop trying to re-invent the video player. My computer is so messed up with trying to update that I can't even update Firefox or Safari anymore. No more updates. Nothing wrong with the old player..
 Meh.. stop whining. HTML 5 video players are a lot better than flash players. Tech needs to progress. Don't be anti progress because you don't have the time/skill to keep your computer clean and updated. I can see someone having this argument 10 years ago saying the exact same thing but browser video players nowadays are a lot better than they were back then.

Oh, and the old player performed poorly on my work computer, which isn't great to be honest, but the new one performs flawlessly.
 finally someone talking sense
 I'm fully updated and it still doesn't work...

Why did they need a new one again? Oh yea, they didn't... the old one worked fine...
 No updates left to do on my computer. This video player is crap. I'm not buying a $$$$$ Mac just to watch Pinkbike videos! Sort it out soon guys. Please!
 I can name two big issues for the old one out of my head. First if you wanted to start watching from a certain point in the video you had to wait for the player to load everything from the beginning and keyboard shortcuts were nonexistent. The first problem is just retarded and the second is very annoying for a power user. But nevertheless they should have added an option to use the old player if anybody had problems with the new one, like they did it on mpora.
 Gutted man ..The last Pinkbike Player was better than you tube and you replace it with this ?
Pink bike used to be the only place I could watch bike vids on a completely smooth player..
 You don't need a MAC. Download Safari - plays fine.
 I have had no problems and dont matter if its a Mac or PC, PC for me. I run firefox or IE and it works. Make sure your computers updated like everyone is saying.
 lol, don't mean to laugh at anyone but mines works perfectly and so did the old one, I've never had a problem with the video players so it kinda bugs me when on every video the top comment is someone complaining about the new video player..
 You need to put the crank in the front of your computer. This guy gets it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DArvPMlxHeQ.
 Get yourself an IPad dude it's the only way! ... No more probs for me...
 I don't have any issues.
 What the?? What the hell did I get a neg prop for this comment.....Jesus!!
 PRO-TIP , ignore props , if you can't ignore them then you probably should get a life:P
 You know that a video player is shit when you start a video, it doesn't play, so you pause it to let it buffer, and it doesn't buffer. then you walk away for a bit (like an hour) to get something to eat, come back and the 5 minute video still hasn't fully loaded. then you hit play, and a message pops up that basically says "F*** off, this video is broken."

And the best part? Everything was just fine with the new player yesterday. (I actually commented on another video that the player was working fine for me. Oh well, karma's a bitch.)

I assume that these videos which I cannot view are quite good...
 Don't fix something that isn't broken pinkbike. ie the Fucking video player!
 Or you know, there might be an issue with your internet connection. On OSX 10.6 and the latest & greatest of Chrome; things work rather smoothly.
 Jackson has the best parents on earth
 Own parents still the best regardless of what.
 mzk1997.... are you adopted or something?
 that was an a*shole comment "Wesselized" but i did laugh, making me a dick for laughing as a mean comment.
 I know it was an asshole comment. But it is kind of disrespectfull towards your own parents to state that.
 calm down dude i wasnt being serious...
 I'm sorry, but where's the bloody cover photo! Smile I clicked just to see it!
 When i was the age of Jackson i was still trying to colour in, without going out/over the lines...F***.
 This could be a good thing>forcing everyone to upgrade to Mac's. That 1st one is some pint size talent of goodness
 Big thanks PB for the "All or Nothing" segment. Very well done video and I love seeing the different styles that we all share here. Once again, Merci PB.
 Vid of the month should be decided by "favorites" not by "views"! Yes that kid rips for his age for sure, he is better than me but It is not the best video.
 Does any one have the link for the thumb nail photo
 into the dark....is that sparks from his back wheel landing the drop off at 1min 35s
 With no updates we'd all still be riding penny farthings guys... Some are good some are bad but ALL are required for future development .... Smile
 new technology is fine as long as everything else is ready for it.. Obviously there is a problem because every video on pinkbike has negative comments about the player.. A good site would make sure they have the bugs fixed before changing everything.
User friendly and happy users is better than going "wow, look at my latest tech site that no one can use".. Lol.. Keep it simple stupid.... The average user doesn't care about latest technology, they just want things to work when you click a button.. The only people that go wow over new tech is other computer programming nerds.. A good programmer designs things that are functional to the average user/customer..
 the vid plays ok with my win8 pc but won't go true full screen! I'm surrounded by Google icons & my task bar... this sucks... I want FULL screen back PB!
 What the f*ck is this new video player pink bike has.....worse that the last one, didnt think that was possible!
 I tinhk there was nothing wrong with the last player.
 Even if its not working its still better than Redbull player.
 at least i could watch a slide show on redbull. this wont even work
 anyone else having the audio flickery 95% of the time now? anyone know anything i can do?
 Update ur computer like you are supposed to, and no problems will arise
 Damn I can't see any video with this newplayer.... Frown
 just use the latest version of adobe and chrome...works perfect
 Jackson is such a prodigy and seems to have a great personalty, I hope his academics are tip-top as well!
 song for aaron larocque prime time vid?
 Dear the #1 video what is music ! Thank you very much!
 cracks by flux pavilion