Video:Colours of Kathmandu

Jan 23, 2013 at 0:06
Jan 23, 2013
by Mandil Pradhan

The city of Kathmandu is a ceaseless frenzy of chattering vendors, garish signs, pagoda-like temples, and the overpowering smell of incense. The surrounding hills, however, tell a different story.

A Himalayan Rides Production
A film by Gaurav Man Sherchan

Rider/Editor: Mandil Pradhan
Music: 'La Volta' by Michael Praetorius and 'Katmandu' by Bob Seger
Production Assistant: Rabindra Prajapati
Post Production: Gambir Rajkarnikar and Mokshya Production

Sometimes I forget that North Americans and Europeans aren't the only ones mountain biking. It's good to see our sport expanding.
 Yep. It's cool that people around the world ride mountain bikes. Smile
 I loved the soundtrack!! So good!
 Definitely, I live over in China and mountain biking is really growing here. It's really becoming global. And those trails in Kathmandu looked great!
 I really enjoyed this video, thanx for it, great job, very good music choice it was funny Big Grin , and the colours are wonderful, it seemed to me in some shots that this trails are bit similar to the ones in Italy, like you weren't riding in Kathmandu Smile definitely could worth a trip to there
 Just wonderful. Lets you think that there are so much trails in the world its just too much for a lifetime and you can't decide where to start... Nice bike, too. Banshee rocks!
 Yep, Banshee Rune V2 Rocks
 I've ridden in Nepal, just thought I'll let yous know... haha! It was awesome, and I'll be going back for sure! Such an amazing country and some fantastic people. If this place isn't on your bucket list, well you better put in on it! YEW!!
 Quality! I am going there next April on my bike, hopefully I don't feast every night on Yak testicles or get violated by a Yeti.
 Seriously good edit. It is awesome to see an edit from such a different place featuring a local rider, it makes it that much cooler. If I ever have the time and money, I'm definitely going to leave Kansas for more vertically oriented locales.
 Good for them, and us, maybe in the future you must not have 3 bikes with you, its been growing and theĀ“re may be bikeshops you can buy stuff & repair. Big Grin

Id like MTBing growing in my "other homeland" Kambodja Big Grin . Great trails there but no bikes. just for walking and the pumas
 A few years ago I spent two months there to learn Tibetan language, an boy did I regret not having a decent bike with me. Wonderful country and culture.
 kkkkkkkkkkkathmandu that's really really where I'm going toooooo!!! the song is great and the riding too.
 Nice one! I move to KTM next month for 12 months. Is there much of a riding community? I'm super stoked, but I will just need to find a bike when I get there.
 there is a pretty big xc community while the enduro/am scene is on the grow as well. i suggest you bring you bike over.
 Nice trails, got everything road, dust, rocks, mud, even a cow! Love it. Good video keep moving!
 really really nice
 nice edit, the soundtrack going from phone to surround sound was cool. Looks like a sweet place to ride.
 Amazing Trails! Guess I have to stay there couple days before going to the himalaya... someday Smile
 A nice reminder that the world is a wonderful ---- and colourful place
 Wow, what a great place and great trails! I would love to go to Nepal one day.
 Really sweet video!
 Couple of gourgeous pics on the front there. Nice
 Nice one, Mandil!
 sorry I am the typical yank, where the hell is kathmandu?
 you did not just ask that question.
 Its on the corner of f*ck you get an atlas. lol
haha all jokes aside, pretty sure its a big city or capital of Nepal, where Everest is.