Where The Trail Ends Wins At X-Dance

Nov 16, 2012 at 14:43
Nov 16, 2012
by Red Bull Bike

Red Bull Media House Image

bigquotesRed Bull Media House is dedicated to developing storytelling and cinematography advances within filmmaking. Red Bull Media House is proud to partner with the world's best action sports film producers and most talented professional athletes. - Scotty Bradfield, Head of Production for Red Bull Media House

Made in association with Fish Munga, the movie CONGO: The Grand Inga Project, which documented legendary kayaker Steve Fisher’s epic first descent of the world’s biggest rapids in the Democratic Republic of Congo, won Best Film. Fisher, who also directed, produced and edited the film, won Athlete of the Year.

Flowing at over 1.6 million cubic feet per second, the Inga Rapids are some of the world’s most dangerous rapids. Fisher and his highly-skilled expedition crew were the first paddlers ever to navigate the rapids successfully.

bigquotesThe way he told the story, the characters he introduced, and the river itself - it all made for a winning film. We judge on all elements of filmmaking, including cinematography, editing, storytelling, music, and action, and in CONGO, every aspect was done well. It's a film that will transcend its sport. - X-Dance Festival Director and Head Judge Brian Wimmer

CONGO was the first kayak movie ever to win Best Film at X-Dance, and it’s also the first time Athlete of the Year has been awarded to an athlete who also directed the film.

Red Bull Media House Image

bigquotesThis film festival means a lot to me because it's the only one completely dedicated to action sports. To have that panel of judges call my film the best action sports film of the year is the most satisfying moment for a filmmaker. I had two goals: To be the first to kayak the world's biggest rapids and to legitimize myself as a filmmaker. I'm proud to say I was able to do both. - South African native Steve Fisher

Red Bull Media House and Freeride Entertainment’s Where the Trail Ends, which followed the world’s best freeride mountain bikers as they searched for un-ridden terrain around the globe, won Best Director for Jeremy Grant and Best Cinematography for Brad McGregor. The film documents man’s challenge with Mother Nature through a cast of colorful characters and showcases the most progressive mountain bike riding ever seen.

Red Bull Media House Image

bigquotesThis is an awesome achievement for the entire team behind Where the Trail Ends. This was a huge collaboration between a lot of talented and passionate people and without every one of them, it wouldn't have been possible. - Director Jeremy Grant

For more about CONGO: The Grand Inga Project or to purchase your own copy of the film, please visit www.ingaproject.com.

For more about Where the Trail Ends or to purchase your own copy of the film, please visit www.wherethetrailends.com.

For more about the X-Dance Film Festival, please visit www.x-dance.org.

About Red Bull Media House:
Red Bull Media House is a global media company that creates compelling sports, culture and lifestyle programming and distributes it across multiple platforms. From film to television, print to digital and games, Red Bull Media House content is optimized for any device or platform. For more information, go to www.redbullmediahouse.com.

Well its hardly surprising! It was such a sweet movie!
 I was bummed when the movie ended. I really gotta buy the DVD. Whens part two coming out?!
 What's with the gopro logo on the announcer stand when Contour was like THE helmet cam of the whole movie?
 gopro apparently sponsors the x-dance film festival
 Part 2? Well geez thanks for the spoiler alert.
 i´m not into kayaking, but i definitely want to see the this Congo movie.
here is the trailer link www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1glN7aZyEQ
 whoa. pure gnar.
 That Inga Project movie is by far, the sickest Kayaking I have ever seen...Where the Trail Ends still takes the cake.
 The article title is kind of deceiving. Congo won best film. WTTE won two awards. That's huge, but the title makes it seem like it cleaned up.
 I agree with you, but its likely that a title like "Kayaker wins best film at X-dance" wouldn't spark interest in most pinkbikers. much respect to kayakers and to CONGO though
 Fair enough. To be perfectly honest it doesn't really bother me that much. It just seemed that some of the commenters hadn't read the article. But then that's not really a surprise.
 ^ oh totally. e.g. the comment directly below? "I don't know why anyone else turned up"

Perhaps to accept awards for best film and athlete of the year - y'know, the pinnacle of the evening.
 Lol. Well put.
 I don't want to piss on the parade but I can't read all these comments about WTTE without saying that I thought it was a big anticlimax. Endless big mountain heli shots that despite being epic- I tired of them after 10-15mins. I found my mind wondering elsewhere when watching it- THAT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN. I swear it seems that people are just going along with the hype because it's got Redbull written on the front. Anthill, Larock, Silvia are better MTB film makers than RBMH will ever be IMO.
 They advertised the movie for what it was going to be. Why did you watch it if you aren't into big mountain riding? Also your attention span is 10 minutes...wow.
 Who said I don't like big mountain? I mainly dirt jump because I live in quite a flat area but I wouldn't even want to watch a DJ video that lasted that long. My point is that it needed more variety to HOLD my attention. You can continue to fight the cause for a video you had nothing to do with if you wish- but these forums are here for people to express their opinion. It's so funny when people get defensive over stuff like this. It doesn't bother me that you liked it... why does it offend you so much that I didn't?
 I am expressing MY opinion...I am not offended at all...why are you even assuming that? If you express your opinion on here and I have a different one then that is cause to argue. Or did it offend you that my opinion differed?
 I am assuming you're offended because rather than make an intelligent comment of your own you decided to respond to my comment with an insult over my attention span. Pretty clear sign of a reaction. Either I upset you or you're just a noob. I'm not the only one who was a little underwhelmed by WTTE. I am more than aware that people have differing views- this thread makes that pretty bloody obvious numbnuts.
 Um...you were the one that said that about your attention span. I am a noob? Ouch LOL. Numbnuts ouch again. You're hurting my feelings with your insults. Wait didn't you just say responding with insults either mean you're a noob or offended? So which are you?
 I did not comment about my attention span- you did. I said my mind wondered because WTTE is boring- I would have paid further attention if it was any good. You're right- my comical 'insults' were a result of me being truly offended by you being an utter spastic.
 Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Loser!! 1-0
 I don't know why anyone else turned up
 that kayaking movie is nuts!
 Easily one of my favorite movies. Epic. There is no other way to describe it.
 when will the bunny come ?
 who'da thunk it eh?...