Where The Trail Ends - Vancouver Premiere Tonight

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:41
Nov 9, 2012
by Tyler Maine

Red Bull Media House and Freeride Entertainment combine high tech film, sound and end-of-the-earth settings, on a stunning quest alongside a cast of the world’s premier mountain biking adventurers.

It was announced today by Red Bull Media House and Freeride Entertainment that Where The Trail Ends, a ground-breaking mountain biking adventure film, will have its Canadian premiere at two event screenings in Toronto and Vancouver. With director Jeremy Grant and several riders in attendance, the Toronto premiere will take place on October 28th at the TIFF Bell Lightbox. The Vancouver premiere will follow shortly after on November 9th at the Vogue Theatre.

A new era of action sports films in the 21st century will spin further into the future with the release of Where The Trail Ends this fall. Produced by Red Bull Media House, in association with Freeride Entertainment, the movie is set to be a global cycling spectacle unlike anything ever captured on film. A teaser for the film and behind-the-scenes footage is available to view below:

Views: 164,533    Faves: 1,575    Comments: 93

Where The Trail Ends is the culmination of three years of travel to the farthest reaches of the globe, including the Andean foothills of Salta, Argentina, China’s challenging Gobi Desert, Nepal’s near-secret Mustang region, the unexplored shorelines of British Columbia’s Fraser River and Virgin, Utah – big mountain freeriding’s birthplace, and punishing proving grounds.

Where The Trail Ends’ storyline follows professional mountain bikers Darren Berrecloth, Cameron Zink, Kurt Sorge, James Doerfling, Andreu Lacondeguy and another half dozen of the world’s top freeriders in an extraordinary chronicle of exploration, chaos and culture, set amongst some of the globe’s most harrowing and remote natural landscapes.

Inspired by Red Bull Media House’s extraordinary The Art Of Flight snowboarding documentary, this is the soul and science of exploration as defined by two wheels. “The experience of making the film is something viewers will see first-hand. It’s the story of what it took to get there. And what it was like to experience the ultimate ride,” says rider Darren Berrecloth, considered one of the world’s preeminent freeriders. “We went into regions almost entirely unknown. We often never knew whether we’d succeed or fail, or worse.”

Freeride’s crews created the project’s remarkably compelling tone, footage and narrative using the highest performance tools in film as well as an array of transportation and perspectives, from jet boats, helicopters and fixed wing aircraft, to the riders themselves. Partnerships with Contour, hands-free HD video cameras, and Specialized Bikes were vital to the project’s success.

[Quoten]This is a story coming from the riders themselves, it’s authentic and innovative, the way it should be. - Geoff Rogers, Specialized Sports Marketing Manager[/Quoten]

Tickets for the Toronto screening will be available at the TIFF Bell Lightbox box office for $12 each.

Complimentary Admission with Red Bull Playgrounds
To earn complimentary admission for you and a guest to the Toronto screening of Where The Trail Ends:

• Install Red Bull Playgrounds on your iPhone or Android
• Track the Toronto screening of Where The Trail Ends
• Display to the box office agent at the TIFF Bell Lightbox, starting Weds, Oct. 24 (offer subject to availability)

Red Bull Playgrounds is the only social discovery app that turns the world into your playground. Whether you’re into sports, nightlife or both, it helps you shape and enhance your lifestyle. The app is now available on the App Store for iPhone and Android as well as on the web.

Pick up your own copy of Where the Trail Ends here.

About Red Bull Media House:
Red Bull Media House is a global media company that creates compelling sports, culture and lifestyle programming and distributes it across multiple platforms. From film to television, print to digital and games, Red Bull Media House content is optimized for any device or platform. For more information, go to www.redbullmediahouse.com.

About Freeride Entertainment:
Established in 1997, Freeride Entertainment has produced mountain bike film making’s longest running series, multiple freeriding events and discovered first-ever venues all over the world. Its scope of services having since expanded to many genres of action and motor sport, today the Nelson, British Columbia-based production house has created film, TV, commercial and on-line content in over 40 countries, in some of the planet’s most challenging environments. Where The Trail Ends marks the company’s return to the setting of its creative and inspirational origin; a project that in part defines Freeride’s 15-year body of work, as well as its dedication to the world’s wondrous places and mountain biking’s international development and evolution. www.freeride-entertainment.com

I dont knwo why some people didn't like the movie. To me it's one of the best, or the best so far. All the other movies seem to have every single F++kin shot in slo mo on this one you can actually see the speed. It's an awesome movie. Bearclaw was great at narrating and the movie is great! IMO
 It was an awesome movie and an awesome party, drank tons of beer and hung out with the bro's and pros. This was the 4th time I saw the movie including the 3 times I saw it for free on pinkbike. It was still entertaining, but not all the sponser stuff and the talking. Why can't anybody ever make a movie with no sponsors and no stupid talking?
 No sponsors - No money - No movie.
 Protour can go ahead and make his movie with no funding and no talking, see how many people like a movie made with a pinhole camera and 10 minutes in length..
 Definitely worth the go. You'll miss a great show. Toronto was graced with Kurt Sorge and the film crew. I had the time of my life with the film crew, Kurt and just hanging out with fellow racers and photographer Marc Landry. Get your tickets and poo into the show.
 GO to the show not poo lol sorry guys
 epic misspelling ! Big Grin
 When it came out there was a lot of talk about the narrative and how it took mountain bike movies to the next level, but for me personally 'Seasons' had a much more cohesive narrative and was more enthralling to watch and Life cycles was more spectacular visually.
 Agreed, although i dont think we need a narrative at all, dude bro you know its all about pushing your limits bro and dude... you know we came out here to shred bro and...
 Why not in Whistler?
 Yeah I was kind of thinking the best place to have THE premiere would be in BC not the States, not that I'm complaining though.
 Whats the point of premiering a movie that has already been released?
 Well for one.. You see the movie in a whole new way! Probably get to see some of the riders! and just the atmosphere. I somewhat agree though. I own the movie now, so I'm okay missing out on another premiere. Don't think they're overly special. Movies great though! tup
 to make more money
 I went to the Premiere for for this film at the IMBA World Summit in Santa Fe and it was awesome! Bear claw was there signing autographs and he talked about the movie before it started. Also not to mention it was on a huge 200" projector! I waited to see it until the premier, couldn't of been happier!
 this is probably the most hyped up movie of all time, it's getting tiring
 Surprised by the negative comments. Wondering if these people are just looking for reaction. I saw the movie at a friends and immediately headed down to the Cove and bought the last copy. This movie kept me interested from start to finish. Great riding, scenery and some of the best commentary in any bike vid I've seen yet. 5 stars from me.
 Snake always scares the f**k out of me every freakin time
 Download this in Itunes in HD. It's the best mountain bike film you will see. The filming, narration and stunts are absolutely breathtaking. It's awesome to see a mountain bike film reach this level of production.
 hope i can go!
 any one know how much it'll be in vancouver?
 between 10 and 15 probably
 sweet, def going to try and make it
 download the red bull playgrounds app (its free) and show it to the box office at the vogue and you will get 2 free tickets.
 Come to Victoria..
 nowhere near as much tickets to be sold there...
 Haha are you kidding? The south half of the island has a huge biking community, it would be sold out in no time!
 got it on BluRay already, such a sick Flick!!
 Doerfling and Zink kill it.
 I'm sorry but I bought the movie on iTunes and I was kind of disappointed the quality of the movie and how much hype it got.
 Really? Yeah, super hyped, but that hype got me to watch the live stream from the Vegas premier, which was awesome and for which I was stoked! Even with choppy feed through my old laptop it was cool to watch. Just the other day I downloaded it from iTunes to my iphone and I was actually blown away by the high quality in HD. Astounding. And the riding and footage are rather spectacular, the narrations is good, and the story worthwhile. Other vids have fast paced edits with quick riding through woods and tight singletrack, awesome wood track builds, gaps over rivers and roads... but the expanse of the landscape and sheer scale... WOW. The riding and footage stand with the most spectacular of big mountain heli skiing, the way they carve down these mtns in free form. True, with this one you have to enjoy the scenery/videography/photography as much as hardcore riding, but taken as a whole, it's one hell of a movie about bikes!
 Oh don't get me wrong the movie was unbelievable but I just seemed like they could have filmed it with some more stuff on the ground like maybe cable cams, steady cams... It just seemed like bit to much heli shooting for my liking... For me it kind of took away some of the thrill because a lot of the heli shots made everything look tiny compared to how massive they were sending it!
 So it was announced today that it premiered.in Toronto 10 days ago? Looks awesome tho!
 This was up days ago, just bumped as a reminder to folks.
 Oh okay I didn't see it I guess Razz
 Come to Whistler instead!
 UK premiere please!
 Yeah, I'd love a UK premiere like the one they had in Vegas, unfortunately, the UK is nothing like Vegas Frown
 What up with the montreal premiere ?
 This is just now being premiered in Canada? Was or available for purchase before now?
 how much will the admission be? free?
 Ha jeez so late...I have almost worn out my iTunes copy :p
 isnt it a little late for a premiere?
 haha so gay teehee
 stoked! im going
 that snake gets me every time
 Devastatingly crap film with painfully tacky narration.