Fluidride #3 - Results

Jun 29, 2009 at 15:38
Jun 29, 2009
by Mike Estes

San Diego's JD Swanguen and Colo-RAD-ian Lisa Myklak smoke the Mt Hood Ski Bowl DH Track that dropped you 1600' vertical in 4 to 5 mins depending on nerves, brakes, line choice, tire pressure and your sole determination.

A huge field of racers from all over the west coast attended the Fluidride Cup #3 race...Enjoy the video!

...so keep an eye out for more stories, more videos and a reason to attend a Fluidride Cup event in the near future. Oh, yeah, that...next race is July 10th, 11th and 12th (two short weeks) and it's double the points and double the pro cash purse.

Video by Andy Tran:

Stay tuned to Pinkbike.com for more racing news!!

Fluidride #3 Pro Mens Podium
Pro Mens Purse Provided By Evil Bicycles

Pro Mens Purse Provided By Evil Bicycles

1) JD Swangden (ODI,TLD,INTENSE FACTORY) 4:02.00
2) Lars Sternberg (Fox Racing Shox, Transition, Dakine)
3) Phil Weiring (Fluidride/Evil)
4) Joey Schusler (Yeti/Fox Racing Shox)
5) Brian Buell (Team Geronimo/Rockgardn)

Fluidride #3 Pro Womens Podium
Pro Womens Purse by Kona Bicycles

Pro Womens Purse by Kona Bicycles

1) Lisa Myklak (Black Market) 4:57
2) Katrina Strand (Oakley/Shimano)
3) Joy Mutoli (Mutoliracing.com)

Full race results HERE!

Check out all the photos in the Fluidride Photo Gallery!

damn! i liked the course and the race....
how the hell did jd do a 402!?
just insane!
 INSANE!!!!!!!
 Hey I have posted photos of the race on my profile and at my website @ www.visualtorrent.com.

Trying to find the Fluidride 2009 thread so I can post the photos on that anyone have a link??

Aaron Gotthardt
 The new woods section was awesome. Fairly steep, rooty, and wide making for lots of line choices. Lots of fun. Not to mention how awesome it is to finally start back at the top.
 Where the heck was Strobel though?
 He's been racing the world cup, I assume hey didn't want to go all the way to Oregon just for this race.
 Way to go JD, I guess all the practice at Anderson is paying off.
 the course was pretty dope i loved the highspeed double track and the woods sections but jd's the man...well the kid anyways. i heard his qualifying time was 3:59? im definatley not posotive on that but that would be so sick
 his qualifying was a 4:12 i think, but that was with a crash.
 He crashed in seeding and 'crash23' has it spot on. I'm just here for approval since I call the shots at the race. JD loves this track and is returning for more......hopefully shocking us with another crazy TLD kit.
 yeah that was quite the flashy outfit he was wearing. JD is always a character though. I think they are changing the course again for the next race. If you look right above the rock garden that leads into the old sundeck, there is a trail leading staright up the mountain. it is fresh cut with a ton of berms and stuff. it looks like its gonna lead right into the steep right hander in the rock garden. could be wrong, but thats just what im assuming. anyone else know for sure?
 sick race! Best course ever! sooo sick! I hope we start from the top at the next race!
 yeah the whole course was fun. not really any moment to relax. funny upper rock section, and a super fun new woods section. one of the best courses i have ever ridden
 nice win for JD. hope there is more to come. that dude mashes
 I'll be there for the next one!!!!!
 this race was awesome hope i can go to the next one and do better
 glad to know they got me crashing on my race run on the video haha
 you're welcome, there's no hiding from the camera man
 anyone seen a full list of results?
 "Captain Collarbone" HA!!!! Sad....but funny
 FUCK YAH!! GO JD GO
 Props Lisa! Boulder represent.
 any vids?
 in the process as ive heard
 I made the 2 videos into 1