Sam Hill Injury Update

Jun 18, 2010 at 0:02
Jun 18, 2010
by Fraser Britton

As everyone knows by now, Sam HIll suffered a shoulder injury while practicing for the Fort William World Cup round two weeks ago. Since then he has gone home to Australia to have it looked at by a specialist.

"I don’t know what is wrong, I have to find out tonight what the prognosis is. I’ve seen 3 different people and they have all told me something else. I’m off to see a proper shoulder specialist and go from there.”

More inside,

According to Monster Energy / Specialized team manager Sean Heimdal, Hill is a definite scratch for this weekend in Leogang and is resting up at home in Australia. He has been told to rest his shoulder for 6 weeks, and is currently week to week on when he will return. "Hopefully sooner than later" Heimdal said.

Get well Sam Hill, you will be stronger then ever when you return.
 I agree, its the sport he is in, shit happens. You get injured, you heal, you ride again. Deal with it. Hope he gets better soon so we can watch his riding, because at the end of the day that's what interests us.
 i know im guna get loads of neg props but, this is quite sad its not like hes snapped his kneck and now in a wheel chair. hes done something to his shoulder. not like hes guna die.
 yea, you prob will get a boat load of neg props.... asshole
 its an update, not an obituary...
 true but its not like we're talking about some guy who runs 30th place every race, we're talking about Sam Hill, the guy who undoubtedly would have won almost everything this year had he not suffered some injurys, and as a fan i would like to stay informed.
 tombutlerr the only reason why your gonna get neg props is cause your an idiot and i'm drunk. WTF does snapping his kneck (spelt NECK) and being in a wheel chair have to do with the price of fish? Every who follows the world cup knows Hill had a big crash and will have just read that brief update. Your ignorance is bliss, Hill isn't just some racer that has busted up his shoulder, he is the defending champion who was undisputedbly the hot favourite for the majority of races in this WC season and would have undoubtedly put up a good fight to defend his title. "not like hes guna die." Such graceful words Mr Tom Butlerr, shit if Hill did die from such a crash then it would have had a serious impact on the sport. I have no idea as to why i'm ranting soo much. I just think that I'm sick to death of idiots posting idiotic crap on pinkbike. Did you deliberately start your post with "i know im guna get loads of neg props" so you got positive props? You can't even spell slang words right let along simple four letter words correctly. OMG what is the world coming to? Sorry everyone for my rant. I'm just slightly drunk and joyous that lakers won in a closely fought battle and pissed off at the same time by shit unintelligible posts. Like, did you contribute anything to this Tombutlerr? No you didn't! So go back to your english class and learn how to spell KNECK! Oh and to you idiots that prop'd his comment the same applies to you. If you read Tombutlerr's comment and felt like your intelligence went up then god save us all. "I KNOW I'M GONNA GET LOADS ON NEG PROPS FOR THIS" - I COULDN'T GIVE A RATS ASS!

Sammy boy i hope you recover quickly. A massive blow to the season but everyone has a shit run of luck once in a while. All the best for your recovery, hope it's nothing too serious.
 I think that's the largest comment I've ever seen. Good luck with the recovery Sam...
 wow...when im drunk i can't even see the keyboard....props to you my friend....^^^^
 If you knew anything about a shoulder injury then you would know that riding with a f-ed up shoulder is not only painful but every bump feels like its going to rip out and your going to loose total control if it wasn't that bad he wouldn't be taking this time off after all he is Sam Hill so don't make stupid assumptions it had to be pretty bad for him to call off two world cups in a row and possibly more. Anyway hope he has a speedy recovery.
 Now that was the best response I have ever seen on this website. I just about fell off my chair. Thanks drunk guy Tom for making my friday morning!
 Tom-moT- wtf i never said that he had died, and your clearly not drunk as you can write every word perfectly and youve put all full stops and shit. and you clearly spend way to much time on here if you can write a whole essay on why im wrong.
 Hes a politically correct drunk...duh....
 he probally gets drunk all the time then goes on pinkbike and yells at the dumbsh!ts that post stupid stuff(like what you posted) so he is a professional at typing while drunk.
 if he can type like that (properly) drunk it just shows how retarded you must be if you can't do it sober Mr. Butlerr haha
& Pitcrew... I think you were looking for "grammatically correct", his post wasn't too politically correct Razz
 its ok tbuttler "drunk toms" first few drunken raging post probally had the same spelling and grammar as yours. he has just progressed over time.
 Hold your horses buddy. The article just said he has seen three different doctors so far and all are telling him something different. I'm sure when they know, we'll know.
 6 weeks sounds like a collerbone... get well soon sam
 RE: Leogang Day 1 vid - That Troy Brosnan looks about 8 years old lol
 I think he's 9. He was smashing all the elite riders back home in Aus though. So he clearly can ride a bike, fast. With some guidance from Brendawg and Sam, he you think he will be seeing podiums in years to come.
 i have a friend who rides w/ a Leatt brace as i do, and he endoed and hurt his shoulder BECAUSE of the brace - yep, better than his neck, but Leatt definitely needs to do a re-design - anyone know of a brace [ besides the Alpinestar ] that won't create an injury due to the cup design resting on the shoulder? [ ps. why is it that almost everything posted on pinkbike seems to bring out the tude, anger, and potty mouth from so many...not breast fed? haven't been la** in a while? got a toothache? come on girls, put yer claws away and try to remember were only riding bicycles - i'd bet that everyone of you spouting verbal vomit at anything you disagree with has tiny gahones and are probably closet thumb suckers...hmmm doesn't taste too bad, wow, getting worried now, think i'll check out my nuts!]
 jcinkits, check out the Omega nack brace. I have had a Leatt and Astars and now the Omega and by far think the Omega is the better choice. And yes the Leatt needs a redesign!
 Drink a pint of cement and harden the fock up!
 i ve got shoulder seperation of the clavicula ^^
here the xray : fstatic1.mtb-news.de/img/photos/1/5/1/7/0/2/_/large/xray.jpg
 Wonder if the neck brace had anything to do with the shoulder injury? Hmmmmm...
 Im with you on that. its those bloody leatts, they rest on the collarbone and sholder more than others. i have nothing against neck braces as i have one myself. i have the alpinestars and i chose that over the leatt for that reason (among a few others). Hmmmmm...indeed
 Its a shoulder, not a collar bone. Get over it and stop trying to beat a dead horse.
 i kinda like my neck... better than my shoulders... just sayin'
 why not get an alpinestars and protect your neck without putting your collarbones at risk? just sayin, you know, get over it..
 the god of biking is down for a few more weeks, hopefully he will get better again and i will see him again at krankworx this year
 all the best from The Forgotten Rebels!!!! Canada says speedy recovery!!!!!
 Sam Hill....Power!!!!!!
 I will be mortally bummed if I don't get to see Sam tear them apart at Champery. God speed bro!
 ye olrite mate, ull have anotha go!
 woo this is very bad!
 shitty that this is how his post WC overall win season has to be
 hope you gget better sam your the champ
 thats hardly a update...
 The Demo is CURSED!!!
 Get well man
 Get well soon mate!!!
 I know what Sam`s going thought did my shoulder 3 months ago and the specialist told me 12 months and I mite not get all my movement back.Oh yer and there the constant f**kin pain good luck Sam you're a legend.
 Couldn't agree more, but in a crash when the neck brace is not used to support the neck (luckily), the brace seems to icrease the chance for a shoulder injury. PS Not an expert