Luke Strobel Bike Check

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:57
Jul 25, 2009
by Tyler Maine

Luke hails from the Pacific North West in the State of Washington and is part of the Maxxis Tires / Rocky Mountain Bikes squad. He's had a rough early season but is loving the course here at MSA and qualified in the top 20. Luke's on a brand new Rocky Mountain Prototype Flatline that has been fully revamped from the previous models.

Check out the pics and details inside,

Head Tube Angle: 65 Degrees
Weight: 0.7 lighter than an Evil Revolt is the word on the street (unofficial weight)
Travel: 200mm
Sizes: Small / Medium / Large
Release Date: Launching the model at Crankworx in Whistler in August, so expect frames in the early fall.
Course Quote: "It's like a moto track out there, but with big rocks! I'm looking for a top 10 on Saturday"

www.bikes.com
www.maxxis.com

Looks good. I like the look of the previous model better to be honest, but this looks like a better bike. Long live Rocky Mtn!!
 Same, seems like there's only a few of us.
 (in response to telmofebras comment)
I think the only manufactuer that seems to have mastered swoopy frames is santa cruz, i mean look at the nomad, v10 or driver 8 and they all look the part, and any other company that tries to copy just makes a meal of it.
 looks, color, geometry, it's all just opinion. I know plenty of sane people that feel like sc bikes are heinous looking.
 i never liked the old flatline with their bulkyness but these new flatline are super sick.
 ne one looks much better than the old one, but i think this bike could really use a v10ish style fender on it, that linkage is sitting right behind the tire right out in the open.
 Finally a nice looking Rm!After the old rmx series they came up with that gastly new series....but this is soooo nice!
 weight 0.7? a little vague?
 probably .7 lbs lighter than the evil revolt.
 how heavy is the revolt though
 not a friggen clue
 new flats look so much better.
 i think this new bike as a better look than the other, but still they need to renew the desing, create the lines of the bike a bit more curved .. in my opinon it will be much better compared to other model's it wil give the bike a new 'style'
 Curved tubes are so awful. I don't want Rocky to end up like Norco's new line, full of swoops and waves and looking more like a wet noodle than a bike.
 yeah, who really cares about the factual advantages of curved tubing?
I know I've personally invested too much time and $ into my hardcore mtb image to risk it all by riding a bike with curved tubes.

Maybe if it had some fake bullet holes or a barbwire tatoo graphic...
 Shred it Luke! Good luck!
 I want one of those frames. Looks real nice.
 what 0.7 lighter than an Evil Revolt ?I do not believe
 No tubes DH rims???
 ztr flow
 Are they nice???
 They are the very definition of "nice."
 I have a set of flows on my DH/FR bike. Super light and so far been holding up great. They indeed are very nice.
 Much better look!
 i have a set of high roller tires for sale brand new 50$ check em out.