NW Cup #1 - Port Angeles - This Weekend!

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:03
Mar 24, 2010
by Tyler Maine

This weekend, Port Angeles, Washington, welcomes you to the first NW Cup race of the season! They have put in more than a few hours behind the shovels prepping courses for this season kick off race. There will be three separate courses run over the weekend for all the different categories of racers from Pro to Cat 3. Something new that we're doing here at Pinkbike is previewing the courses to all you racers that are heading there or want to know what was run on the weekend. We'll be doing this at all NW Cup and other race events that we're promoting this season, so stay tuned for Pinkbike Prerides coming your way all race season!

Course videos inside,

March 26-28th Event #1 Season Opener! REGISTER AT EVENT ON SITE! NO ONLINE REGISTRATION

Pro Course:

Cat 2 course:

Cat 3 course:

Don't forget to upload all your race pics from this coming weekend to the NW Cup photo album here on Pinkbike.

For full information on this year's NW Cup, please visit their site www.nwcup.com. Next PA race is the Pro GRT stop in April!

olympicdirtsociety.pinkbike.com

Title photo by nickf.

Editor's note - please contact Tyler at brule.pinkbike.com if you'd like to have your course featured as a Pinkbike Pre-ride this season.

Another video that i can't watch becouse of this shit music...
 Sorry fresh out of butt-rock
 i don't like reggae, i love it.
 Just to clear things up, from what i have been reading on the website you register for each individual race online and you choose how many practice days you want and that changes the price? Also i have never raced before so can i just register then show up? What are the rules?
 That pre-reg site (cyclecomponentnetwork.com) is just for the April race, and yes you pay per how many days you play. Same as the other three races (including this weekend). And yes you just show up and race. Look at the schedule of events tab on www.nwxup.com and it will tell you when practice is for your given category. For example, Cat 3 and Cat1 practice from 9-1 on Saturday.
 Okay thanks. And since i have never raced before i would sign up for like Cat 3?
 yup. or w/e category you feel comfortable riding in.

cat 1= expert
cat 2= sport
cat 3= beginner
 Great looking track! I am pretty jealous, you guys are not only able to ride but race, while I am still waiting for the mud to dry up so that I can ride without destroying the trails.
 Guess what!? im waiting for the snow to RE-MELT ! yes RE!MELT!, darn weather is wierd! everything melts and then it snows 15+cm of snow! lol
 Previewing the course, what a great idea. I'm curious to see a list of the races that Pinkbike intends to preview in the future.
 This weekend is gonna be awesome!! My first ever race in America as I'm on a year out from England!! Can't wait =p, kinda nervous haha. See you guys there!!
 On site registration only? WTF.
I am going to be super pissed if I make the trek from Canada and the race is full. I mean super pissed.
Like WTF.
 we'll fit ya in...if it rains...and it should, many will leave. wouldn't worry too much dude, but come early friday or sat am if ya can
 There's no cap for this race. If you show up, you will race.

As for rain, we've yet to see a drop since I think last Friday. The best chance for some rain is tonite, but over the weekend we'll see sprinkles at best/worst depending on your perspective.
 but there is still a cap on for round 2, right? good news about the rain, I was just going by the weather channel's website. Should probably check w/ shawn before we head out.
 The dayz are finnally here. Can't wait to do some riding this weekend. Cheers to the good times that are going to be have this weekend.
 These were made with a standard GoPro (obviously). We have since received a HD version so the next round of vids should be a little crisper.
 Have Fun Everyone.....I'll be home healing up.
 Mikey, you will be missed fo sho!
 we'll miss ya mike!you're there in spirit!you'll have some gnar surgical scars to show off @ pro grt too!
 We can rebuild him.....
 I appreciate you all and enjoy yourselfs while I get really good at Guitar Hero 5. Cheers and Chain-clanking to all!
 I miss your voice already.....
 Don't make me cry Max.......live by the sword- die by the sword.
 i bet steve smith will win. any takers?
 I will take that bet. My money is on Luke.
 nah dude, looch is gonna dominate! whoever wins, it'll be one hell of a weekend! and a wet as hell course! forecast calls for rain!
 How come when i look at the nwcup.com it says registration online only but here it says you register at the event?
 It is a bit confusing. Here's the deal. The first race is register on-site only, no pre-reg. The second race, (here's the confusing part) is also the first Pro GRT and this does have pre-reg and it will probably fill up given the cap. Hope that clears it up.
 Nevermind...I was looking at an older post.
 n dub is the nick name for my school so seeing this was very confusing then exciting then a let down
 but a dope post either way
 Dude Falcon Punch is sick! I feel so accomplished knowing i helped build it. Dry Hill is the best!
 luke strobel just killing it :O
 go pro really needs to add something to that chest strap so we can see more of the trail and less of the frame and bars...
 Love it! anybody know what the song is on the cat 3 video?
 Silversun Pick-ups Lazy Eye
 can't wait. Gonna be really fun.
 stoked for the weekend!
 Explain to me please the categorization system(1-2-3)for riders.
 cat 1: expert
cat 2: sport
cat 3: beginner
 any word on pro results yet?
 1 2 120462 Bryn Atkinson Transition Racing
10 5 162267 Luciano Worl Corsair/Atomlab Facotry

1 3 186217 Jill Kintner Transition Racing/ Redbull
2 35 228046 Jaime Rees The Bike Hub
3 29 268172 Chelsey Stevens The Bike Hub
4 32 214419 Dawn Fidler Speedy Beaver Racing
5 23 278785 Casandra Stamm Speedy Beaver Racing
 awesome thanks! been looking all over for that
 YES! In big Uhaul trucks most likely
 That Cat2 track looks fun as hell!!
 these films have all been speeded up!!cool tracks
 Haha a world cup rider on a fairly mellow track will look pretty damn fastlol ....... I don't think Luke's was sped up, at least.
 I feel like an idiot even responding to this, but I promise it's stock footage. At this point I wouldn't even know how to speed it up. If anything I would have slowed it down, because it is a track preview, not a look how fast we can go show.
 Sorry, my wife said that was rude.
 Is shuttling provided?
 Oh man so excited!
 NW Racing at its finest.
 I feel naive cause ive never even stepped foot in the North West, but these are some of the most entertaining chest mount shots ive seen... much props to Luke
 Stoked for King Diamond!