, Inc. - the company that makes it easy to capture and share action moments with hands-free HD video cameras, apps and accessories, today announces the next evolution in action video: the Contour+2. Available later this month, the new camera will enable users to shoot 1080p HD video; track speed, distance, and elevation; then easily share data-rich content across YouTube, Vimeo, and for the very first time, on Facebook.
Photo // Blake Jorgenson
|Our focus at Contour has always been on innovation and the best customer experience. We're right at the crossroad of social media, big data and rich video, bringing a whole new perspective to people's actions and the way they share them. - Marc Barros, CEO, Contour|
Photo // Blake Jorgenson
The new design combines users’ favorite features from both the ContourROAM and the original Contour+ to create an affordable camera that is easier to use and allows Contour users to share an entirely new perspective. The new model has also been real-world tested and proven by Contour’s roster of professional athletes and film partners in the world’s most diverse conditions, ultimately fine-tuning its sensor to improve the overall sharpness of the image, the speed at which the camera adjusts for fast lighting changes, and the underwater video quality.
The Contour+2 also features the highest quality action video, faster frame rates and one-button recording. Additional features include:
• Rich data - Unique to Contour, a GPS receiver allows users to capture and share a different perspective, providing beautiful HD video with overlays for speed, elevation, and distance. The end result? Video shared to Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo tells a much more interesting story.
• Mobile connectivity right out of the box – Users can turn their smartphone into a remote control and viewfinder by pairing the Contour+2 with their mobile device. Contour’s built-in Bluetooth technology enables users to line up and preview shots before recording or press record from their phone while the camera is already mounted.
• Locking Instant On-Record switch – No power button? No problem. Users can simply slide the Instant On-Record switch into its locked position to immediately start capturing video.
• 120 frames per second - In addition to shooting in four different HD modes including 1080p, the Contour+2 also shoots 120fps in 480p. That puts super slow motion video at the users’ fingertips.
• Waterproof case included – The waterproof case included will bring those aqua adventures to life. The Contour+2 waterproof case is rated to 60 meters.
• Live Streaming – Contour+2’s HDMI out port lets users live-stream events, meetings, and more.
Pricing and Retail Availability: Available later in September, the Contour+2 will be sold on www.contour.com and at select specialty and national retailers for $399.99. For more information, please visit www.contour.com. About Contour
Seattle-based Contour Inc. makes it easy to capture and share life’s moments through its rich ecosystem of hands-free cameras, data, mobile apps and accessories. Contour products are available at Amazon.com; major sports retailers, including REI and Zumiez; photo specialty stores like B&H Photo, Video and Pro-Audio; and thousands of specialty retail stores in more than 40 countries.