Block user


blitz66 pinkbikeaudience's article
Oct 8, 2015 at 8:12
3 hours
News: FlyUp 417 Project - Opening Date Announced
also, 3 downhill trails? this isn't going to be in the same league as BPW, it'll be far better for dirt jumpers though!
blitz66 SCOTT-Sports's article
Oct 8, 2015 at 3:26
8 hours
Video: Breaking in Bikes with Vink and Fairclough on the World's Biggest Jumps
ohlins and hope seem to be doing lots of work together... bring on the hope derailleur and make the ultimate high end OEM pairing?! hope bars, stem, cassette, wheels, seatpost, clamps, BBs and brakes with ohlins suspension?
blitz66 SramMedia's article
Oct 1, 2015 at 1:40
Oct 1, 2015
Video: SRAM presents The Backwoods
next year's SRAM fest.... or Peatfest?!
Added 7 photos to bike-parts-for-sale
Sep 22, 2015 at 9:42
Sep 22, 2015
Sep 22, 2015 at 9:41
Sep 22, 2015

Revelation RC3 150mm 20mm Axle Tapered

$150 GBP
One set of good condition used RC3s from a stumpy evo, a 150mm solo air Revelation with a tapered steerer, post mount disc mounts and the best thing about it, a 20mm axle. This really boosts it in the stiffness stakes above the standard revelations and puts it much more on par with fox 34s or similar at a lower weight. It has a 3 stage low speed damping control and rebound controls. I've restickered it with Rockshox labels in blue from the original yellow to match my bike (because I'm a tart) and the tapered steerer is cut to 190mm and a star nut is fitted. There is some mild cable rub on the upper, and some scuffs from using a mud guard on the crown. Only selling as I've since gone to a 160mm fork and can't lengthen these! Any questions message me, price is posted, any offers, you can pay postage extra! It's priced to sell I'm deliberately undercutting other equivalent forks on buysell.

blitz66 mikelevy's article
Sep 21, 2015 at 8:32
Sep 21, 2015
Cannondale Habit Carbon SE - Review
lapierre zesty xm and transition scout too... possibly commencal meta
blitz66 Canyon-PureCycling's article
Aug 26, 2015 at 8:25
Aug 26, 2015
Video: The Canyon Stitched 720 Has Landed
released at EURObike... shown on a CANADIAN page on the WORLD wide web... not just you guys on here
blitz66 mikekazimer's article
Aug 26, 2015 at 1:02
Aug 26, 2015
New Bikes and Prototypes - Eurobike 2015
it's a chain tensioner that folds backwards? when you hit something it will move...... just like it's designed to do against the chain growth. when something hits it, chain goes slack for a second, roll on and it will spring back
blitz66 paulaston's article
Jul 30, 2015 at 3:59
Jul 30, 2015
Orbea Loki 2016: First Look
this bike isn't for tarmac, it's for rough surfaces. a rough fireroad would be faster to ride on a mountain bike (even a rigid one) than a cross bike, because you can allow the tyres to deform on the road. I notice this with my cx bike, which is why i run low pressures (as do most racing or riding cyclocross). second point, a wide tyre will have a volume far higher than a narrow one. the contact patch doesn't go up at the same rate as the pressure (while we're on simple physics facts) so you get the traction advantage of a lower pressure without the disadvantage of the proportionally increased rolling resistance. YES it would have a larger contact patch than a 26" at 40psi. But i know which one i'd ride faster in 90% of situations (the remaining 10% being the road to the trail)
blitz66 paulaston's article
Jul 30, 2015 at 3:08
Jul 30, 2015
Orbea Loki 2016: First Look
the up to date wisdom on rolling resistance is that less pressure is better... you don't waste energy bouncing the bike upwards over lumps. on a rough surface, a plus sized tyre at those pressures will roll far more efficiently than a 26" at 40psi. while we're explaining things to idiots... even roadies are starting to find this, switching to larger softer tyres on most of the tour bikes this year.
Load more...
You must login to Pinkbike.
Don't have an account? Sign up

Join Pinkbike  Login
Copyright © 2000 - 2015. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039010
Mobile Version of Website