|Seller:||typhoonChris | Login to contact seller | seller History | Add to My Watch List|
|Location:||Egremont , United Kingdom|
|Date:||Dec-31-2015 2:25:03 Views: 2058 Watch Lists: 6|
|Category:||All Mountain/Enduro Bikes|
|Restrictions:||Reasonable offers only, No Trades, Will ship within country only|
I'm selling my 2012 Mega. Originally it was the standard pro model build but it's had quite a few upgrades and is now pretty much as bomb proof an all mountain bike as you could get. When it comes to downhill or properly rough tracks it's brilliant to ride, it's pretty amazing what it can get through. Put a set of lighter tyres on and it'll tear round the trails as well. It's got pretty low and slack geometry and handles good at speed. Size large frame, or 18.5" in old money. Same geometry as the 2011 frame here: http://issuu.com/nukeproof/docs/nukeproof_bike_manual_2011
Spec as follows:
- Original Lyrik DH forks - super stiff, super capable forks
- Crossmax SX wheelset - don't get much tougher than these
- High roller 2 super tacky DH front tyre, Trail King Apex / Black Chilli rear, both set up tubeless
- Cane Creek DBAir rear shock - Superb for really rough rocky tracks
- Shimano XT brakes - faultless and easy to service
- Thompson stem
- Shimano Pro series prototype bars
- Truvativ descendent cranks - 1x10 set up
- Reverb seatpost
- Gusset pedals
- Blackspire Einfachx topguide (not pictured)
- SLX rear mech and XTR shifter
It's a well used bike, with a bit of rub and a few marks to prove it. Nothing major though, and everything is working fine. The suspension bearings and bushings have been changed recently and are in good condition. The rear hub bearings have just been changed and the rear mech is new. The forks have been well looked after and regularly serviced to keep them smooth. The cane creek shock has only been on there a year and a half and was serviced at the end of last year.
One area were there is a bit of wear is the seatpost, shown in the pics. There is some marking on the back of the slider were dirt in the seals has rubbed. It still works OK, and I've cleaned the seals out, but it could probably still do with a proper service of the seals. I've dropped the price to recognize the seat post wear. I will include a normal static seatpost as well.
Any questions drop me a message on here.
Cool FeaturesPinkbike Daily
RSSPinkbike RSS Feed