Wooden Pump Tracks . . . .

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Wooden Pump Tracks . . . .
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Dec 1, 2014 at 18:01 Quote
Always make rollers a little longer and mellower than you first think.... they're waves to be flowed, not obstacles.....


https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Rays-Milwaukee-Indoor-Mountain-Bike-Park-Grand-Opening-2011.html

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 16:53 Quote
This was at Texas Toast BMX Jam 2013 in Austin TX. It was the intro to the dirt course. Note how long and stretched out the roller is. This is a true monster roller.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh138/upsetbmx/032_Texas_Toast.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh138/upsetbmx/020.jpg

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 20:12 Quote
I went to the Seattle bike show yesterday and... They had a wooden pump track. One of the best pump tracks I have ever rode, these things are nice! They also had great bikes to ride on it (Transition BLT's).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fsH4L3NK2gQ

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 4:16 Quote
Gvus2001 wrote:
I went to the Seattle bike show yesterday and... They had a wooden pump track. One of the best pump tracks I have ever rode, these things are nice! They also had great bikes to ride on it (Transition BLT's).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fsH4L3NK2gQ

This is a Progressive Bike Ramps modular pumptrack. It's licensed from Bikeparkiteck. Progressive also offer the track with a wood frame/fiberglass surface, metal frame/fiberglass surface or precast concrete.

I distribute them in eastern Canada

check out www.progressivebikeramps.com

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 13:55 Quote
Well, it's not wood . . . but as more and more concrete and asphalt "pump tracks" are being built, it's fair to say these are interesting times.

http://skateandannoy.com/blog/2014/07/the-best-of-pump-tracks/

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://skateandannoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/pump-tracks.jpg

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 18:03 Quote
thought i'd share a track i've been working for longer than i'd like to admit Eek

mainly build for my two little guys, but something for me to have fun with as well. as cmc4130 says - they shouldn't be obstacles and i may need to do some tweaking.. final pieces are getting painted now and should be ridable this weekend Cool




Posted: Oct 21, 2015 at 0:10 Quote
wooden and concrete rollers seem to be making a comeback for skaters..

http://www.skateollies.com/hours/
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.skateollies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/IMG_0275.jpg

Posted: Oct 21, 2015 at 17:37 Quote
Hey this is great! I am just starting on building something like this for a local school, do you have the dimensions of yours handy by anychance? And any tips or tricks.

multiplex wrote:
thought i'd share a track i've been working for longer than i'd like to admit Eek

mainly build for my two little guys, but something for me to have fun with as well. as cmc4130 says - they shouldn't be obstacles and i may need to do some tweaking.. final pieces are getting painted now and should be ridable this weekend Cool




Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 10:08 Quote
This is pretty interesting. It's basically a spine with a domed-over top. If you wanted a pump track with this "spine" feature, it could be cool. It would have to be at least 8 feet wide though, to jump properly like a spine (people tend to jump spines sideways and/or kick out).

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.marionindiana.us/images/Skate%20Park%20images.jpg

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 11:45 Quote
damosbike wrote:
Hey this is great! I am just starting on building something like this for a local school, do you have the dimensions of yours handy by anychance? And any tips or tricks.

I made a 2 piece roller, but at 18" high, it was more of an obstacle, even at 8 ft long. I'd cut it down to 12".

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 11:24 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.fatbmx.com/uploads4/2014Q2/wk20/onk1.jpghttp://www.fatbmx.com/bmx/news/article.php?storyid=30799&fb_comment_id=715614908513503_753060208102306

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 9:29 Quote
This is a must-watch.

I think it really drives home the point that there are different ways to design "pump tracks." This is obviously a BMX race track style.

https://www.facebook.com/BMXTalk/videos/1219749278061959/

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 5:31 Quote


Yes, Velo Solutions is all time. Im always trying to get them to come to Texas hopefully houston to build. CMC4130 are you still building trails? We talked a few years ago about working on trails in Wimberly at family property. It's getting time for me to actually do it. If your not too busy with life or Freeride512.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016449
Mobile Version of Website