Plastic Pedals. The Argument.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Plastic Pedals. The Argument.
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 5, 2010 at 7:11 Quote
I just want to know whats everyones opinion on plastics are Pimp ?

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 7:20 Quote
Have a couple sets of plastic pedals and don't mind them but def. prefer my trailmix with metal pins, would like to try out some JC PC's though.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 7:37 Quote
i broke both my fit ones, and my oddyssey ones = = , never getting them again

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 7:39 Quote
i really like plastic pedals. they grip more then enough to ride and they are light Razz atm im using the animals and i really like them!

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 7:43 Quote
I really don't get it at all. They wear out fast...because of being plastic of course, unsealed bearings, slippery as hell when they get wet and there is not really a big weight savings with them compared to most sealed bearing metal pedals. My pedals costs $70.00, weigh in at 15.6oz., are really grippy, sealed bearing and I guarantee you will spend more than $70.00 having to replace worn out PC pedals before I have replace 1 set of mine. Stupid fad in my opinion!!!

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 8:08 Quote
i just started using plastics because i got tired of getting wacked in the shin with metal pedals.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 8:10 Quote
mx4him wrote:
i just started using plastics because i got tired of getting wacked in the shin with metal pedals.
yeah it hurts less well like it will cut you less but it still hurts a lot.. not that big of a difference to be honest.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 8:16 Quote
oh yeah it still hurts a lot! i just got tired of going in for stitches, the last time i slipped a pedal it left a 2 inch gash all the way down to the bone.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 8:19 Quote
mx4him wrote:
oh yeah it still hurts a lot! i just got tired of going in for stitches, the last time i slipped a pedal it left a 2 inch gash all the way down to the bone.
yeah i get ya same here Razz

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 8:22 Quote
yeah it sucks Razz . i didn't want to give in to the plastic fad, but after that one i decided i try them. plus they were only $20 bucks, so it's not to expensive.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 8:29 Quote
mx4him wrote:
yeah it sucks Razz . i didn't want to give in to the plastic fad, but after that one i decided i try them. plus they were only $20 bucks, so it's not to expensive.
wether its a fad or not i love em. and ill keep on riding them,.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 8:29 Quote
That's why I got a pair, they were cheap. When I found them to be too slippery I scavenged some metal pins from an old set of metal pedals and haven't had a problem with them in over 2 years.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 8:36 Quote
i've only been out with them once, but so far i like them.i got the animal hamiltons.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 13:13 Quote
Plastic pedals
Pros: Light weight, cheap, clear colors, wont murder your shin but still causes moderate damage
Cons: Cracking, not as traction-y as metal

Metal pedals
Pros: Very traction-y (if they they have good pins), they look b/a
Cons: Absolute shin shredders, can be heavier

**Feel free to add to either list**

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 18:30 Quote
i dont see how anybody can complain saying that plastic pedals arent grippy enough..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.066075
Mobile Version of Website