Plastic Pedals. The Argument.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Plastic Pedals. The Argument.
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 8:35 Quote
bmx-d00d wrote:
mx4him wrote:
oh yeah it still hurts a lot! i just got tired of going in for stitches, the last time i slipped a pedal it left a 2 inch gash all the way down to the bone.

wer footbal shin pads (i do it when i try something big that is easy to wack my skins..)

Great Shout!!

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 12:02 Quote
I've tried plastik but I ride metal becouse they crack and wear out fast and i usually don't have new ones, the grip was good
metal: good grip they last longer.. and weight is overrated, your not going to bunnyhop any higher with -200 grams

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 5:07 Quote
I have Twisted pc's they are ok but I still end up going back to Fly Bikes Rubens with shin guards

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 1:48 Quote
I've used the Twisted PC's on my mtb the other day, they didn't seem to be lacking in the grip department compared to the DMR V12 Mag's I was using previously.
Still the metal ones would be more durable in the long run I believe and so they should be at probably 3 x the price!

If you're comparing fairly then some plastic pedals are probably better (especially in regards to grip) compared to metal pedals at a similar price.

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 2:03 Quote
I think that if you go big or are an unsmooth hack then get metal pedals but if you keep things fairly tame and want to save weight get some plastics Smile

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 16:17 Quote
I like plastics more cause when u get shinned it huurts less. like if i were to ride hutch bear traps, my legs would be dead!Cry ouchy!!

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 7:53 Quote
ledhead19 wrote:
I like plastics more cause when u get shinned it huurts less. like if i were to ride hutch bear traps, my legs would be dead!Cry ouchy!!

I ride old metal petals off of my first bmx I ever got, it was about 6 or 7 years ago, and it was a Diamondback. The pedals on that bad boy are actually pretty nice. Haha. I have to get new ones though, they just blew up on me.

How are the Premium pedals? Heard alot of good things about them.

And, dont any of you ride with a slim shin guard at least? Haha

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 8:18 Quote
I like plastics... ran some twisted PCs on my DH rig for a while without issue.

tons of grip!

That was only while my metal pedals were being shipped though.

Pedal bite doesn't phase me anymore.

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 8:32 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
I like plastics... ran some twisted PCs on my DH rig for a while without issue.

tons of grip!

That was only while my metal pedals were being shipped though.

Pedal bite doesn't phase me anymore.

Yeah, idk why everyone complains so much about it. It hurts, yeah but it reminds you not to make the same mistake next time

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
Just wear jeans it might still hurt but at least you don't get all scratched up.

I feel stupid though, I actually thought the pins on my Twisted PC's were metal until I had a closer look the other day.

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 22:29 Quote
Frumpy-Housewife wrote:
Just wear jeans it might still hurt but at least you don't get all scratched up.

I feel stupid though, I actually thought the pins on my Twisted PC's were metal until I had a closer look the other day.

That's just plain priceless... lol

Wearing jeans only helps every now and then. I could post the picture of my shin, and I was wearing jeans, and yeah... Not a pretty sight thats for sure.

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 23:35 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
Frumpy-Housewife wrote:

That's just plain priceless... lol

Wearing jeans only helps every now and then. I could post the picture of my shin, and I was wearing jeans, and yeah... Not a pretty sight thats for sure.
do it

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 0:46 Quote
I think im all for metals on this one. Sure, plastics are lighter but im guessing weaker too. And with metals, you can replace the pins when you grind them down and are probably a hellova lot stronger than plastics.

I wear shin pads so i dont have a problem with pins and my shins. Smile

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 1:23 Quote
DJPrOdigy wrote:
I think im all for metals on this one. Sure, plastics are lighter but im guessing weaker too. And with metals, you can replace the pins when you grind them down and are probably a hellova lot stronger than plastics.

I don't believe that plastics are lighter than metal pedals. I think your pedal choices should vary on what type of riding you do. If you don't hammer on your pedals then you can get away with a lighter pedal. And the argument about how a pedal grips depends on a lot of factors. A wet plastic pedal will not grip as much a a wet metal pedal with pins, but who rides in the rain anyhow?

Edit: I just noticed this thread is for "Pedels". My post may not be relevant.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 8:47 Quote
JPTwenty6 wrote:
DJPrOdigy wrote:

I don't believe that plastics are lighter than metal pedals. I think your pedal choices should vary on what type of riding you do. If you don't hammer on your pedals then you can get away with a lighter pedal. And the argument about how a pedal grips depends on a lot of factors. A wet plastic pedal will not grip as much a a wet metal pedal with pins, but who rides in the rain anyhow?

Edit: I just noticed this thread is for "Pedels". My post may not be relevant.

HAHAHA!!!! lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015862
Mobile Version of Website