Is Going Brakeless A Good Idea?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Is Going Brakeless A Good Idea?
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 12:45 Quote
spyke wrote:
alexbrookes wrote:

I've tried both, and i prefer running my brake. At the end of the day, your bikes there to be ridden, not to look good without messy cables!

Spoken like a person who loves to ride more than look good.Too bad alot of the posers can't think the same way.....but i guess looking good and being trendy is more important than just riding.

If a person needs to ask if going brakeless is a good idea,you need to find a new hobby.

I agree 100% with what this guy just said.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 13:22 Quote
joeb94 wrote:
im thinking of going brakeless atm and am jus wanting to know if anyone thinks brakeless is beter than running a brake and why? thanks, joe

if you can throw your bike around easily then aye go for it police aint to fund of it but i did it for a while nice n fun !

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 13:44 Quote
spyke wrote:
alexbrookes wrote:

I've tried both, and i prefer running my brake. At the end of the day, your bikes there to be ridden, not to look good without messy cables!

Spoken like a person who loves to ride more than look good.Too bad alot of the posers can't think the same way.....but i guess looking good and being trendy is more important than just riding.

If a person needs to ask if going brakeless is a good idea,you need to find a new hobby.

i ride more now that im brakeless than i ever would with brakes. i did it to stop me from stopping, not to be trendy and to look good.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 14:36 Quote
ianfleming wrote:

i ride more now that im brakeless than i ever would with brakes. i did it to stop me from stopping, not to be trendy and to look good.

There is nothing wrong with going brakeless,it's personal preference,if you feel that your good enough on a bike or need to be challenged on your riding ability and going brakeless is the only option,then more power to you.

The problem is,alot of kids see the pros and other riders going brakeless and they feel the need to do so,even if their riding ability is not even close to not needing brakes.Some don't even know how or when to use the brakes.

Going brakeless is a progression,not something you do because alot of people are doing it.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 12:50 Quote
spyke wrote:
alexbrookes wrote:

any why do i need to find a new hobby? its a question mate get over it

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 12:58 Quote
spyke wrote:
Going brakeless is a progression,not something you do because alot of people are doing it.

This is the best possible explanation I've read. Beer

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 13:12 Quote
joeb94 wrote:

It's been clearly explained in my posts,and if you can't figure it out,then I guess there's no hope.

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 2:16 Quote
spyke wrote:
joeb94 wrote:

It's been clearly explained in my posts,and if you can't figure it out,then I guess there's no hope.
yes it has but if you'd bothered to read other posts i have clearly asked how to delete a thread because i dont need it anymore and im goin to unsubrcribe now

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 5:26 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
yeah i reckon i dont spend all my time on roads i try and find places where there arent crowds of people like industrial estates on a sunday or my nearest park really anythin fun to ride Smile and nahh im not doin it coz its the 'cool thing to do' im sick of having to spend money on rear tyres all the time and i fancy a change really so i was thinkin of tryin it
new tyres? you sure your brake is set correctly it's suppost to touch the rim not the tyre it self?

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 5:32 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
beggipoon wrote:
yeah i reckon i dont spend all my time on roads i try and find places where there arent crowds of people like industrial estates on a sunday or my nearest park really anythin fun to ride Smile and nahh im not doin it coz its the 'cool thing to do' im sick of having to spend money on rear tyres all the time and i fancy a change really so i was thinkin of tryin it
new tyres? you sure your brake is set correctly it's suppost to touch the rim not the tyre it self?
yeah it does touch the rim but i hate the sound of my brake squeeking all the time so i usually end up locking up and wreckin my tyres when i brake, plus my back rim is blue so i didnt want it rubbin all the way round when i braked i wanted to preserve the colour so locking up was the only way to preserve the rim better if i was running a brake

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 6:07 Quote
My view is i cannot stand riding brakeless, i love having my break there just incase.
If you are skilled enough to go brakeless then go for it, dont ask everyone else what you should do. I give full respect to a brakeeless rider, as long as he can ride brakeless, pull a few tricks not just ride around a park. Brakesless is alot harder than with a brake. As stated before brakeless is a progression. I agree with the dude that told you to find a new hobby. Why the hell are you asking someone if you should go brakeless? No doubt you cant do anything anyway.

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 12:12 Quote
George657 wrote:
My view is i cannot stand riding brakeless, i love having my break there just incase.
If you are skilled enough to go brakeless then go for it, dont ask everyone else what you should do. I give full respect to a brakeeless rider, as long as he can ride brakeless, pull a few tricks not just ride around a park. Brakesless is alot harder than with a brake. As stated before brakeless is a progression. I agree with the dude that told you to find a new hobby. Why the hell are you asking someone if you should go brakeless? No doubt you cant do anything anyway.

who are you to tell someone that they should get a new hobby and that they're not good enough to ride brakeless?

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 12:18 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
George657 wrote:

who are you to tell someone that they should get a new hobby and that they're not good enough to ride brakeless?
You obviously didn't read the other comment, what he meant was if you have to ask other people opinions and let them decide for you you should probably get a new Hobby. Blank Stare

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 13:57 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
George657 wrote:

I suggest you re- read my post before you comment, at no point did I say he wasn't good enough to ride brakeless, I said you most probubly can't do anything anyway!!

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 14:04 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
George657 wrote:

thankyou. i set up this thread jus curious about peoples opinions about brakeless riding. so the guy whosays i cant do anything anyway 1. you dont know me 2. people who make comments like that are usually the ones who cant do anything themselves anyway

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018524
Mobile Version of Website