car isnurance?!?!?! help

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
car isnurance?!?!?! help
| Next Page
Posted: May 13, 2010 at 8:49 Quote
ok thanks but how is insuring the car to my mums policy (her being on teh log book and me being everyday driver) fronting?

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 9:01 Quote
Are you saying that it would be your mum's car on our mum's policy with you named as the main driver and your mum as an additional driver?

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 2:44 Quote
all of that what you said appart from her being a named driver as i would be.

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 2:55 Quote
So you're saying that your mum would be insured as the main driver and you as an additional driver, if so then that would be fronting.

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 5:12 Quote
mm no. i would be the main driver/aditional driver but my mum would own the car? and it would be on her policy?

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 6:00 Quote
Then you might as well get your own policy and register the car as yours because it'll cost the same, if not less. Insurance companies sometimes give you a discount of about £50 or so for having a parent as a named driver on your own policy and if you are the main driver then registering the car in your mum's name won't save you any money. Also, to save some money do pass plus, insurers will offer a 10-20% discount for people with it.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 3:10 Quote
ok cool.. but i jsut got a quote for 80 quid monthly for a 1.4 civic.. so i guess its right..

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 5:08 Quote
How the hell did you get THAT?!?!?! I've tried 1.4 peugeots and got something like 200 a month

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 9:50 Quote
used my mums details then just quoted on teh civic and added my self as aditional driver thats it...

i dont think thats frauding and ps how do i make it that she covers her other car aswell?

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:07 Quote
fortune-cookie-rider wrote:
used my mums details then just quoted on teh civic and added my self as aditional driver thats it...

i dont think thats frauding and ps how do i make it that she covers her other car aswell?

If you're the one whose going to drive it most then that is fronting and if you get caught you could get charged with driving without insurance, which means a huge fine and a massive hike in insurance costs. It honestly isn't worth it.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 14:04 Quote
well thanks for all your help ill try and figure something out.. thanks for helping me out through out this 2 man convo thread.. Razz

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013812
Mobile Version of Website